Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Need participators for a poll for class  (Read 2420 times)

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Need participators for a poll for class
« on: May 27, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »

We're doing a case study in our world cultures class and I'm taking sort of an informational survey. I know this is the spam board but if people could be serious in their answers that would be much appreciated. Okay so this is what I need:

This is a question for class guys! I need feedback and it is relevant to my paper I am writing.

"Some may believe that being “gentleman” or a “lady” in today’s society is an outdated notion, but others may disagree. What characteristics do you feel define a "gentleman" or a "lady", and do you feel it still exists in today's society?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:12:12 PM by Uchiha Taraka »

Fuyuriku

• View Profile

Quest

Re: Need participators for a poll for class
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »

I think it depends on the time and place. I think most of us at least knows how to act like a gentleman or lady when the situation calls for it. But being all gentleman or lady-like when you are hanging out with your friends/classmate/co-workers etc will just put them off, or make them tease you for your "strange" behavior.

If I have a friend you acts like a gentleman all the time, my 1st thought would be, "is he gay or something?! O_o"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:59:08 PM by Quest »

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 11:43:50 AM »

To be a gentleman, you need to wear a top hat, snazzy suit, and a monocle everywhere.
So obviously the biggest gentleman is the Monopoly Guy.

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Quest

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »

I agree! =D

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 06:23:40 AM »

Mayhaps your study is over, but I just saw this thread. XD

I think the terms "gentleman" and "lady" are outdated in our society. With those terms, I feel as though some characteristics are old fashioned, but other parts encompassed in such a term are worth passing down.

When I think of "gentleman" I think of a guy who is classy, respectful, formal, and overall has good manners, especially in regards to women. When I think of "lady" I think of a girl who is classy as well, more passive and submissive, not crude, polite/good manners, things like that.

But in today's day and age, I personally think that a majority of people don't fall under those categories, or at least the notion of the gentleman and lady has changed a little, in that a lady doesn't have to necessarily be passive or regal, but she can still be respectful, good mannered, and polite. Likewise, gentlemen don't have to necessarily wear top hats, speak with extreme formality etc., though they still would do things such as be chivalrous, have good manners, be respectful, etc. The terms gentleman and lady also carry a connotation of being something that often brings up the imagery of fancy rich people, but nowadays, anybody can really be a gentleman or a lady.

:D   Just my two cents. And yeah, I agree with Miha; Monopoly man in his tophat and massive handlebar moustache = epitome of the gentleman!

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.