Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Change of Name Inconsitencies  (Read 2122 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Change of Name Inconsitencies
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »

Well. I have been making payouts to people with DP for missions they have taken on or random stuff I see here and there just trying to spend up all the donated DP I have received. An accounting of that is in the Village Board, at the Mission Thread.

The problems I have encountered are in 3 areas:

1] Sending DP
When an account's name has been changed I have to have the original log in name in order to get the system for sending DP to them to work.

2] Searching the Warrior's List
I have had trouble searching the warrior's list from time to time as well, though it does mostly find the warrior based on their currently changed name.

3] Sending Pms
Also in the PM feature where you type in the name of the character you wish to message this has been a time to time problem as well.

Can anything be done to correct this difficulty?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Change of Name Inconsitencies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:23:10 AM »

Well. I have been making payouts to people with DP for missions they have taken on or random stuff I see here and there just trying to spend up all the donated DP I have received. An accounting of that is in the Village Board, at the Mission Thread.

The problems I have encountered are in 3 areas:

1] Sending DP
When an account's name has been changed I have to have the original log in name in order to get the system for sending DP to them to work.

2] Searching the Warrior's List
I have had trouble searching the warrior's list from time to time as well, though it does mostly find the warrior based on their currently changed name.

3] Sending Pms
Also in the PM feature where you type in the name of the character you wish to message this has been a time to time problem as well.

Can anything be done to correct this difficulty?

Actually all of this can be solved quite easily...just have the recipient add you to their friend's list and you should be able to see their original login.
The thing is..the current new login doesn't link to the corresponding old login in any search function.
I have no idea how to solve it at this moment. :\

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 05:13:48 PM »

logins won't change, names will ^^

but some old modules don't work too well with it, agreed.

I can work on 1. as this seems to be the case.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »

Kamui darling...

That function of the friend's list only works if they are online at the time. In my actual list that I access through my PMs, it is the new name that shows up, while the list under my stats of online friends is where the original name is shown.

So...I would only have the ability to access the log in name if that person was online at the time I intended to send them DP.

The probabilities are shrinking daily.

And thank you Neji.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.