Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New partnersite?  (Read 3843 times)

cmage

• View Profile
Re: New partnersite?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 08:46:12 AM »

And Chopper would be Kuromaru's equivalent  :D
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 09:42:03 AM »

That would work. Sanji could be Katsuya - each kick in his flurry could be each slug that attacks, and his cooking heals!

Quest

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 10:52:36 AM »

I'd prefer having the main characters as Mercenaries instead of slaves. Not to mention that slaves can't give you a piggyback ride across the ocean. So what plans do you have for ships? Please don't tell me that you're going to have ships replace dwellings, or that the game will have no ships at all. Look at the whole picture and not just the tiny part that you seem to be opposing.

Instead of justifying the flaws in your concept, try fixing them and point out the flaws in my concept so that I may do the same.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:54:37 AM by Quest »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 12:20:36 PM »

Ships replacing dwellings eh... that's a pretty good idea! It's not like a pirate would sleep in a regular house, that would be just plain absurd!

Quest

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »

Uhh...a ship that don't sail, use for storing gold and serves as a place for you and your mates to sleep in...god, that actually makes some sense X_X;;

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »

Well, your ship wouldn't be sailing 24/7, right? You might have it docked in town or anchored somewhere along the Grand Line for an afternoon snooze, for example. But yeah, when you think about it, it does make some sense.  ;)

Quest

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 12:49:27 PM »

Well, the sailing part can always be RPed in the zones or in the ship (dwelling) itself.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 12:50:27 PM »

Hence ships =/= mounts.  :smt075

Quest

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 01:04:23 PM »

You actually care that much about about the slave or ship argument? =p

We should be simply discussing possibilities and making them better. Anyway, I think that "Hideout" can easily replace "Dwellings". And it makes sense for a pirate to have a hideout here and there to stash your gold.

If ships were used to replace dwellings, then the only logical thing to do would be to make it accessible from every town like the garden on SL.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:13:02 PM by Quest »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »

Most pirates in One Piece are nomadic, so a hideout is a no-go when considering the series' context. Besides, the Straw Hats keep their finances stashed away on their ship, so...

As for the accessibility, well, if you ventured deep into the jungle of an island, is it logical (One Piece-wise) for you be able to access your ship from God-knows-how-many-kilometers-away at your own convenience?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 02:13:30 PM by Angra Mainyu »

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 09:43:14 AM »

Sorry to keep bringing up old things, but I had an idea for the mounts. It would essentially be building off of Mainyu's idea, though instead of calling them slaves, I thought there had to be a better name to call them. <<;

It could be a "First Mate" system, where essentially instead of a stables or bestiary, you would visit a "Shady Tavern" (that could be changed,
I'm not super familiar with One Piece so I don't know specific names of buildings) where you can essentially hire out a First Mate:

Since they're a separate person or companion, they would be able to assist you depending on how much it costs to buy their loyalty/services (such as how Katsuya heals and damages enemies, so maybe a Chopper First Mate would heal you and do minor damage). Basically the more expensive the First Mate, the more damage they do, the more perks, the longer they last (stamina), etc., just like how they are in SL.

In terms of travel points, maybe they would affect your "spirits" so that the more funny a character is, the more willingness you have to travel far. Or you can even just do away with the idea of adding travel points.  :twisted:

They would last "X" amount of terms depending on how large they are, or maybe proportionate to their stamina in the show. You can buy them a meal at the Shady Tavern once a day to replenish their strength as well.

Eh, just a random thought. ^^

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 10:38:31 AM »

Sorry to keep bringing up old things, but I had an idea for the mounts. It would essentially be building off of Mainyu's idea, though instead of calling them slaves, I thought there had to be a better name to call them. <<;

[...]

Eh, just a random thought. ^^
Sounds a lot better than my stub-of-an-idea.  ;)

Quest

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 11:02:57 AM »

Thumbs up for Purple =)

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 05:24:26 AM »

There! :D
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.