Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Which community do you belong to?

Extremely Hardcore Naruto Community
Hardcore Naruto Community
Creative Naruto Community
Mystique Community
Anything Goes Community
I don't Roleplay

Author Topic: Which Community Do you Belong to?  (Read 2151 times)

Quest

Which Community Do you Belong to?
« on: May 15, 2012, 01:37:38 PM »

I'm curious about how large each community roughly is.

Here are the description for each community;

Extremely Hardcore Naruto Community - Those who follow the manga strictly down to the smallest details. History, KG, Jutsu, everything has to be from the manga.

Hardcore Naruto Community - Those who follow the manga, but still allow a limited amount of creativity in their RP. Accepting facts and powers found in fillers, OVA, movies, and games(?).

Creative Naruto Community - Those who follow the manga loosely and allow their creativity to flow. Creating things like Custom Sage Mode, Custom KG, Custom Release and whatnot.

Mystique Community - Those who may or may not follow the manga or anime. Allowing angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, and other mythical/supernatural creatures.

Anything Goes Community - Those who don't follow the manga or anime at all. Anything popular will do, DBZ, Bleach, One Piece, Pokemon etc.

I don't Roleplay - Those who uses the commentary for chit-chat about their every day lives or just talk about anime and games.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:43:08 PM by Quest »

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Which Community Do you Belong to?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:20:23 PM »

Sad thing is, I deal with it all. It's rather hard to narrow it down.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 11:24:29 PM »

Well, filler is fine as long as it makes sense, but sometimes it doesn't and at times contradicts with the cannon verse. I'd go with the creative one but still strongly related to the cannon-verse, in the sense that one should have what to relate to.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:27:05 PM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:29:17 PM »

I'm not Extremely Hardcore cause I joined SL because it doesn't follow the history and it gives you options to create new jutsu, but I don't like most jutsu from fillers, OVA, movies, and games. I tolerate custom KG, releases, etc to a certain extent. I draw the line at players become supernatural xD

So I'm something on that list...
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 11:31:09 PM »

In my view, filler and ova and what not are like custom jutsu, they should fly about as long as they would if they were created by a random player.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:49:40 AM »

I prefer creativity, though with at least some base and validity behind the actions. I like seeing people create their own jutsu and such, but when people become unreasonable, then it slowly stops being fun. :O

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »

I have to agree with Asadi.

It really depends on which character I am playing too.  And I mean as to how I play a character.

At any rate I really don't see a category that adequately defines which camp i am in.

I don't  care for things that just are not fair. And many canon jutsu are just not fair, are god moddish. If you can't evade something, like it is an instant hit type jutsu...then it is by definition, OP.

The point has been raised many times. You got some other race? Reign it in to the constraints of zoning rules, be creative but have things make sense.

So, I can't choose one of those communities because I adopt some of each.

And I think the Mystique one leaves out quite a lot and by your definition through omission is a bit biased in the negative. It makes it look like that if you have a character of another race that you don't do things correctly at all as to jutsu and such things by the manga or even the anime, movies and games. As far as jutsu go, I prefer the manga but am not opposed too much seeing others use whatever.

Purple says it well. Creative but with validity and reason behind the actions.

Quest

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 02:34:24 PM »

Well, voting doesn't make you bias. Just because you are in a certain community due to similar interest, believes, RP style etc, doesn't mean that you don't enjoy being with other communities on SL. If you have a hard time choosing one of the above, just pick one that you feel most at home with.

Try not to focus too hard when reading the descriptions of each community, since those description are completely based on my own observation. They are not written by the "leader" of each community or anything. They don't define your RP, that's just how I describe them.

Each community (excluding those who don't RP at all) have players who are great roleplayers and those who simply go God Mode on everyone. They also have players who blur the line by combining several different elements into their RP to have fun, avoid boring their sparring partner, and widens their range of RP.

So Asadi, Kay, and anybody else who are having their problem, just pick one that you had most fun with. ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:36:35 PM by Quest »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 03:30:54 AM »

Well I figure by definition that the poll is misleading. If you chose  mystique then it means you aren't and RPer who is of the creative community.

Well anyway I think it is an interesting study...and will show the views of only those who participate. Many of my rp friends don't ever come to the forum. More so than those who do. So it won't really give a true measure of how the RP communities on SL are divided, just on those who come out to vote.

I collect what I affectionately call slackers.  :D

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 03:49:37 AM »

It is truly a shame, not even a tenth of the active players come here.

My jaw dropped when I saw the all time "most online" record of the forum. x.x

Quest

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »

Well, I'm not surprised. I've played a few online RPG and never bother with the forums after I downloaded the installer and got my game running O_o

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »

See they are important!!!

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »

Can't see!

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.