Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bored to death! Let's zone!!  (Read 3562 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Bored to death! Let's zone!!
« on: June 25, 2012, 05:42:33 AM »

Enters the area and looks around finding it rather bland. using her amazing powers of imagination, she closes her eyes and thinks of the land not far from her home. Foothills abound covered in trees with little clearings doted about here and there. A creek runs through the property and down through the hollows where little sun  light peeps through the canopy. Large rock formations outcrop here and there and a cool breeze blows over the forest causing the trees to sway gently in the distance.

Opening her eyes she smiles for all is laid out as she imagined. Certainly the terrain will be susceptible to the whims of others as well. She sits cross legged upon the ridge line with her katana laid out across her knees waiting to see who may or may not stop by.

Kotetsu

• Dovahkriid...
    • View Profile
    • Doing anything while listening to this song automatically makes it an epic situation...
Re: Bored to death! Let's zone!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:56:10 AM »

Just so happens to stumble upon the very same location, though he believes himself to be totally alone at the moment. He drags his ginormous sword behind him lazily as he treads through the grass, leaving a long gash in the soil as far as his trek had been, due to the weight of his weapon pushing its blade into the earth as it is towed behind him.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:34:21 AM by Azarik ^^; »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 06:03:52 AM »

Before too long she begins to sense the approaching warrior through his chakra signature; it is one she has encountered several times before. A smile tickles the edge of her mouth once the sound of his footsteps can be heard and that of something else...

She turns round to view the warrior as he approaches raising her left hand to shield her eyes for the sun was to her back. What a racket he is kicking up. Suddenly she laughs as she sees what is going on.

"That can't be good for your blade. have you ever considered switching to a smaller sword?" Her question is given with good humored tones to her voice and just a hint of sarcasm.

Kotetsu

• Dovahkriid...
    • View Profile
    • Doing anything while listening to this song automatically makes it an epic situation...
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »

Lifts his eyes up from the ground as some motion catches his attention out of the far edge of his peripheral vision. He grins some and waves back once he realizes who it is and then pulls his sword forward and holds it out, showing the blade toward her with one hand like it weighed as much as a normal sized weapon to him."Nah, its okay. This thing doesn't seem to dull no matter what I cut with it...I mean, it might be a little unweildy for such...but I could probably shave with this thing."

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 06:21:54 AM »

As he levels his blade out toward her, she grips her katana in her left hand and rises to her feet in a relaxed manner. Her eyes scan the weapon and she sighs thinking that it would be difficult to deal with opponents who managed to get in under his reach. Up close combat would be unwieldy regardless of strength in battle. She looks up to his face and laughs softly.

"Well I always did wonder how you got those scars and shaving would certainly explain it." She held her sword before her resting the blade horizontally across the palm of her right hand.[/color] "This standard katana seems to suit me well enough." She sheaths the weapon upon her right hip and inquires of him while occupied with these motions.

"I didn't expect to see anyone tonight. What brings you up here upon the ridge Kotetsu?"

Kotetsu

• Dovahkriid...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 06:32:17 AM »

Turned the tip of his blade downward and drove it into the soil enough to keep the weapon upright on its own. He smiled and shook his head as she joke about his scars, resting his hands at his belt."Oh, yes. That's exactly what happened." He said, shaking his head with a  snicker."There's nothing wrong with a plain old katana. I just...can't seem to give this thing up."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:36:10 AM by Azarik ^^; »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 06:36:15 AM »

She noted he did not answer her question but did not press the issue. A man's business was his own and if he didn't want to say then it would be fine with her. She had seen him in action before and knew that he could handle himself quite well with what he had. "Well I don't suppose when something works it really needs fixing. Would you care to spar some? I mean since you are here and all."

Kotetsu

• Dovahkriid...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 06:44:17 AM »

He nodded to her with a smile as she spoke, then grinned at her suggestion."Well, I didn't expect to find anyone out here either. I was gonna practice some of my techniques out here. But I think I like your idea better."He then pulls his weapon from the soil and takes a step back, shaking the dirt off.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 06:49:42 AM »

Seeing yet again how easily he handled the weapon, Moenkopi thought that she may live to regret suggesting they spar. She could figure that even a swat from the flat of the hulking bit of metal would deal plenty of damage. She moved back from him to further the distance between themselves to about 20 yards. Bowing to him slightly she would speak upon resuming her upright posture.

"That sounds great. Maybe later if we need to rest or something you can tell me about these new techniques of yours." She would wait for him to make the opening move.

edit= fixing color code
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:28:36 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Kotetsu

• Dovahkriid...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 06:56:05 AM »

Bowed back to her as she increased the distance between them, which he thought to be a good move on her part. He smiled and shifted his footing about as he prepared himself. Who would be the first to go on the offensive?"Well, they are not new...per se. But I don't think I have shown you any since before my hair went white."

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 06:50:03 PM »

Although she had not hesitated to tease him about his sword, she had not made mention of the white patch of hair he was now sporting. She felt it out of place to bring up, but since he had opened that topic up for discussion...

She remarked,
"I guess life in the Mist is pretty rough if it is making an old man out of you." They had not seen each other since he had given her an invention of his, a prosthetic arm, that she could use in her medical practice. That had been quite the medical break through, in her opinion, for the arm was actually controlled through chakra and would revolutionize treatment of amputations entirely.

She reached up to pull her hair back behind her shoulder and surreptitiously formed one handed kata after releasing her mane behind her neck. Calling up her doton chakra she wove its threads together and caused a series of five stone spires to erupt from the ground upon his location in the configuration that the pips would appear on a die; the center spire being the point upon which he was now standing.
"Doton: Supi-do no Hashira " she whispered. Although classically this jutsu was to be placed under her own feet and used in a linear fashion for the express purpose of her own escape from a dangerous situation, she used it now in an attempt to upset his footing and perhaps send him shooting up into the air.

Kotetsu

• Dovahkriid...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:47 PM »

Tilted his head off to one side as she spoke, shaking it with an amused grin."Oh, you have no idea..." He says, before refocusing his attention upon her as she brings forth a kata. His eyes glanced downward momentarily as the effect of this jutsu became immediately clear, and he wobbled slightly as the earth rose up beneath his feet, nearly ejecting him up into the air. To keep his balance, he reversed his hold on the hilt of his blade, holding it behind his waist as he distributed his weight and adhered to the surface via chakra in the soles of his feet to better keep from falling.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:11:06 AM by Azarik ^^; »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:03:56 PM »

Was really rather surprised that he did not try to get out of her configuration of rising columns and actually rode one up into the air. She shrugged and figured she would teach him not to do so in the future. Speaking one word, she activated a blast that would be devastating. "bakuhatsu"

All five pillars blew apart from within as she forced the particulate matter within the earth to repel each other will alarming rapidity. It was merely a reversal of that attractive force that she used to gather the earth and create the pillars in the first place. However its effects were anything but benign. Rather that stick around to be blasted by her own jutsu, she now ran into the hollow beneath the cover of the trees, vacating the ridge line altogether.

Kotetsu

• Dovahkriid...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 01:06:22 AM »

Went wide eyed as Kay's word  reached his ears faintly. He had figured standing upon the pillars would provoke some sort of attack, but expected spikes or something of that manner rather than the pillars detonating. Just before his form was enveloped in the cloud of dust and debris, the sunlight would glint off of his eyes, giving of a red glare for the brief moment that he was visible from the cloud. After a few seconds there only the blade of his sword sticking out of the pile of pillar remnants and rubble. After a few moments of stillness and silence however, the debris would begin to stir.   

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 05:03:05 AM »

Moenkopi wasn't sticking around to wait and see if Kotetsu had survived or was coming after her. The likelihood that she had killed him was remote at best. Not only was the jutsu of moderate power, he was a skilled warrior. Currently she was running down into the ravine enjoying the coolness of the forest compared to the heat that had been present upon the ridge line. Here she was in her element with the hills rising higher and higher about her the deeper into the hollow she sped. She was making no attempt at covering her tracks as well. For the better part of the descent, that is.

Soon enough she she would be near the cliff over hang upon which the small stream fell to carve out more of the hills into hollows. she began leaping from stone to stone to not tear up any of the soil or disturb the ferns and mosses which grew here in these darkened places of the forest. Her goal would be to move back behind the fall of the water and so take Kotetsu by surprise should he follow.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.