Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Possibility of SL II?  (Read 2265 times)

Quest

Possibility of SL II?
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:21:55 PM »

What are your thoughts on making Shinobi Legends II? Here are some of my ideas on the subject:

1) Dropping the LoTGD system and making it more like a Facebook game.

2) Villages are presented as a complete map based on the original in the manga/anime with shops and location as dots that you can click instead of the current side bar menu.

3) Simply pointing your cursor over a location dot will display a mini picture and name of the location.

4) There will be various "Battle Zones" on the world map and sometimes within the village. Each zones will contain its own unique mobs of a fixed level range. So instead of slumming for enemies 1 level below you, players can just go do some grinding in a low level zone.

5) Attacks and Jutsu will have special effects.

6) Forest Fights will be replaced with Chakra, so every move you make will consume a certain amount of chakra.

7) Chakra will slowly recover when the character is sleeping, in other words, when the player is logged out.

8) Each mob will have a common drop and a special drop. Common drop being healing items or ninja tools based on the mob's level. Mobs of the same level will all randomly drop the same common items. Special drops being an item that you can only get from that particular mob.

9) Max level will most likely be above 15, and maybe set to a ridiculous amount like 999 (for sitters). Which is impossible to achieve without grinding for 10-20 years due to the enormous amount of exp required that no mob can offer. Going pass level 100 will require more patience than usual.

10) With each level up, players will gain more HP, chakra and 3 stat points. Stat points can be allocated to STR (adds to your total attack power), VIT (adds to your total defense), SPD (decides who attack 1st during PVP and PVE, influences your number of hits when you attack, and dodge rate), LUK (influences critical rate, item drop rate, how often you get forest events).

11) Missions and mini quests will be available as a more interesting way to level up compare to just grinding mobs for exp.

12) Genin, Chuunin, and Jounin Exam, that actually sends players into a special location (such as the Forest of Death) to fight against unique mobs, search for quest items and complete special missions. Passing the exam will grant players the title and excess to more contents such as new locations, new Battle Zones (higher level mobs), more missions and mini quest, better equipment and items etc.

13) Special titles such as Hunter Nin, ANBU, Sennin, and Akatsuki can be gained by completing hidden or sometimes difficult quests.

14) Exams and quests for titles are unlocked as the player levels up.

15) Ryō will replace gold. Gems will be remain as the rare and valuable currency.

16) Mounts will be replaced by pets, and summons. Bijuu are removed from gameplay.

17) Pets will be like the mercenaries on SL. They have their own HP and they don't level up. Pets with fixed HP and attack can be bought from shops, Stronger of pets have more HP, higher attack, and are more expensive. Pets can be caught in the wild with pet catching items. Pets caught in the wild are stronger than those sold in shops, and each one you catch have different amount of HP and attack. Pets variety includes cats, dogs, pigs, birds etc. During battles, your pet will perform whatever actions it is meant to do, such as attacking, healing, stealing items etc. When their HP reaches 0, they will fall and stay asleep until they are fully healed.

18) Summons can only be obtained by completing hidden quests. Unlike pets, summons aren't always by your side and requires chakra to be summoned. Each time you perform a summon, your summoning scroll will gain exp. Leveling your summoning scroll will unlock stronger summons which requires more chakra to summon, but possess more HP and stronger attack. Summons will remain by your side until they run our of HP. So a powerful summon like Gamabunta will have enough HP to stick around for at least a few days even thou it cannot recover HP.

19) Almost forgot, player start by picking a home village and a chakra affinity (fire, water, wind, earth, or lighting). Chuunin can chose a 2nd chakra affinity, and Jounin can choose a 3rd.

20) Jutsu are learned from scrolls that are either gain from certain mobs, mini bosses, bosses, the merchant in the forest, or missions. Aside from Genjutsu and Taijutsu, players can only learn elemental Ninjutsu that they have an affinity for.

21) Dwellings can be bought with ryō and gems. Dwellings start 1 room, 5 items slots. Rooms can be added by doing an expansion which cost ryō and gems. Expansion gets more expensive as you add more rooms. Extra item storage can only be bought with DP.

22) Bank can store ryō and gems.

23) Player loses all ryō in hand upon death, loses a randomly selected item, 10% exp and all chakra. Player will then be taken back to their home village with 1 HP and 0 chakra. Player will not drop below the minimum exp required for their current level.

24) Username will not be used as character's display name. Player can only have 1 character, but can freely delete and make a new character without deleting their account.

25) Character deletion has a wait time of minimum 10 minutes, maximum 1440 minutes (24 hours) which can be set in player's preference menu which will require player to enter their password. Default wait time is 60 minutes. Player can cancel character deletion any time within the wait limit.

26) Traveling to other countries will cost ryō instead of travel points. Some larger pets or summon can be use for free travel by sacrificing their HP.

27) Teams of 4 can be formed with offline friends. Friends cannot recover HP, and is dismissed when their HP reach 0 or when they log in. Friends can only be use once every 24 hours. Your friends will gain a small amount of exp for each battle they participate in. Friends with a level gap of over 10 cannot be added to your team.

28) Rebirth can be done when a player at least level 60 and has a Rebirth Scroll. Rebirth will set the player's level to 1 and exp to 0. Extra stats gained through leveling will be lost. All items and currency (ryō and gems) will be destroyed. Pet will be lost. All learned Jutsu will be forgotten. Chakra affinity will be reset. Summoning scroll and summoning level are kept. Dwellings and all items within are kept. Current title and unlocked contents are kept. Anything bought with DP will be kept.

29) Rebirth gives you permanent stat points that stay after your next reset (1 permanent stat point for every 10 levels). Number of rebirths unlocks Kekkei Genkai and advance forms of certain Kekkei Genkai (such as the Sharingan/Mangekyou/Eternal Mangekyou/Rinnegan). Curse Seal will be unlocked through rebirth as well.

30) DP can be used to buy unique Jutsu Scrolls, unique pets, stat reset, extra item storage in dwelling, fully restore Chakra once every 8 hours, reduce exp lost upon death, keep 50% or 100% of in hand ryō upon death, prevent item lost upon death, buy special talisman that fully restores HP and Chakra but loses 50% of their exp (overwrites reduce exp lost), add a special title in front or behind their character's display name, change character's display name, switch gender, free travel, switch Kekkei Genkai and unlock in-game portrait in character's profile.

31) A real-time PVP system. Player may submit a PVP anyone on the online list. The other player can choose to refuse your PVP challenge. PVP can be set to "auto refuse" in player's preferences menu. Player with 0 chakra cannot accept PVP challenge. Both player chooses an action to perform each round, the player with the higher SPD will perform their action 1st (random if it's a tie), 1st one to reduce the other's HP to 0 wins. If player runs out of chakra during a PVP then the only option left is to surrender. If the opponent is disconnects, the online player wins. Instead of win/lose, player gains PK points based on their level difference. No exp gain from PVPs.

32) Hall of Fame will display and rank the following, PK points, current level, number of rebirths, mission completed, mini quest completed, number of Jutsu learned, damage done, gold in bank, gems in bank etc.

33) Clans will be as I suggested in the feature request.

34) All locations and forest events will be illustrated.

35) Every location will have a chat log that auto refresh/updated every few seconds without interfering with your typing or refreshing the entire page. Chat logs are meant for RP purposes.

36) Fighting zones will be illustrated with more details with the whole area visible.

37) The world will follow the Naruto series more closely (especially the art style). But the developer might be forced to apply some creativity when it comes to mobs and NPCs in order to create more variety and to avoid copyright issues.

38) DP can also be gain by defeating bosses, but they only respawn after a certain amount of time has passed. The stronger the boss, the better the reward, the longer you wait for it to respawn.

39) All mobs and bosses are not shared between players, so they will be no KS (Kill Steal) or looting.

40) World Boss will appear every so often. They have an Godly amount of HP. Team is auto disbanded when fighting a World Boss. Only one player may engage the boss at a time. The rest will just have to keep clicking on it until you get engaged. The person who does the most damage to the boss is the MVP and gets the special loot, plus extra DP. The top 20 will get their share of rewards depending on their damage ranking. If someone challenges the World Boss more than once, the total damage they inflicted in their previous engagement will be added together to form a new total. Those low level acads who did like 100 damage to the beast with 100,000,000 HP will most likely get nothing from the encounter except death.

A huge dream that I would try to make real in the future if no body especially *cough* Neji *cough* beats me to it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:29:27 PM by Quest »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Possibility of SL II?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 04:32:33 PM »

I would delete this thread, save the idea, work on it, and go to town making a group for this to be made. >>

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 04:38:51 PM »

Wouldn't mind this at all, even lending a helping hand.

Quest

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 05:12:56 PM »

I would delete this thread, save the idea, work on it, and go to town making a group for this to be made. >>
Not sure how many years it would take before I can make a game of my own. Not to mention the money it would take to keep the server up and running, as well as the hardware required to run it in the 1st place. If all goes well, in a few years, my brother (kinda) will make his own game company as planned, and hopefully I can gain his support on this idea.

Even is someone steals the idea, I doubt any publisher out there would support making any other kind of MMORPG that's not a clone of WoW. Besides, only someone who has played SL for many many years can make a game that plays and feels like the original. And respecting Neji's idea of not wanting players to stay online for long long hours while trying to milk players of their money by making everything only available with points bought with real cash.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:32:04 PM by Quest »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »

I of course would like to have more than one character to try out the different build sets WITHOUT having to delete a character in order to do so. I feel the one character issue is very limiting.

Quest

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 09:27:23 PM »

Well, at least you wouldn't have to delete your account and make another one like we have to do now on SL =p

Well, if you are still early in the game, deleting a level 10-20 character isn't too great of a lost. If you are around level 40-50, then you might as well just go all the way and Rebirth at level 60. If you are caught in-between, then resetting your stat with DP is the only favorable choice to me.

This is my version of SL II anyway. Why don't you guys post your envision of SL II? =D Turn off the gravity for once and just let your dream fly, even if it appears that you will not be able to reach it XD No harm done since we aren't trying to push our ideas onto SL, right?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 12:33:04 AM »

I think you miss the point.

It is the character I don't want to delete. Once I would build up stats on a character and start rping with them, they would have story line history. And for me that is a done deal. I have created a persona. And that is just not deleatable to me. SO...I am stuck with one character.

Too limiting.

Quest

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 04:24:40 AM »

I think that would create a lot of account sharing problems. Ban one account and you get 2-3 angry players at your doorstep X_X

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 12:08:55 AM »

SL II would need to be a multi-platform game. Though, first being available only on PC. Then a PS3 and Xbox 360 version would come out. And then after a few more months, or years, it would come out on Mac.

And then, there's the DLC! Most of it would of course be skins, PS3 themes, Xbox 360 avatars, accessibility to Iwagakure, extra missions, etc.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »

Programming a game from scratch is not that easy ^^ while you are solo on that (programming part) and have your hands full of other things.

If you want to market such a game, you'd need permission from the rights owners - licensing.
As this is currently more a fan site (no fees, donations used for server costs) the border would be quite here.

You need to consider the technology: do you want a browser-game that can be indeed played on any platform with a browser, or a compiled game?
Minecraft (I like it) is Java-based (which I do not like) and works off using a server somewhere (with a login-check on a central server).

The ideas are good, and I see where you are coming from ^^ Though the technology + system would need a bigger thought first.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 11:48:35 PM »

I think I must agree with Kay. With only one character one cannot fully appreciate any type of role-play. When you set of and create one character you are, in effect, limiting your role-play to that character's style. However, if you create a multitude of characters, you can effectively broaden your perspectives, experiment with different role-playing styles, and thus find the best style for you, but also keep the other characters and styles to continually expand your skill and knowledge.

Granting only one character effectively limits a person's ability to grow as an Rper, and as well experience the many aspects of the game. This is my opinion. I am all for this game, but would suggest allowing a person to create multiple accounts if they so desire to...
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.