Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: The KG sharing thing  (Read 2492 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

The KG sharing thing
« on: July 20, 2013, 06:18:00 AM »

Is starting to get silly. I saw Sabu doing it first and was like, "Ok..." and now several people are doing it. Then with Jolt and Shadow about to fight for the 5 tails I learn Jolt is trying to pool his KG, wanting to claim 4 resets from his other Amite Kai account and then say he gets to have two more from the 160 oro kills his main has. That has been resolved already, I'm just using it as an example, but I think if this is going to be allowed we need to say what the rules are for it.

As Spider-Man says, everybody gets one, and I think that is how it should work. If you want to say you are using your alts resets then fine, you get those AND JUST THOSE, you don't get to combine two accounts resets. An account should also only be able to share it's KG with one person. You should not be able to fully reset an account and then make 3 acads and have them all rp with 16 resets from that. I know this isn't a huge deal right now but it is just something I forsee spiraling out of control in the future.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:19:17 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Eric

• View Profile
Re: The KG sharing thing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »

It's been done before, though not to rasengan levels of crazy.

I agree, though part of me wants to disagree just because of the possibilities of two chars sharing two sets of resets... Two abilities... My mouth waters at the evil...

But yeah, I agree. One account, one char, one reset page.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 01:16:58 PM »

I'm all for one for one. I don't want people to suddenly have every single KG and ability granted from all sixteen different resets.

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 02:42:45 PM »

I myself am denying it now before this thread was made. Thought I could become a Sith Lord if I did.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:45:16 PM by Jolt »
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »

If someone just recently bought an account or something in which their previous main is wished to be kept in tact, as long as the account manipulator doesn't double the resets he has to rp with them on both accounts I deem it viable. Though it shouldn't be allowed to the extent rakudo has explained. A scenario like this may end up occuring: Academy Student Jeff dies after having triumphantly taken on the entire Konoha force, severely hurting the village with various rinnegan attacks.
Blah Blah Blah Stacked Account: Comes to the scene his rinnegan actively viewing the demise as he now takes on to further destroy the village.

Plain and simple the account manipulator as person has to grow up and let go of his 'og' account if he wishes to add resets name changes don't lock dp so any account could be made into the main once again.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 04:34:12 AM »

It depends really. Say someone's stacked account is in horrible debt and they can't change their name and yada, yada? Also, I know people just LOVE their main accounts and would hate to leave to another. Maybe it's just an inconvenience altogether? There can be so many reasons.

I propose a really simple solution to this: ONE character must be linked to ONE account.
  • When someone so chooses to import his/her resets from their "stacked" account or account of choice to the character's account, the resets on character's account (if there are any at all) must be voided in rp.
    • No "trading"
      This is nothing new and just reinforces the first bullet point. I say there has to be a downside or negative to this system. The desired account's resets will be imported but character's accounts resets will be voided in rp and can only be reversed by negating the import.
  • No pooling.
  • The account where the resets were imported from must state the character's account it's going to in the bio and vice-versa.
    So that means I can't claim...lets say, I dunno, Zenaku's resets on a whim. That would give "kg pirating" a whole new meaning.
  • The "stacked" account or the desired account, whose resets have been imported to another account, can't rp or must rp without those resets.
  • If one chooses to import resets from one account to another, they must import ALL resets.
    Let's be real here, this kg system is complicated as is....last thing we need is picking and choosing resets...just don't.

Feel free to criticize, add to, correct, or completely disregard this list altogether. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:54:11 AM by Genesis »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 04:46:07 AM »

Alright, I think we all have the idea.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 07:38:07 AM »

Speak for yourself. So what you're saying is that if I were to 'import' Uetto's resets into my account, then Uetto would no longer be able to use the resets that are on the account (Let's pretend that I owned Kirk's account for a sec with that example).

This means that the resets would only be valid for one character, and one character only right?

So what would keep someone from claiming the resets of an inactive player? I don't think Dark would complain till he logs in within the next few months...
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 07:51:51 AM »

Speak for yourself. So what you're saying is that if I were to 'import' Uetto's resets into my account, then Uetto would no longer be able to use the resets that are on the account (Let's pretend that I owned Kirk's account for a sec with that example).

This means that the resets would only be valid for one character, and one character only right?

So what would keep someone from claiming the resets of an inactive player? I don't think Dark would complain till he logs in within the next few months...
Yeah that is the idea. Someone also mentioned the person should have to put "resets going to so and so" in their bio so you cant just steal someones reset on the DL.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 02:51:27 PM »

Well then, with that cleared up, guess that's a fine compromise rather than just outright denying it.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 04:40:19 AM »

Everybody do whatever you want. Cause chaos and destruction and don't listen to the rules!

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 06:19:20 AM »

First of all...

Forest fights should have nothing to do with RP. You should have to role play growing strong, stealing eyes, training...and all of that sort of thing in order to claim a power.

This buying accounts, stacking resets from several different accounts...
it is totally ridiculous and has nothing to do with Role playing at all.

I tire with how ridiculous this thing has become. Just remember when you all get done blowing up the world that I had my force field up the whole time and it is super duper resistant to anything that could ever be imagined.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 09:33:48 AM »

First of all...

Forest fights should have nothing to do with RP. You should have to role play growing strong, stealing eyes, training...and all of that sort of thing in order to claim a power.

I tire with how ridiculous this thing has become. Just remember when you all get done blowing up the world that I had my force field up the whole time and it is super duper resistant to anything that could ever be imagined.

And if that fails and your character does die you'll just shout at people till it is reversed... I assume... because that has never happened before...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:40:36 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »

First of all...

We haven't blown up the world... yet.  :twisted:

All jokes aside, we could try to make that the case, but his isn't SLS; there really would be no checking to see whether someone actually trained for whatever whatever. On something like SLS someone could actually check that, but we're not on a forum, we're on a browser RPG with private dwellings and the likes.

It has been so long, I forget how that actually worked in the past before the resets came out.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 07:46:51 PM »

When I stole Yō's resets, it was because I couldn't change his name (DP debt). But I put my name in his bio and his name on mine, and now only have one character. Yō does not RP.

I think that whatever account you steal the resets from should no longer be a character you can play. I'm not saying you have to delete their bio or whatever, but you can't RP with them. This keeps people from pirating KG that aren't theirs to take.
But eh, like I say, do what you want.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.