Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 73269 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2012, 06:28:56 AM »

One point I need to make, the no returning thing, this assumes that the soul was forced out of the body and the zombie was killed. I don't want to see anyone wrapping up a zombie in a cloth and saying "Nope, it's gone forever now.

If it is sealed then it is sealed simple as that. Unless of course it because unsealed, like the two I sealed that time.

I'm not saying you cannot seal zombies, but if their soul is still in the body then they can be released.

Not if the seal is strong enough, it'll pretty much restrict the whole zombie until either someone dispels Edo Tensei.
As long as no damage isn't done to the soul, it can be re-usable if you ever get it unsealed again.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2012, 06:29:18 AM »

Just making sure that's clear.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2012, 06:34:21 AM »

If an Edo Tensei user is slain while they have zombies in their 'kill-bot' state sealed up, does the former personalities of these zombies resurface, or attempt to follow through with the orders they were originally given, until they've been exhausted of them, and simply remain in a dormant state due to having no orders at all to act upon?

Edit: This being a post-unsealing scenario.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:35:04 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2012, 06:43:03 AM »

If an Edo Tensei user is slain while they have zombies in their 'kill-bot' state sealed up, does the former personalities of these zombies resurface, or attempt to follow through with the orders they were originally given, until they've been exhausted of them, and simply remain in a dormant state due to having no orders at all to act upon?

Edit: This being a post-unsealing scenario.

It's entirely up to summoner if that particular summon retains some of their free-will or they have their personalities erased and are in their kill-mode, however killing the summoner simply won't dispel the Edo Tensei summons.
They will do as they're ordered even if the summoner dies and continue their previous actions.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:45:51 AM by Camel »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2012, 06:51:34 AM »

Should it be ruled then (we only know that if Edo Tensei itself is ended via the required hand seals, the zombies briefly regain their former personalities; all while knowing nothing of what happens when the user is killed without first ending the technique) that as you've mentioned, that the zombies regain their personalities after they've fulfilled their given orders, while still in their kill-bot state.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:50:51 PM by Angra Mainyu »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »

I voted "yes" after looking over the conversation. Ironically that actually caused me to reject Edo Tensei.

My reasons may be unreasonable to some, but here I go. The zombies cannot be killed, near limitless chakra if not limitless, revived in their prime (this is not a gartunee since that old Suna lady was revived as an old lady), and in the case of dead Kage being used, they have the knowledge of their past life which, quite honestly, if someone very creative took advantage of, gives the summoner the perfect teacher for any non-bloodline technique.

On the flip side, I"m aware that they can be sealed away or defeated by soul stealing techniques, their personalities can be wiped, and most people will revive the zombies in their prime anyways. Bocc, imo, handled it very well during the Attack on Konoha, as all he needed was to use two zombies and himself to get the job done: Hide for offensive force, Himself to use susano'o, and Tau [who had his free will btw] to counter my companion's sound genjutsu (btw, whoever it was, Nathan I believe, who says sound genjutsu doesn't travel at the speed of sound, it actually does).

Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself though, as I have seen some summons and people that could almost pass for a few of the above traits. All I would really need is one zombie to do combo attacks with and I'd be golden (only one I would get for that and he aint becoming a zombie anytime soon). My last worry is that someone will indeed ask Bocc or Trev to make them a zombie so that they can go running around in the service of themselves or whatever faction, with Bocc being the only convenient noose to tie them up.

If Bocc chose six great people who would be willing to follow him and made them zombies, he wouldn't need anyone else to defend the village, thus, he wouldn't have need for the popularity to get a huge gathering under his wing as loyal subjects, becuase, seriously, who attacks a village with even two near immortal people guarding it? If you say Bocc, I'll have to point out that both Rares and Yumei were unavailable at the time for their own reasons.   :P

Just my take on the whole matter. Maybe as a custom technique overhaul Nara I'm overestimating the scope that people will actually think to use this technique.  :-?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2012, 01:20:04 PM »

I voted "yes" after looking over the conversation. Ironically that actually caused me to reject Edo Tensei.

My reasons may be unreasonable to some, but here I go. The zombies cannot be killed, near limitless chakra if not limitless, revived in their prime (this is not a gartunee since that old Suna lady was revived as an old lady), and in the case of dead Kage being used, they have the knowledge of their past life which, quite honestly, if someone very creative took advantage of, gives the summoner the perfect teacher for any non-bloodline technique.

On the flip side, I"m aware that they can be sealed away or defeated by soul stealing techniques, their personalities can be wiped, and most people will revive the zombies in their prime anyways. Bocc, imo, handled it very well during the Attack on Konoha, as all he needed was to use two zombies and himself to get the job done: Hide for offensive force, Himself to use susano'o, and Tau [who had his free will btw] to counter my companion's sound genjutsu (btw, whoever it was, Nathan I believe, who says sound genjutsu doesn't travel at the speed of sound, it actually does).

Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself though, as I have seen some summons and people that could almost pass for a few of the above traits. All I would really need is one zombie to do combo attacks with and I'd be golden (only one I would get for that and he aint becoming a zombie anytime soon). My last worry is that someone will indeed ask Bocc or Trev to make them a zombie so that they can go running around in the service of themselves or whatever faction, with Bocc being the only convenient noose to tie them up.

If Bocc chose six great people who would be willing to follow him and made them zombies, he wouldn't need anyone else to defend the village, thus, he wouldn't have need for the popularity to get a huge gathering under his wing as loyal subjects, becuase, seriously, who attacks a village with even two near immortal people guarding it? If you say Bocc, I'll have to point out that both Rares and Yumei were unavailable at the time for their own reasons.   :P

Just my take on the whole matter. Maybe as a custom technique overhaul Nara I'm overestimating the scope that people will actually think to use this technique.  :-?

That was all reasons why I, specifically, shouldn't have Edo Tensei, which not a reason to void the jutsu on all of SL. I hope people don't actually think I'm going to void it if the pole says so. We've already agreed on rules and the forum does not represent everyone on the site anyway. >_> Not to mention there are 17 votes at the time I'm posting now and about 10 people who've commented. Meaning people who, again, are not voting an whether Edo Tensei is voided from SL, but whether Edo Tensei is voided from Bocchiere, in which case they say yes and leave. Can a mod see the people who have voted? As I'm not counting people who didn't post an argument with their vote.

Edit

Eric, you said I did it fine when I attacked Konoha, so this is the argument I'm hearing. "Oh yes, Bocch handled it just fine, but I don't like it anyway, void it." Yeah, bout that. >_>
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:23:28 PM by bocchiere »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »

That was all reasons why I, specifically, shouldn't have Edo Tensei, which not a reason to void the jutsu on all of SL. I hope people don't actually think I'm going to void it if the pole says so. We've already agreed on rules and the forum does not represent everyone on the site anyway. >_> Not to mention there are 17 votes at the time I'm posting now and about 10 people who've commented. Meaning people who, again, are not voting an whether Edo Tensei is voided from SL, but whether Edo Tensei is voided from Bocchiere, in which case they say yes and leave. Can a mod see the people who have voted? As I'm not counting people who didn't post an argument with their vote.

Edit

Eric, you said I did it fine when I attacked Konoha, so this is the argument I'm hearing. "Oh yes, Bocch handled it just fine, but I don't like it anyway, void it." Yeah, bout that. >_>

Bocchiere, if you actually understood what I had intended to say, then you would be taking offense for a different reason than that someone has it out for you. You of all people should know I don't have it out for you.

I've already made my post, but I guess I'll need to elaborate with fewer words. What if some underdog, who has nothing better to do than to tinker around with the mechanics of things, got the technique at some point in the future? Would they not be able to have the greatest minds of SL, in some sense, teach them the greatest techniques of SL?

In fact, grab a sharingan and a zombie and we'll have a training session, you and me; I'll copy any techniques that I can while you perform them endlessly for me. Saying no is a no-no becuase I control you. I'll find a way to get at your bloodline ones too once I evolve to Rinnegan, where I insta-master all of the elements and thus, in theory, can perform any elemental KG.

Granted you can technically do that anyways with Rinnegan if you really look at it, but that's my take on it. Honestly, I have yet to see you do it yet, and I just reasoned it was becuase you either didn't want to abuse it or you didn't realize what you had.

I don't like the technique and I think it should be removed, or limits be imposed on the zombies themselves.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »

I vote no. Because people whine too much about canon OP, when everyone else is ok with custom OP.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2012, 04:50:30 PM »

*Sits munching popcorn hungrily looking at the votes*
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »

I hope people don't actually think I'm going to void it if the pole says so.

So, then you're admitting that it's alright to disregard a majority of players (who bothered to vote) as long as a 'certain few' allow it?

And as for why I voted yes it should be banned; The Zombies are just overpowered.  It doesn't matter WHO uses it, having a zombie with the ability to regenerate endlessly and have infinite chakra is absurd.  If we changed how the zombies themselves worked it would even out, but having the ability to summon even one zombie in a 1v1 fight that has endless chakra is, in my opinion, far too strong.

Maybe keep their immortality, but get rid of their endless chakra.  Because in that situation, as long as the user has a single Zombie up in a 1v1 fight he can outlast his opponent no matter what.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »

Most of you guys want it void cause you claim it is too powerful, yet most have never fought one in SL. You sure it's because it's too overpowered, or you don't want to make an effort or have a challenge. Perfect example is Uetto who used two generic Doton/sealing npcs almost took down a zombie and with more effort and help, probably would have succeeded too. You guys are going on how it can be abused, but really any technique can be used. Someone could easily mark like 100 kunai with hiraishin, seal them up in a scroll and throw them out, creating 100 reusable hiraishin points. Does this mean hiraishin should be banned? As Eric said, the Rinnegan could in theory allow every kg to be used, does this mean it should be banned? I could go on and on with just about any technique and how it can be abused, yet they would remain legit.

Once more,
Void:No
Rules:Yes

Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2012, 10:20:32 PM »

Edo Tensei has always been around, and now people want to void it because someone has been making efficient use of it? This seems a bit biased, since a Rinnegan-user with a biju can easily cause a lot more chaos and destruction than some Edo Tensei zombies. What can be even more destructive than that? Sage Mode user + natural energy gatherers = unlimited supply of senjutsu chakra, which amplifies normal jutsu by a lot.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2012, 10:30:19 PM »

You have to resupply your senjutsu, unless of course you use a certain gimmick, and even then, you have to combine it with your own physical and mental energy, suggesting that there is a limit to how much it can be restored, as only 2/3 of the energy used to power a technique before is coming from you while you are in Sage mode. And I was one of those that wanted Rinnegan gone, but alas, that didn't take off anywhere. xD

And Edo Tensei, like most techniques, has not always been around. To my knowledge, usage before my time was minimal, during my first go round it was minimal to non-existant, and I dunno about my break time. After that break time, the current time, I didn't see it used again in RP until Kabuto brought the jutsu back up in the manga.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2012, 10:46:52 PM »

Also, I don't even know why a poll is being used, as it certainly won't be followed. Not saying that because things aren't going my way, (vote wise) but not everyone who has voted is explaining why, and we'll just gonna run into the same problem with the biju council poll. You can't tell if alts vote or not and people are gonna want to be anonymous like last time. Don't know why were using a system that has proven to be broken and not work.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.