Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 79779 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »

People thought it was unfair, I suppose. It's a couple of pages back, I myself disagree and think it's fine as long as you maintain the 1:1 ratio, meaning only one zombie could be used the entire fight. But others disagree.

Yes, that would mean you take over the position, meaning I can't teach until you die and vice versa. However, not many people agreed or disagreed to this rule (In fact, only Bocc said it and spam happened resulting in a lock) So if anything that rule will likely be modified/removed.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2013, 09:19:56 PM »

Loads of jutsu are unfair. Like you said, as long as the 1:1 ratio works it's fine. I thought this was the point of that ratio bit in the first place. Or that's how Bocc made it seem.

Yay! the one restriction that keeps everyone from playing god removed, lol Quite annoying if you ask me. It only causes more player death if a person is that ambitious. Not to mention it's one of the more powerful of the kinjutsu out there.
Lol I'm hungry.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2013, 02:29:18 AM »

Remembered another rule, Edo Zombies can't host biju.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2013, 05:49:53 AM »

Alright guys, hang in there with me as I'm going to try to summarize the pages of rules before this. I'm likely to miss some, so....blah!

• In order to use the Edo Tensei technique, an deceased rp player's dna must be obtained, and an actual non npc player must be sacrificed. A player's alt may not be used, like Bocc did with some of his accounts before this rule.
  • When fighting an opponent, the Edo user must maintain a 1v1 ratio of zombies to opponents.
  • The maximum amount of zombies ever on the field of battle at one time is six.
  • Edo Tensei zombies may not be used in biju fights. However, like anything else with a biju fight it may be negotiated for, but the default setting is that they're not allowed.
  • To give a zombie an implant, something else must be traded off for it. Ex. I give a zombie a sharingan implant, but he loses the ability to use Mokuton, etc.
  • There is a Teacher-Student rule in place. Meaning, you are allowed to teach a single person. Neither can teach the technique, unless the other dies.
  • If the information is pirated from someone (Ex, Human Path) the person who attains the knowledge takes the spot of the person they robbed it from, and the above rule applies.

This is all I can recall for right now, but I'm sure there is more. Also, some of these rules not many agreed to (Like the last one in the list) because the thread was locked. Any of these rules may be argued against and more may be added, I simply just tried to list the proposed ones.

I have no problems so far including the one about Zombies cannot host bijuus.
However the rules need some re-wording and some modification.

I just have one question to ask everyone and give me your input.
What about using them for the Six Paths technique? :oops:

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2013, 06:20:39 AM »

That sir in my opinion is a tricky question, I suppose the ratio rule stands. It's a little bit tricky, as nobody really uses six paths, so what's accepted with it, is often debatable.

The most opinions I get on Six paths is that all six are allowed to be used, but they maintain no knowledge of prior techniques and only have the rinnegan ability associated with them and the main host may not use the Rinny hacks while they're out. So it's hard to determine if you could use Edo for this, I assume not as it goes against the ratio rule. But, like I said it is hard to judge as there is no standard on the six paths technique.

You accept the student-teacher rule? As I recall you were questioning that, have you ceased? Just curious btw.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »

That sir in my opinion is a tricky question, I suppose the ratio rule stands. It's a little bit tricky, as nobody really uses six paths, so what's accepted with it, is often debatable.

The most opinions I get on Six paths is that all six are allowed to be used, but they maintain no knowledge of prior techniques and only have the rinnegan ability associated with them and the main host may not use the Rinny hacks while they're out. So it's hard to determine if you could use Edo for this, I assume not as it goes against the ratio rule. But, like I said it is hard to judge as there is no standard on the six paths technique.

You accept the student-teacher rule? As I recall you were questioning that, have you ceased? Just curious btw.

The reason I am asking this right now is to prevent people from abusing the Six Paths technique along with implants with Edo Tensei. (Think Obito vs Naruto and Killer B)

As for the Teacher-Student rule...well it's a tricky subject to agree upon because my role on it is, I am it's co-creator alongside with Ryuuji but since he's gone I maintain the Teacher-Student role over him.
So I can teach whomever I want but after reading down the list of users; Hazama, Shinro, Tessuhai Tsuyo, Trev, Naito.
I don't know what their role is on this little rule or where they stand now.
It's tricky because if one user that was taught dies in some sort of situation, the other maintains a full leadership-role over a teacher position.
Another thing if a user somehow leaves vital information regarding that "technique" in a foreign country, who to say that the shinobi/kunoichi forces of that country can't just research into it then reverse engineer their own Edo Tensei Scroll?

So like I said this Teacher-Student rule is a tricky situation for even me to handle it.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2013, 12:36:57 AM »

Well, for six paths if it is allowed to be used, since there Edos, the ratio rules applies, I think.

As for that list and stuff, well this rule is new, meaning it only applies when it was implemented. I'm assuming Ryuuji isn't coming back, so don't look at that as you not being able to teach (Which you don't assume already)

As for the leadership role, don't assume because one is the teacher, they had a leadership role. Just means they taught the technique. Only real perk is not nobody usually teaches for free, so you might haggle something.

As for the Edo list, well.
Kamui-Hazama. That's one role.
Tsuyo-Trev. Another cause of human path rule.
Shinro. By himself. Don't know who taught him.
Naito, talked to Tsuyo about it, not on the list.

As for why it can't be reversed engineered, well it's not allowed with most techniques. For this to be possible, they would have to have a scroll to copy (Mind you, the scroll contains secret seals, likely hard to just guess at) and know how to use Edo and the kata. Very hard feat to do. I mean, I guess it is possible, but it doesn't really apply to things like hiraishin, Jiongu, etc and people generally don't do it.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2013, 01:24:29 AM »

Well, for six paths if it is allowed to be used, since there Edos, the ratio rules applies, I think.

As for that list and stuff, well this rule is new, meaning it only applies when it was implemented. I'm assuming Ryuuji isn't coming back, so don't look at that as you not being able to teach (Which you don't assume already)

As for the leadership role, don't assume because one is the teacher, they had a leadership role. Just means they taught the technique. Only real perk is not nobody usually teaches for free, so you might haggle something.

As for the Edo list, well.
Kamui-Hazama. That's one role.
Tsuyo-Trev. Another cause of human path rule.
Shinro. By himself. Don't know who taught him.
Naito, talked to Tsuyo about it, not on the list.

As for why it can't be reversed engineered, well it's not allowed with most techniques. For this to be possible, they would have to have a scroll to copy (Mind you, the scroll contains secret seals, likely hard to just guess at) and know how to use Edo and the kata. Very hard feat to do. I mean, I guess it is possible, but it doesn't really apply to things like hiraishin, Jiongu, etc and people generally don't do it.

As well, Kyu was taught by Kamui.

Of course this being before the student-teacher rule is being made 'official' here.

But as for student-teacher techniques not being able to be reverse engineered I think for SOME things like the Edo it might be more complicated because of the amount of things needed.  But for things like Hiraishin?  All we've seen that someone needs is the seal and knows how to use it, and given enough studying and whatnot it's completely possible.  I dunno, it seems to me that OOC rules shouldn't dictate the RP.  Like the seal keeping anyone from spilling the beans about Hiraishin was a good way to go about keeping it a secret, and as long as a user didn't go around spamming it and leaving seals everywhere it would remain that way. (And we all know this wasn't the case)

So just like in the manga/show if you're not careful with your secrets, they'll be found out.  I think it adds a bit of restraint to those who use the technique if they know the risk of using the technique too much. 

But that's just my two cents on that particular idea o.O

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2013, 02:03:36 AM »

And I agree, like I said, it would be hard to do with Edo, but not impossible. I'm just saying people don't typically try as there is a load of hate on them. I personally wouldn't mind if someone figured out Edo legitimately.

The only problem I foresee is that being abused. Example being, a Edo user letting his scroll be seen, describing the technique, showing the kata, etc. Basically, I wouldn't want reverse engineering to be a loophole for users to get by the Student-Teacher rule, know what I mean?

As for Kyu, well I assumed because Kamui didn't list him, he voided it. Guess we'll have to wait for him to get on, eh?

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2013, 05:25:33 AM »

Quote from: Trev
The only problem I foresee is that being abused. Example being, a Edo user letting his scroll be seen, describing the technique, showing the kata, etc. Basically, I wouldn't want reverse engineering to be a loophole for users to get by the Student-Teacher rule, know what I mean?

However this little loophole has been exposed already as in case with the Hiraishin and that lead up to a Teacher-Student rule being placed unofficially.
When someone discovers a loophole and monetized on that opportunity well somewhere along the ladder of users of that technique, someone will conveniently place some sort of "rule" to prevent this.
But Darkshinobi said before that these "rules" imposed are unofficial.
It's more of a placement to prevent further abuse of techniques; namely powerful ones.

Quote from: Trev
As for Kyu, well I assumed because Kamui didn't list him, he voided it. Guess we'll have to wait for him to get on, eh?

I never had the time to list Kyu.
I assumed he would do it himself because he has an account to do so.
Never voided anything.
However I'm trying to sort this out since I engaged with Kyu first then Hazama came second since he had to deal with the Kusagakure/Iwagakure situation during our meeting.

Edit: I check the logs between both RP scenarios but mine with Kyu's started around: [05/22 05:47am] and then ended on [05/25 10:24pm].
While Hazama's started [05/15 02:10am] then ended at  [05/22 02:08am].
However I made a re-post to start it up again on [05/24 07:31pm].
My new RP with Hazama ended on [05/25 02:37am].
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:43:12 AM by Camel »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2013, 04:00:13 AM »

So.... Who are you going with for teaching? xD

So basically, the only rules being debated are
  • Teacher-Student 
  • Not being able to use them in biju fights

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2013, 03:34:58 AM »

So.... Who are you going with for teaching? xD

So basically, the only rules being debated are
  • Teacher-Student 
  • Not being able to use them in biju fights

If no one has any quarrels with this choice of mine, I would like Kyu to have my teacher position and Hazama can already keep his "claims". (Kyu will maintain the Teacher-Student position over Hazama)
I'm gonna remove myself from the list of users and place me as an official Edo Tensei NPC/PC.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:31:08 AM by Camel »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2013, 04:29:10 AM »

So that leaves one rule left in debate; Edo Tenseis are not allowed in biju fights. I think it should be treated like any other fight and we can at least use one, like any other situation. We don't block other op jutsu from fights? Thoughts?

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2013, 04:44:03 AM »

So that leaves one rule left in debate; Edo Tenseis are not allowed in biju fights. I think it should be treated like any other fight and we can at least use one, like any other situation. We don't block other op jutsu from fights? Thoughts?

Let's say this if a Jinchuuriki agrees to the usage of the 1:1 user/ET ratio then it really should be treated like any other fight.
I just don't really want to see it abused like Bocchiere used it when he attacked other villages.
The ratio should still apply, since it's indeed fair as "Summons" count towards this ratio.
I don't know if this was mention but Edo Tensei can't host bijuus and that's pretty much it.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2013, 04:47:45 AM »

I suppose, most Jinchuuriki will say no though. But yeah, only one zombie in accordance to the ratio rule. No more.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.