Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 75425 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2013, 08:54:12 PM »

Well, if my Edo got his head Kamui'd off and than sealed, how do I do 25% of that?  Or if he got lite on fire, lotus punched, etc. I just don't see how it would be converted in a fair way (25% of some attacks could still kill someone :/) which is my main reason for disliking this rule.

The mighty Camel dropped the teacher-student rule and nobody else had comments, so that's closed. I'm pretty sure most agree to the ratio rule (Using 3 Edos against one person is hardly a nerf even with chakra reduction, etc) People were arguing between the max amount; 6 or 3 and most are saying 3. But I think the ratio rule is good and fair and should be included.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:55:40 PM by Trev »
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2013, 09:02:33 PM »

@Purps & Trev:
Yeah I can see where you guys are getting at.  Probably giving the damage sustained an exact % isn't the best idea.  How about this instead?

- Limit Edo Tensei to only 3 summonings per battle
- Only one Edo Summoning can be used per bijuu battle
- 15% of chakra should be the cost for each summoning and permanently lost for the duration that the Edo is active.  So summoning the max of 3 zombies equals a loss of 45% of the summoner's total chakra pool.  Only when an Edo is sealed or un-summoned is when the user can start recovering the lost 15% for that summon.
- If an Edo summoning is sealed or captured, the user takes on some of the damage the Edo Tensei received.  It's up to the integrity of the summoner to decide how much damage is transfered back.
- As long as Edo Tensei is being used, the user can only use defensive moves.  And these defensive moves can't be used in the motions of an attack.
- Alts & NPCs are not allowed to become Edo Tensei. You also can't trade alts with a friend for Edo Tensei zombies.  (If you can't trade sharingan eyes with friends anymore for the EMS you shouldn't be able to to trade Alts with friends to create mutual Edo Tensei.)
- 1:1 Ratio rule.  You can only summon as many Edo Tensei as there are opponents.  3 is the max.
- Teacher-Student rule.

I do like the idea of sustaining damage since it'll force the summoners to not use their Edo Tensei haphazardly and also force the summoners to put in more thought about how to use their zombies.  Yes you can technically have an indestructible juggernaut who can reform after getting blasted in the face with a bijuu ball (exaggeration), but that won't come without some sort of repercussion.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:07:15 PM by Zojin »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #272 on: June 07, 2013, 12:54:14 AM »

I agree with everything Zojin just summed up except for the damage part. You should know that your zombies can be sealed away or killed by soul removal techniques and you then lose them for good, I don't see the point of adding this. How is it done even? Is it all the damage the zombie took?  If it got stabbed 50 times do you take 10 stab wounds worth of damage? Personally I just think this is unneeded.

A question though, I do agree with the permanent chakra loss during the fight, BUT how does it work for things like jinchuriki? If I have the 8 tails and use 45% of my own chakra to summon my three zombies well yippy skippy I still have 80 peoples worth of chakra to draw on. Same thing for Jiongu depending on how you claim that works. You either have up to 4 seperate chakra pools and in that case it is the same problem as a jinchuriki or the hearts just give you ONE MASSIVE chakra pool, and in that case people who kill 4 kage level people are gonna go "Ok 55% of my chakra pool is still at least 100% of yours."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:55:31 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 09, 2013, 04:05:58 AM »

People with a bijuu can't make Edo's and can't command any? >>;
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #274 on: June 09, 2013, 04:52:14 AM »

This is what we are going to end up doing to this jutsu at this rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pOkZIay0J00#t=61s

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 09, 2013, 08:41:34 PM »

No >>

I once again agree with Rakudo. There is no real way to determine how much damage would be taken. Plus if we want to get rid of loopholes, "It's up to the integrity of the summoner to decide how much damage is transfered back" should not be used as a policy. The rule is good on paper, but I don't see how it could be used and thus am still against it.

I'm all for the other rules, though the chakra consumption rule might get tricky with those who have an outside source of chakra (biju, Jiongu, etc)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 11, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »

No >>

I once again agree with Rakudo. There is no real way to determine how much damage would be taken. Plus if we want to get rid of loopholes, "It's up to the integrity of the summoner to decide how much damage is transfered back" should not be used as a policy. The rule is good on paper, but I don't see how it could be used and thus am still against it.

I'm all for the other rules, though the chakra consumption rule might get tricky with those who have an outside source of chakra (biju, Jiongu, etc)

As for chakra consumption, there really is no trick to it from what I've read, unless you don't intend on putting numbers on how much chakra you have from the get-go. xD 

And damage reflection to user doesn't seem all that sensible. Why not just have the zombie have to regenerate a certain amount of turns each time depending on how much of an injury it would have taken? A jutsu that takes off your head, for example, would take more turns to regenerate than if just a hand was removed.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2013, 01:49:02 AM »

Sacrificing 15% of one's chakra pool to summon an immortal zombie with an unlimited amount of chakra seems more like a huge perk than a con. Might as well make it 25% per, as well as requiring a good amount of concentration to simply control the zombies themselves. Hashirama was able to freely move himself around, even with Oro trying to control him with the empowerment of his own genes.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2013, 06:44:15 PM »

As for the concentration, that is easily looped around. Simply put a talisman in the zombie and they shut up, even the mighty Hashirama.

Eric's idea seems more plausible, rather than the user taking damage. Could work something like
Minor wounds: 1 turn
Moderate to serious wounds: 2 turns
Normally fatal: 3 turns.

^Not a suggested system, just an example of how Eric's rule would work.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2013, 09:52:21 PM »

As for the concentration, that is easily looped around. Simply put a talisman in the zombie and they shut up, even the mighty Hashirama.

Eric's idea seems more plausible, rather than the user taking damage. Could work something like
Minor wounds: 1 turn
Moderate to serious wounds: 2 turns
Normally fatal: 3 turns.

^Not a suggested system, just an example of how Eric's rule would work.
That's the thing though. If the revived isn't your average shinobi, then they would be harder to control and keep still before you could set the talisman in the first place.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2013, 10:40:42 PM »

If you are so worried about the zombie turning on you, why not just put them on auto from the get-go, or implant the talisman right after completion of the technique itself (prior to storage, but after the sacrifice has been made and such).

Of course, there are loopholes to loop around those as well, such as the emotional state of the zombie reflecting their ability to be controlled. And as for regeneration:

"Minor" (some scratches or bruises, nothing too bad) - no turn needed

"Minor Moderate" (broken limbs or cuts that would cause bleeding, more than a paper cut, no bleedout danger however) 1 turn

"Moderate" (Loss of a hand, foot, or similar appendages, getting run through by the average sword or getting smashed by certain levels of taijutsu) 2 turns

"Minor serious" (Loss of a limb, serious run throughs with swords of ninja swordsmen size, 'knockout' blows such as hidden lotus) 3 turns

"Serious" (Death were they still alive) 3-4 turns

"You just got your life knocked out!" (Complete obliteration, such as when Madara brought down the meteors, or dust release victim) 4-5 turns.

Just suggestions.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2013, 11:06:06 PM »

If you are so worried about the zombie turning on you, why not just put them on auto from the get-go, or implant the talisman right after completion of the technique itself (prior to storage, but after the sacrifice has been made and such).

Oh, I do. Not worried about that, just simply stated that a concentration rule is mostly useless due to talisman or being put on auto pilot (Even Hashirama was caught in part one)

Anyway, I liked Eric's rule much better than the user damage one (Makes more sense and is easily applied to Sl.)

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2013, 12:01:31 AM »

Oh, I do. Not worried about that, just simply stated that a concentration rule is mostly useless due to talisman or being put on auto pilot (Even Hashirama was caught in part one)

Anyway, I liked Eric's rule much better than the user damage one (Makes more sense and is easily applied to Sl.)
Hashirama and Tobirama weren't even revived at full power in part 1, so that's why Oro was able to restrain them so easily. The only control that the summoner has at first is simply to restrain their movements, if they're even powerful enough to. It's after the talismans were inserted that the summoner has control over their summons.

Though in part 2 when the two were revived again, they were almost at their full power. And even then, there was noticeable trouble with controlling them without talismans. Tobirama would have gone off to the battlefield right away if it weren't for Oro taking over a Zetsu clone and having Senju cells. But even then, Hashirama was able to break totally free of his control and was only staying because he simply wanted to.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2013, 12:08:39 AM »

What's this full power thing you are talking about? When Oro revived them in part 1 they were under full control, he rose them up and then put the tags in them. In part two they are under Kabuto's partial control so they can talk to Sasuke, which is weaker, hence why Hashi could resist it. Since I voided my fight with Hazama I'm not going to have Edo Tensei any time soon but I am still interested in this.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 13, 2013, 12:28:05 AM »

What's this full power thing you are talking about? When Oro revived them in part 1 they were under full control, he rose them up and then put the tags in them. In part two they are under Kabuto's partial control so they can talk to Sasuke, which is weaker, hence why Hashi could resist it. Since I voided my fight with Hazama I'm not going to have Edo Tensei any time soon but I am still interested in this.

Part 1
http://www.mangapanda.com/93-123-1/naruto/chapter-118.html

Part 2
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/620/3
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.