Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 75331 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #345 on: July 04, 2013, 05:10:06 AM »

Valid point. I think that is posted somewhere way back. Though, I'm a little lenient. Since he had those resets, before Senju was required, I'd say IC, Kamui has GM Uchiha, and I'd allow him the Deva and Naraka path as well. I'd also say he is a Senju (Retroposting if you will) but no Mokuton.

If we can make an exception for hyouton users, why not Kamui? Beyond that though, I cannot be any lenient and this is my opinion alone.

It's not really the same as someone just resetting for Ice or Byakugan. I think me an Luka are like the only ones that rule benefits. Kamui got killed, and he is now getting to rp as an indestructible Edo Tensei with infinite chakra. I think that should weigh out the ability to not gain more KG. That's just me though.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 04, 2013, 08:47:20 AM »

What does leveling, in-game bloodlines have to do with rp again?   :-x

If Rakudo got killed and I Edo Tensei'd him, does that mean that he doesn't have Bakuton because there isn't such in-game bloodline? Is that how you guys want to play this game?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:51:04 AM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »

What does leveling, in-game bloodlines have to do with rp again?   :-x

If Rakudo got killed and I Edo Tensei'd him, does that mean that he doesn't have Bakuton because there isn't such in-game bloodline? Is that how you guys want to play this game?

Like it or not that is actually how a vast majority of people want to play this game, yes.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 04, 2013, 09:54:45 PM »

I thought this topic was about Edo Tensei? Am I in the wrong place?  :oops:

Any reason why a Edo Tensei zombie can't use Splitting Technique?
I saw it happen with the Second Tsuchikage but his powers were greatly reduced and he couldn't even defend himself against higher-classes of jutsus much less a Rasengan. (Which almost everyone on SL has these days)

Also from the recent chapters, I was thinking instead of twenty percent, I was more for twenty-five since that was the original costs to maintain it.
For Bunshins well...I only limit myself to one or two at the most in a IC fight or event so I don't see why we just put a limit of only one bunshin per battle and they have to share the posting order respectively. (Attack, Defensive and Supplementary)

Example;
Zojin tosses a few shruikens my way and uses Kage Shuriken no Jutsu to multiply them into hundreds of projectiles, while I on the other hand form the necessary seal to make a Kage Bunshin which would serve as a Human Shield while the original makes it escape from the onslaught.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:55:21 PM by Camel »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #349 on: July 04, 2013, 09:59:33 PM »

I think Zojin just added Splitting Technique to the list on her own, I don't have a problem with that one. Even with one bunshin like that though someone could still go "I make a bunshin and it does Chibaku Tensei. Next turn I do my own Chibaku Tensei." With the infinite chakra I think it's unneeded.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 04, 2013, 10:08:06 PM »

Clones are indeed unnecessary. Also, I have no problem with the splitting technique, but I think the tax rate should remain 20%

:cry: So close to getting this closed, close, but no cigar.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 04, 2013, 10:36:29 PM »

I think Zojin just added Splitting Technique to the list on her own, I don't have a problem with that one. Even with one bunshin like that though someone could still go "I make a bunshin and it does Chibaku Tensei. Next turn I do my own Chibaku Tensei." With the infinite chakra I think it's unneeded.

As much as I like to go about it with using Bunshins to use Six Paths techniques well it wouldn't be technically possible considering it's a Deva Path technique and the original would have to be the one to use it.
The only way this possible if by using the Six Paths Technique on individual bodies so they have have each access to a specific path.
The only problem with it is that it would require a lot of chakra and concretion to maintain them.
Not to mention you would need the Gedo Mazo's chakras receivers to even maintain them over such vast distances.
I recall Nagato was at the point of being malnourished and weakened that he couldn't walk on his own due to using the Six Paths Technique with the Gedo Mazo's chakras receivers.

Clones are indeed unnecessary. Also, I have no problem with the splitting technique, but I think the tax rate should remain 20%

:cry: So close to getting this closed, close, but no cigar.

If the chakra taxing rate is at twenty percent well...the max limit that any user could make when it comes to Edo Tensei is Four zombies.
Some of the users on the site maintain more then this however so...it's up to guys to discuss that.
Because I believe that anymore then that and you would be out of chakras which would lead to an untimely death. (20+20+20+20+20=100)

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »

The limit is three zombies, we know 20x3 is not 100. Nagato was shriveled and such from him using the Gedo Mazo's giant soul eating dragons to kill all those rain ninja and ROOT ANBU, not from the 6 Paths Technique. What are you talking about though? If you made a shadow clone you could both go use Shinra Tensei or Chibaku Tensei.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2013, 11:15:37 PM »

Part of the reason that the Splitting Technique was probably considered out of the picture was the nature of SL zone fights. I'm sure at least three people RP themselves stronger than the Kage in the series.

Other than that, I think the splitting technique had been decided against because it had been easier to just exclude it along with the other varients of cloning, rather than have exceptions pop up here and there. Besides, who wants a zombie splitting on them the second someone wants to seal 'em?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2013, 11:35:52 PM »

The limit is three zombies, we know 20x3 is not 100. Nagato was shriveled and such from him using the Gedo Mazo's giant soul eating dragons to kill all those rain ninja and ROOT ANBU, not from the 6 Paths Technique. What are you talking about though? If you made a shadow clone you could both go use Shinra Tensei or Chibaku Tensei.

I forgot to mention that incident but due to "that" along with making use of the Six Paths of Pain Technique, well... he became emaciated and weakened to the point that it was actually slowly killing him to use any technique associated with the Rinnegan. (I won't mention how his legs got crippled because everyone knows how by now.)
The reason I said why you can't use Rinnegan techniques with Bunshins is because the execution of the techniques are that powerful and it would require alot of chakra to prepare so certainly, that would be out of a bunshin's league. (Think Deva Path; Chibaku Tensei or Asura Path)
I really think it's highly illogical to use Kage Bunshin or any Tajuu Bunshin when you can't even divide by infinity.
So I have no problem with either limiting it or forbidding it entirely.

Quote from: Eric
Part of the reason that the Splitting Technique was probably considered out of the picture was the nature of SL zone fights. I'm sure at least three people RP themselves stronger than the Kage in the series.

Other than that, I think the splitting technique had been decided against because it had been easier to just exclude it along with the other variants of cloning, rather than have exceptions pop up here and there. Besides, who wants a zombie splitting on them the second someone wants to seal 'em?

Well according to the rules no Bunshin of any solid form is allowed but what about those that don't have a solid form? Such as Mizu Bunshin, they disperse into water/mist after being attacked and are only limited to certain Suiton Techniques.
Heck! Might as well add Kawarimi no Jutsu to the list since a zombie has infinite chakra and could easily spam it in the right situation.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »

Mizu bunshin is included, as that is a physical clone. The non-physical clone is the acad level, illusionary clone technique that has no physical substance to it. The same one Sakura used during the Chunin Exams.

And Substitution Technique hasn't been added to the list since while it can be spammed (and would be frowned upon) the line has to be drawn at some point. While it could be spammed every single attack, even an ordinary shinobi could spam that (literally, it's been done before) and still technically be legit.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2013, 12:17:20 AM »

Nagato had his legs damaged by Hanzo and the Dragons emaciated him, the 6 Paths didn't do anything. He literally shriveled up as soon as he used the soul eating dragons, if the Rinnegan was killing him he would have been dead. He looked the same when he met Naruto as he did after massacring all those ninja with the Mazo. Madara made, what was it, 25 Moku bunshins? I think it was like 5 for each Kage, and had them all do Susano'o. Are you suggesting that Madara's chakra pool was large enough to divide that many times and then spam Susano'o?

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2013, 02:19:38 AM »

Nagato had his legs damaged by Hanzo and the Dragons emaciated him, the 6 Paths didn't do anything. He literally shriveled up as soon as he used the soul eating dragons, if the Rinnegan was killing him he would have been dead. He looked the same when he met Naruto as he did after massacring all those ninja with the Mazo. Madara made, what was it, 25 Moku bunshins? I think it was like 5 for each Kage, and had them all do Susano'o. Are you suggesting that Madara's chakra pool was large enough to divide that many times and then spam Susano'o?

In his fit of rage over Yahiko's sacrifice, Nagato made use of the Gedo Mazo that was given to him by Obito and summoned those Dragon-like entities.
The chakra rods that protruded from the Mazo's body accounted for his emaciation, he just got crippled from an attack by Hanzo.  :roll:

I recall that the Rinnegan's techniques are quite chakra taxing since the usage of Chibaku Tensei cause some extreme stress to Nagato and the same applied to his grand-scale Shinra Tensei.
It's common knowledge that if you completely run out of chakra, you basically fall over and just die.

Madara is irreverent. Why? Because the guy is an immortal zombie at the moment and not mention he had a large enough chakra pool to take on Hashirama with his Susano'o-clad Kyuubi when he was alive (Due to the power-up given by Izuna).

So far, I review everything and came to a conclusion that I will abide by the non-combatant and combat rules regarding Edo Tensei.
Anyone else have any quarrel with the new rules?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2013, 02:40:10 AM »

Nope, I agree to the new set of rules in place.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2013, 02:49:17 AM »

In his fit of rage over Yahiko's sacrifice, Nagato made use of the Gedo Mazo that was given to him by Obito and summoned those Dragon-like entities.
The chakra rods that protruded from the Mazo's body accounted for his emaciation, he just got crippled from an attack by Hanzo.  :roll:

I recall that the Rinnegan's techniques are quite chakra taxing since the usage of Chibaku Tensei cause some extreme stress to Nagato and the same applied to his grand-scale Shinra Tensei.
It's common knowledge that if you completely run out of chakra, you basically fall over and just die.

Madara is irreverent. Why? Because the guy is an immortal zombie at the moment and not mention he had a large enough chakra pool to take on Hashirama with his Susano'o-clad Kyuubi when he was alive (Due to the power-up given by Izuna).

So far, I review everything and came to a conclusion that I will abide by the non-combatant and combat rules regarding Edo Tensei.
Anyone else have any quarrel with the new rules?

I don't know why you just repeated what I said and added an eye roll at the end of it but ok. I'm thinking the fact that the Grand Shinra Tensei was big enough to knock over and village and that Chibaku Tensei makes a small planetoid is why they take a lot of chakra, because they are massive, not because they are Rinnegan techniques. The Asura Path laser that bowls over a city block probably takes a lot too, but because it's large. If all of the Rinnegan techniques are chakra taxing at any level then being an Uzumaki must give you bijuu levels of chakra.

You mentioned not being able to divide infinite chakra by anything which is why I asked if you thought Madara just had enough chakra normally to do that. You argue strangely sir. Anyway, I think we are set.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.