Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 72495 times)

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
Official rules of Edo Tensei
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:30:22 AM »

- Name: Kuchiyose: Edo Tensei
- Type: Forbidden
- Effect: Edo Tensei is a Ninjutsu technique which had been forbidden because of its dark nature. The technique involves the summoning of dead souls from the afterlife back into the real world. Normally Kuchiyose (summoning) involves the use of the caster's blood as compensation for summoning, Edo Tensei is different though. Also, the resurrected soul will be able to utilize all abilities, including their bloodline powers, they possessed prior to their death.

To perform this technique, the user must first acquire some of the DNA of the person they intend to reincarnate. The soul of the intended reincarnated must also reside in the pure world (浄土, jōdo); those whose soul has been consumed by the Death God (or sealed for that matter), for example, cannot be reincarnated. Next, a living sacrifice is required for the soul of the reincarnated to use as a vessel. Once all prerequisites for the technique have been met, the acquired DNA of the person is smeared on a special scroll and once the scroll is activated, the remains spread out in the form of a special seal with the living sacrifice in the centre. Then dust and ash encase the sacrifice's body, giving them the same appearance that the reincarnated had at the time of their death. One final act will fully wipe out their conscious and make them under the command of the one who summoned them. The ninja will place a fuda (charm/tag) of some form into the head of the body. This will then give vitality back to the body and make it a pure killing machine. The person is then reincarnated and the end product is usually stored in a casket until summoned by the user. When the ninja wishes to recall the souls, a portal will open in the ground and the caskets holding the bodies will appear. The user can theoretically reincarnate a limitless number of people in this way, so long as they have enough sacrifices, chakra and DNA to perform the technique.

Note:
- When a portion of the dead body is damaged, the ash and dust will merely return and fix the damaged body part.
- Unlike while they were still alive, the reincarnated have unlimited chakra as well as seemingly near-unlimited stamina and can fight continuously.
- It should be noted that the reincarnated are still vulnerable to any technique that could affect them while they were alive, but they are able to reform as soon as they receive any damage. Furthermore, while the reincarnated can't be destroyed and feel no pain which originates from bodily harm or mutilation, they are still vulnerable to the drawbacks from their own techniques or weaknesses.

Drawbacks:
- It takes more effort to retain control with the weaker binding which can make it possible for the hearts of the summoned to be swayed by strong emotions, which can result in the soul breaking free and returning to the Pure World, or the reincarnated contradicting orders that they are given. Reincarnated shinobi with their personalities still intact have their movements limited to certain actions, and are basically on "auto-pilot" to react to enemy techniques. Once they recognize an enemy technique their bodies are programmed to counter it with an appropriate method.
-  The reincarnated individual can be sealed away.
- If the summoner ends the technique—which means that he/she had form the katas “Rat”, “Ox”, “Monkey”, “Tiger”, “Dragon”, “Boar”, and then saying "kai"—the reincarnated soul will return to the Pure World.
- The technique can be partially combated by immobilizing the bodies in a way that it cannot move, act, or be recalled by the summoner.
- A certain powerful genjutsu can free the reincarnated person from the technique's control by giving them an order overwriting the user's control.  This can be remedied if the user can place a new talisman into the said reincarnated person, thus reestablishing control.
- If the resurrected soul knows the seals that can release Edo Tensei’s summoning contract, then they could break the bond they have with the summoner. This leaves the individual effectively immortal with an unlimited amount of chakra, and the summoner has no control over the individual's mind and movements any longer, nor can the technique be deactivated on the said individual.

Limitations & Rules:
- To use Edo Tensei in Shinobi Legends without the technique being too OP, a SL account must be sacrificed and act as a vessel for the reincarnated. If an IC player’s account is used as a sacrifice, that player will henceforth be considered dead. Note that all accounts used as a vessel, MUST have “Reanimated” somewhere in their title. Also, the name of the Resurrected needs to be somewhere in the account’s name or title.  This rule is very important so everyone in Shinobi Legends could keep track of your Edo Tensei puppets.

Example: Reanimated Kristin, the Huntress

- Those using Edo Tensei MUST have all the names of their resurrected somewhere in their biography.

- The resurrected CANNOT be someone else’s character that has or has had an SL account. The reincarnated MUST be your alternative characters; just any other character YOU had own and is no longer alive.

- If the user wishes to resurrect a soul, they MUST travel to the soul’s birthplace, and MUST conduct an rp investigation for 5 days. If the soul’s birthplace cannot be found in SL’s village system, Jiseigakure can be used instead. During those days, the user must investigate publicly and try any means to obtain the DNA of the target. After rping for 5 days, the user can start the ritual of Edo Tensei in a zone. If the user doesn’t resurrect their target in a zone, which can be viewed by everyone, then that reincarnation WILL be void in RP. 

- Interesting enough whilst the deceased is under the technique, their will is to their own according until the summoner states their 'trigger' seal to completely wipe the deceased personality and make it a mindless fighting puppet.

- To summon a resurrected soul in battle, the user must render ¼ of their own chakras to keep the summoning bound to this world.  The reincarnated MUST shared your action-limit per post, which is 1 attack, 1 defense, and 1 supplementary effect.

- To keep order and tradition, the limit of resurrected individuals in battle will be 3. The number of resurrected souls outside battle, however, can be limitless as long as the user follows the rules.

- Using the Edo Tensei summon for the vessel of a Bijuu is prohibited and any of the Bijuu's chakras that the Summon had obtain in their past life before death is NOT allowed.

Users of Edo Tensei:
- Kamui
- Ryuuji
- Shinro
- Bocchiere
- Trev
- Tsuyo

If you feel like you were excluded, message me via pms.

These rules and regulations were established in the Edo Tensei organization years ago. If any user of the Edo Tensei is unwilling to follow each rule, that person will be considered a God-mod.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:20:47 AM by Camel »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

cmage

• View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:44:28 AM »

Biggest loophole ever, make an alt for the IC vessel needed "sacrificing Academy Student _____ to resurrect Some Godly Player who quit" and boom you have an Edo Tensei. Likewise, if the account that is being resurrected could be fake or unknown due to lack of RP/interaction with others on SL and there is no way to disprove their existence due to the deleted account.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 04:54:12 AM »

The investigation rule and family claim is, for lack of a better word, moronic.

Shinro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:10:11 AM »

Thanks for the input. Indeed the old system had flaws. I suppose I'll change the rules of Edo Tensei to the ones that I had mentioned a few months ago, somewhere in the forums.

@Bocchiere: Your claim over Kamui is permitted and it's the only exception to the rules.

Edit: Found it. I changed a few sections, and the rules are now to be followed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:16:23 AM by Shinro »
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:13:43 AM »

So you can't even resurrect and enslave someone you've killed in battle? :O Not my business here but that seems a little bit off.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 05:15:19 AM »

So you can't even resurrect and enslave someone you've killed in battle? :O Not my business here but that seems a little bit off.

It seems to defeat the point of the jutsu when you need to bargain with every living family member to be able to use them.

edit

As for the "must have them in your bio" I have mine on the wiki, on the Edo Tensei page, so that should suffice.

edit

to be perfectly honest there is nothing wrong with Kamui's rules, we should just use those.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:17:15 AM by bocchiere »

Shinro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 05:25:18 AM »

@Rare: This ninpou is too OP from the start. The only benefits you get from this jutsu in battle will be the multiple elements, different KG powers, and constant immortal, body-shields.

@Bocchiere: Kamui's "unofficial" rules had too many flaws. From now on, he's going to follow the rules that I've made months ago. And what Wiki? Do you mean that Naruto-fan one that Nashley introduced to SL?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:32:10 AM by Shinro »
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 05:28:19 AM »

Yes to your question.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »

I understand that but some parts are just meh. xP Oh well, I bet this way no one will ever complain about it being too much. But it's like limiting kamui to functioning only if the victim is motionless for 10 seconds. xD But yeah, this is not really my business, me getting involved here would be somewhat like protesting about the politics going on in other villages.

But just for the record, here would be what I mainly disagree to:

As long as you have a fraction of their dna and someone to sacrifice (and you are the one that killed them?) it should work.

Permission from every family member? That just seems plain silly.

I do agree with the turn limitations on edo-tensei not functioning like on clones or summons merely cause it's a whole other level. But yeah, other than the two above mentioned I agree with everything.

I fully understand the the jutsu NEEDS to be leveled down, but TOO much in that direction doesn't seem good either.

I can partially understand the non-player part though, people are bound to god-mod the shizz out of sl to come back somehow by their character and this will create contradictions such as a zombie also being alive and well simultaneously. This way there's less modding on the behalf of sturdy victims and less contradiction.

But yeah, not saying this SHOULD be done or this SHOULD NOT. Merely sharing my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:42:06 PM by Uchiha, Rares »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »

"...To summon a resurrected soul in battle, the user must render ¼ of their own chakras to keep the summoning bound to this world.  The reincarnated MUST shared your action-limit per post, which is 1 attack, 1 defense, and 1 supplementary effect.

- To keep order and tradition, the limit of resurrected individuals in battle will be 3. The number of resurrected souls outside battle, however, can be limitless as long as the user follows the rules..."
~Shinro, Rules of Edo Tensei

A quarter of your chakra? You mean, regardless of how much chakra you may have, a whole quarter of it is going towards to maintaining the summons during battle? That would connect it to the limited number of resurrected individuals in battle to 3, and thus mean that the two rules are inter-related! :D

Limiting the resurrected to your own action and posts makes sense, since you usually are either controlling it or yourself, and to have it otherwise would be nigh unbearable. But what if multiple ones are summoned? Can only one of them make a move at a time?

I'm getting this, I think... But a quarter of your chakra regardless of any chakra enhancers?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 04:41:05 PM »

Well duh, there a bunch of chakra enhancements that can make your chakra shoot up to the skies, that way you'd end up with people going for Kabuto-like armies.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 04:42:02 PM »

Well duh, there a bunch of chakra enhancements that can make your chakra shoot up to the skies, that way you'd end up with people going for Kabuto-like armies.

*whistles innocently*

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 05:17:17 PM »

@Rare: This ninpou is too OP from the start. The only benefits you get from this jutsu in battle will be the multiple elements, different KG powers, and constant immortal, body-shields.

@Bocchiere: Kamui's "unofficial" rules had too many flaws. From now on, he's going to follow the rules that I've made months ago. And what Wiki? Do you mean that Naruto-fan one that Nashley introduced to SL?

Also I would like to state that my guide-lines were some-what incomplete in a way.
I was in quite a hurry to complete them so that the list of current users could used the Edo Tensei more freely without being limited in Role-play but I suspected it would get abused like in the manga with armies plaguing the land, so a change was needed.
Shinro's combined of my own with his newly established guide-lines makes it now complete.
So I fully support these new rules and the changes will be implemented, no exceptions.

@Bocchiere
You do know that my left eye was useless after the usage of Izanami, correct?
So this brings up the a question totally unrelated to the topic, if my right eye is transplanted within your socket giving you access to EMS then a Two-Path Rinnegan.
Then what is contained within your left eye socket? Your own? Someone else?
Because if so then you just lose usage of Kamui and/or Jikudan Ido since my right eye only contained the ocular ninjutsu; Amaterasu.
To clarify this, a Uchiha can only have one ocular Ninjutsu, Genjutsu and finally Susano'o depending on the order of the powers that were unlocked.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »

Actually some share my personal belief. That being that if per say you obtain EMS the result is: the techniques of both pairs. Now this isn't backed with much accuracy but we can deduct it's feasibility from the fact that the pattern development of such is the combination between the two eyes rather than the new set only.

At this time there is no more than that to provide us with proof on this hypothesis being either right or wrong, and it will likely stay that way for a while given that the only case of which we know the victim's technique as well is Sasuke, which had identical techniques to those of his brother to begin with.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »

I have another Sharingan in that eye. I say the limit should be 3 for normal, plus 1 for every reset over 3 Paths, I want my 6 Paths of Pain zombies.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.