Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 73821 times)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2012, 04:59:26 AM »

The majority of SL has to agree on it which is why Madara's reverse thing was voided because the majority of SL agreed it was way too OP.

By majority do you mean the entire clan of Konohagakure no Sato? I hate to be blunt but I haven't seen anything be brought up about any of Uchiha Madara's jutsu within the Village Square.

Edit: Even though I am not particular happy with those that make Edo Tensei a toy be traded around with, my vote still stands firm.
A line must be drawn and I say voiding anything that is canon to the series is that very line.

Actually, it was talked about in the MHQ when the chapter came out and multiple agreed that it was OP.

Still...I can go into the Mission HQ and tell everyone that the Rinnegan is too OP on account of the Six Paths Technique associated with it not too mention each and every of the Path's unique abilities.
From there I can reach a consensus that would count as a majority even though if only a few individuals had their say in it, higher ranked or not.
The village square is a much better place to reach a consensus on such topics like this.

And, that's why this is being discussed here.

I voted Ney. At first before voting I read some of your remarks on such and in just my opinion it seems you guys are mostly hating the player not the technique. >__>
So far Bocc is the only one I've seen really use it (Trev was later unclaimed as an edo tensei) so the 'abuse' really means he is abusing it. This made me wonder if the tech was never given to Bocc that this convo or thought would never come into play as I feel there are far more OP moves that are allowed; human path abilities right then and there, and more.

Though although I agree the Jashin has gone head over heels with the technique still doesn't mean it should get voided it is a legitimate technique after all. It doesn't make sense to take into effect the Manga/Anime relation with SL to be so literal. I would understand if per-say Edo Tensei wasn't an actual technique and it had been custom made, for it to be voided though it does exist.

The technique shouldn't get voided because of him. I personally see this alternate revival a great method, though used as an alternate revival for a character not just to build up an army for 1 sided fights. If anything is to be done a restriction on the techniques powers should be made to reduce the OPness

I actually find the technique to be too OP and not because Bocc' uses it.

Hell no! Why, cause I use it!

All joking a side, Edo Tensei does not need to be void from SL, however it needs to be nerfed, or rather rules made for it. I don't count Pete's rules, cause some of it's silly and numerous loopholes exist within it. If we start this void on cannon jutsu, well then get ready, cause a whole arsenal of OP techniques are gonna get thrown under the bus. No cannon jutsu should be voided, though for game sake, some should be nerfed in order to create a certain level of fairness. When first getting Edo Tensei, I mentioned to Kamui that the rules need to be updated.

Edo Tensei doesn't need to be obliterated from SL, just needs a good nerf and rules. Hell, I think even Hiraishin has some sort of Teacher-student rule from what Tsuyo tells me. But if this does somehow get voided, then lets address all the other OP things on SL:
Hiraishin
Village barriers
Sound Genjutsu
Lightning Armor
Rinnegan
Jinton
Mokuton
Etc

With all these things to pick from, yet Edo Tensei is chosen? Why? Cause you have a problem with the main user (Bocc), as Edo Tensei was used long before he got it, yet no problems.

Obviously this is a general statement and should not be used to describe everyone's reason, just my opinion on the matter.

Void:No
Rules:Yes

Three people know it.
Village Barriers are custom.
Sound Genjutsu doesn't move at the speed of sound so I don't see how you think it's OP.
Lol, no.
It's OP but it's a forest KG.
It's fine as long as that's the only thing people claim.
Forest KG.

Like I already said, I am not voiding it because of Bocc'. I am voiding it because I have always found it OP but I've been too lazy to do something about it. Regardless of such, if it gets nerfed to, like, one or two zombies and the user can't fight if they have two out instead of one, then I'll accept it regardless of what the poll says unless people really want it to be voided. Albeit, it doesn't seem like that's the case.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2012, 05:00:02 AM »

Uetto, I coud kiss you right now for your wise words!  ;)

How about these (for starters):
  • There can only be a maximum of six zombies active, all others can only be summoned when another 'position' has become available.
  • Those whose soul has been sealed away in an item or eaten cannot be summoned.
  • Those who have previously been used as (Edo-)zombies cannot be used/reincarnated again (just to prevent re-usage of alts and the sort).
  • Can only be used in open-RP, generally restricting them from usage in official 1 v 1 duels (i.e. Bijuu battles; too much of a disadvantage).
  • Bijuu cannot be sealed inside of the zombies, even if they were previously jinchuuriki (it'd lead to too much drama in bijuu battles and the sort).

Anything else?

Forgot the obvious one, a PLAYER character is needed in the sacrifice. No npc. Meaning one Edo tensei = 2 lives

Don't know how I feel about the 1 v 1 rule,  obliged to agree only in the case of biju battles.

Yes, that rule.

I mentioned 'official duels' (bijuu battles being one of these cases), not necessarily unofficial ones such as casual spars and the sort.

As for the zombie limit, 6 is the absolute maximum. If there's however, less defenders than there are zombies, in the scenario of a village invasion, then the zombie-quantity should be properly adjusted.

Edit: And Nathan, there are more (active) players who know Hiraishin.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:02:44 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2012, 05:00:28 AM »

I had someone come with me, Kayenta banshee screeched her away. Kage was on my side too, I bring people when I can but I like Edo because it lets me do my village attacks which, lets be honest, is nearly unique to me at this point. With Edo it can be just me and it moves things along a lot faster then if I brought 6 people from Iwa.

edit

Thanks for the compliment too, Kirk.

edit@ Yumei alt #2

I'm also ok with making it a rule I cannot outnumber people if there are less then 6 defenders.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:02:53 AM by bocchiere »

Styx

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2012, 05:03:45 AM »

How about these (for starters):
  • There can only be a maximum of six zombies active, all others can only be summoned when another 'position' has become available.

Still feel 6 is to many. 2-3 is plenty they are immortal and never run out of chakra. Plus I think it should be taken into consideration that one shouldn't spam their post with to many turns in one post. Like Bocc said about is zombies before it isn't fair that he only gets two turns a post cause that leaves his other zombies undefended... therefor simple solution limit it to 2 zombies and the user so it isn't spamming.

As I said all 6 is for village attacks only, and I spread the attacks more than fairly, I don't believe I have ever attacked somebody with two zombies at the same time even.

Feels that Bocchie has a point 6 zombies village only and It keeps activity going which is harder to find these days, but other fight I think 2-3 should be the limit like Uetto was saying but for Bijuu fights maybe 1 or 2.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2012, 05:06:07 AM »

I meant to put 'like' three users. Also, the picture of yours, Bocc', is pretty funny. Almost as funny as Hidan meets a dinosaur. XD

Any who, like I said the limit should be, like, two. Six is too many. If any thing five should be the maximum.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2012, 05:07:00 AM »

So could it be thought that one may not use a number of zombies that outnumbers their opponent? And I said in the beginning all sacrifices should be done with real player none alts.

The main reason I said 2-3 is because I feel on Iwa's behalf (maybe not my place to but oh well) that they should strive to get a few more active members to join in on Bocc's doing and it not be a one man village that is all.

@Bocc: I give credit where I see it due.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2012, 05:08:01 AM »

I meant to put 'like' three users. Also, the picture of yours, Bocc', is pretty funny. Almost as funny as Hidan meets a dinosaur. XD

Any who, like I said the limit should be, like, two. Six is too many. If any thing five should be the maximum.

This is what makes me feel like the limit is gonna be arbitrary at best ^ "Let's have like, 2, or 3, or 5." Just give me my 6 zombies, I have a good thing going.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2012, 05:09:43 AM »

This is what makes me feel like the limit is gonna be arbitrary at best ^ "Let's have like, 2, or 3, or 5." Just give me my 6 zombies, I have a good thing going.

Are some of your zombies not from yoru own alts? I may be wrong but I think so. I mean you have 2 Kage level Zombies & Tau.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2012, 05:10:55 AM »

What about nerfs to the technique? As I recall the old rules had a 25% chakra tax. Though that was silly, as no matter the user it was 25% and could be avoided by summoning your zombies once and have them always out, while your chakra recovers. Any suggestions? Perhaps make the technique cost little chakran and replace it with a new nerf?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:12:58 AM by Trev »
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2012, 05:12:21 AM »

The limit can be six in village attacks but not in one on one fights. However, where are you going to find six people to sacrifice? As for Bijuu fights, no edos.

Edit: As for a chakra limit, I say 10% to summon them and your chakra is constantly zapped away as long as you have them out. So, every three or four turns you lose 5% chakra for each zombie you have out. Is that good or should the turn limit be higher?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:14:11 AM by Nathan »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:55 AM »

So far:
  • Only deceased players can be used. Their DNA must also have been procured by the user of Edo Tensei.
  • Those whose soul has been sealed away in an item or eaten cannot be reanimated.
  • Those who have previously been used as (Edo-)zombies cannot be used/reanimated again (just to prevent re-usage of alts and the sort).
  • Can only be used in open-RP, generally restricting them from usage in official 1 v 1 duels (i.e. Bijuu battles; too much of a disadvantage).
  • In the case where the Edo Tensei user is attacking a village, they must limit their usable zombie count (from a maximum of 6) according to the number of defenders.
  • Bijuu cannot be sealed inside of the zombies, even if they were previously jinchuuriki (it'd lead to too much drama in bijuu battles and the sort).

As for a chakra-dependent nerf, why not make it for each zombie active on the battlefield, a certain amount of Edo Tensei's user's chakra is depleted per post? Say 1-5% per zombie? While summoning them costs what, 10-20% of the user's chakra?
A little too much?

Styx

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2012, 05:14:25 AM »

What about nerfs to the technique? As I recall the old rules had a 25% chakra tax. Though that was silly, as no matter the user it was 25% and could be avoided by summoning your zombies once and have they always out, while your chakra recovers. Any suggestions? Perhaps make the technique cost little chakran and replace it with a new nerf?
Nerf it like the more zombies you have the higher possibly they go on their own and not under the users control like Itachi did in the Manga.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2012, 05:16:01 AM »

The limit can be six in village attacks but not in one on one fights. However, where are you going to find six people to sacrifice? As for Bijuu fights, no edos.

I think they should be used in 1 v 1 fights (Excluding biju fights) Say, so and so challenges me when I'm on route to a village (Hence not a village fight) Shouldn't I be allowed to use Edo Tensei? Six people to sacrifice could be anyone, as long as they are player characters, and not alts.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2012, 05:17:22 AM »

Are some of your zombies not from yoru own alts? I may be wrong but I think so. I mean you have 2 Kage level Zombies & Tau.

Yes, half my force, if we want to make it a rule no alts from now on I will follow it but I'm not going to kill off half my army and all the characters I actually like. Just like the Rinnegan revelation stuff, people like Luka did not get screwed and told he cannot have Rinnegan ever. Let's be honest, I have 2 others kages that I killed, I could get a few more if I wanted to and replace them with equally powerful people, so why bother?

@ Nathan
I've been selling Jiongu for living bodies, I have at least 6 remaining after reviving my 6, I don't know for sure since my lap top and the list was lost to me, but 6 is a conservative estimate, certainly under the actual number.

@ Yumei
Doing anything with the chakra is pointless, I summon Tau, he summons two snakes, one on him and one on me, chakra transfer jutsu. My chakra goes up forever.

@Styx
Itachi used Kotoamatsukami on himself, and yeah, that could break the control here too.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2012, 05:19:53 AM »

I think they should be used in 1 v 1 fights (Excluding biju fights) Say, so and so challenges me when I'm on route to a village (Hence not a village fight) Shouldn't I be allowed to use Edo Tensei? Six people to sacrifice could be anyone, as long as they are player characters, and not alts.

I meant in one on one fights you can't use six zombies. Lower the number to, like, four or something.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 15 queries.