Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 73366 times)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2012, 12:19:12 AM »

Also, I don't even know why a poll is being used, as it certainly won't be followed. Not saying that because things aren't going my way, (vote wise) but not everyone who has voted is explaining why, and we'll just gonna run into the same problem with the biju council poll. You can't tell if alts vote or not and people are gonna want to be anonymous like last time. Don't know why were using a system that has proven to be broken and not work.

Two things:

1. The poll, as of now, is useless because I already agreed that I'd ignore if a better rule system was created.

2. I wasn't counting the person's vote if they didn't post that they voted. Doing it this way somewhat eliminates the alt thing.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2012, 12:24:41 AM »

Yes Edo Tensei was always around,yet Edo Tensei is ,or rather was kinda of a plot no jutsu, like so many other things. Yes i vote for yes void it 'Cause i dislike it. There is no reason why i can't do that,right? XD

Furthermore do we have enough people to even enforce the 'rules' on the players. Bocchiere doesn't even listen to the mods ? XD Well sometimes.
Or Admin...

And there will always another 'genius' who will simply claim it,or even get it and spam us with zombies or something else.

However i kinda think that instead of voiding technique,we should think of a proper loose plot line for proper  working rp . XD but this is just  my thoughts....so yeah up to you ,whether you read that all,or not.

Renji Nakara

• Anyone for a snowball fight?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2012, 12:41:34 AM »

Must I really give a reason for my vote to void it?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2012, 02:47:21 AM »

I hope people don't actually think I'm going to void it if the pole says so.

So, then you're admitting that it's alright to disregard a majority of players (who bothered to vote) as long as a 'certain few' allow it?

And as for why I voted yes it should be banned; The Zombies are just overpowered.  It doesn't matter WHO uses it, having a zombie with the ability to regenerate endlessly and have infinite chakra is absurd.  If we changed how the zombies themselves worked it would even out, but having the ability to summon even one zombie in a 1v1 fight that has endless chakra is, in my opinion, far too strong.

Maybe keep their immortality, but get rid of their endless chakra.  Because in that situation, as long as the user has a single Zombie up in a 1v1 fight he can outlast his opponent no matter what.

What the bias? Suddenly, nonsense from left field! Anyway, glad to see people who matter are reasonable. See what happens when we actually talk? Anyone before now arguing to me on SL about SL has just gone "Zombies OP, Infinite Chakra OP, Ooga Booga." Great argument there. Yet here come people with their logic and reasonable requests and I've agreed to every proposed rule at this point. Let's see if I remember everything.
#1 Six is the absolute maximum out at any given time, more may be owned but one must switch out zombies once the cap is reached.

#2 If a zombie is defeated, aka, the bound soul is separated from the body, that zombie is fallen, and that soul can never be bound again by Edo Tensei.

#3 One may not revive their alts (anymore >_>)

#4 A living sacrifice of another PC (player character) must be used to perform the Edo Tensei ritual.

#5 There is a 1:1 ratio requirement for zombies being summoned in relation to opponents present, ie, if I attack Konoha and three defenders come out I can summon, at most, three zombies. Though this begs the question of what happens if someone drops out, am I forced to unsummon one?

#6 It was either no not ever in bijuu fights or never more than one zombie, I'd argue for the only one, it's one of my jutsu, I should be able to use it in an official fight.

#7 The teacher/student rule is in place for Edo Tensei. The user may teach one person Edo Tensei, and may not teach anyone else so long as the first student is alive. The student him/herself may not teach anyone Edo Tensei so long as their teacher is alive.

Now Bocchi's ideas for rules

#8 There are three levels of control possible for zombies, Oro style, the personality of the summoned is entirely suppressed, making them mindless fighting machines that automatically react to being attacked. Kabuto style, the personality of the opponent is semi-bound, this forces them to use the tactics they had in life and allows them to be an more effective fighter, the downside is that the looser control allows the soul to be released if the summoned gains emotional closure. In addition their voice cannot be controlled unless tighter control is activated, allowing them to speak as they please. Free Style, the personality of the zombie is not bound at all, allowing them to do as they please unless the summoner forces direct control upon them (this is what I do for my revived allies and it would allow to people to easily rp as Edo Tensei zombies)

#9 Zombies can be altered after being summoned, in ways such as implanted eyes or DNA. If an assimilated part is outside the body, such as Earth Grudge Fear's thread creatures, then they will not regenerate damage. If they are inside, such as DNA or eyes then they will. (I base this on the fact that Kabuto enhanced Madara with more of Hashirama's DNA, and Madara was obliterated several times, never resulting in a mass of pulpy flesh falling on the ground, or more realistically, Madara missing pieces upon regenerating)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:52:35 AM by bocchiere »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2012, 03:12:41 AM »

1. The poll, as of now, is useless because I already agreed that I'd ignore if a better rule system was created.

So what was the point of creating the poll in the first place then, when asking of everyone's opinions would have served you nigh the same purpose?

And seeing as how it is a loss cause to throw the jutsu out at this point by the way things are going, I'm going to have to +1 the "no limitless chakra" suggestion.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2012, 03:22:03 AM »

#5 There is a 1:1 ratio requirement for zombies being summoned in relation to opponents present, ie, if I attack Konoha and three defenders come out I can summon, at most, three zombies. Though this begs the question of what happens if someone drops out, am I forced to unsummon one?

That, or simply relocate the zombie elsewhere, preferably away from the conflict where other characters participating can't interact with it.

#6 It was either no not ever in bijuu fights or never more than one zombie, I'd argue for the only one, it's one of my jutsu, I should be able to use it in an official fight.

Unless you're the one being challenged, or the challenged-jinchuuriki allows it, then no. It's all a matter of negotiation-flow; challengers can be asked to drop jutsu and in some cases even the challenged for the duration of the battle.

Now Bocchi's ideas for rules

#8 There are three levels of control possible for zombies, Oro style, the personality of the summoned is entirely suppressed, making them mindless fighting machines that automatically react to being attacked. Kabuto style, the personality of the opponent is semi-bound, this forces them to use the tactics they had in life and allows them to be an more effective fighter, the downside is that the looser control allows the soul to be released if the summoned gains emotional closure. In addition their voice cannot be controlled unless tighter control is activated, allowing them to speak as they please. Free Style, the personality of the zombie is not bound at all, allowing them to do as they please unless the summoner forces direct control upon them (this is what I do for my revived allies and it would allow to people to easily rp as Edo Tensei zombies)

Sounds fine.

#9 Zombies can be altered after being summoned, in ways such as implanted eyes or DNA. If an assimilated part is outside the body, such as Earth Grudge Fear's thread creatures, then they will not regenerate damage. If they are inside, such as DNA or eyes then they will. (I base this on the fact that Kabuto enhanced Madara with more of Hashirama's DNA, and Madara was obliterated several times, never resulting in a mass of pulpy flesh falling on the ground, or more realistically, Madara missing pieces upon regenerating)

They should only be implanted DNA (I'm not referring to eyes) that they naturally have, so no implanting Hashirama's cells into a zombie that doesn't originally possess them in order to grant it Mokuton, or Kaguya DNA into one to grant it Shikotsumyaku. Hence really, you'd only be enhancing the DNA the zombies (or rather, the characters used themselves) already possessed when they were reanimated.

Edit: These are just my opinions, nothing official.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:53:46 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2012, 03:28:44 AM »

@Eric There is no reason to remove the bottomless chakra, unless you want to irritate me. It one of Edo's primary features and with things like the Preta Path being as abundant as it is chakra is kind of a non-issue. I am open to the idea of making rules for Edo Tensei, not neutering it.

@Yumei, I agree, they cannot gain KG through DNA, like Mokuton, didn't mean to infer that if you thought I did.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2012, 04:52:55 AM »

So what was the point of creating the poll in the first place then, when asking of everyone's opinions would have served you nigh the same purpose?

And seeing as how it is a loss cause to throw the jutsu out at this point by the way things are going, I'm going to have to +1 the "no limitless chakra" suggestion.

My original intention was to void it depending on the poll but, out of the people who actually posted that they voted, they all wanted a rule change rather than a void. Majority rules in this case.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2012, 04:57:39 AM »

Like I said if we place limitations on how the zombies are used, number wise, then they loss their OPness honestly. I mean you all keep saying they have endless chakra 'WELL' how often in major fights on SL does one run out of chakra cause I haven't seen it lately, two the keep coming back... that one is the best as it makes it more of a challenge.

The only true issue on the zombies was spamming a turn but with the number of zombies limited to use then no spamming... it is only truly OP when you use them to make it a 6 vs 1 fight.
With rules at play the jutsu is very well legit, period. Plus OPness isn't what wins fights it is rp skills... Bocc could have ten zombies if you can rp your ass off it still does him no good (note: not saying you can't rp Bocc just making a point)

Honestly, people need to stop trying to rely on making other people's character weaker and start relying on rp skills once again.  I mean do you all want everyone to be equal? Communist >.>

And if this jutsu is void then there are many other canon jutsu that need to get voided, and SL should start to use a tribute system so no unfairness is done... I have created countless systems for forums as well as countless banned jutsu list......... So why don't we just turn SL into a forum sense that failed once before?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2012, 05:22:14 AM »

I think we can agree that voiding it is off the table, so I want to open the discussion to rules people think need to be added, or changes to the ones we have so far.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2012, 05:35:08 AM »

I still say the limit to zombies should be 2-4, just me though.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2012, 05:40:44 AM »

Update:
    • Only deceased players can be used. Their DNA must also have been procured by the user of Edo Tensei.
    • There can only be a maximum of six zombies active, all others can only be summoned when another 'position' has become available.
    • Those whose soul has been sealed away in an item or devoured cannot be reanimated.
    • Those who have previously been used as (Edo-)zombies cannot be used/reanimated again (just to prevent re-usage of alts and the sort).
    • Can only be used in open-RP, generally restricting them from usage in official 1 v 1 duels (i.e. Bijuu battles (can be negotiated); too much of a disadvantage).
    • In the case where the Edo Tensei user is attacking a village, they must limit their usable zombie count (from a maximum of 6) according to the number of defenders.
    • Bijuu cannot be sealed inside of the zombies, even if they were previously jinchuuriki (it'd lead to too much drama in bijuu battles and the sort).
    • There are three levels of control possible for zombies, Oro style, the personality of the summoned is entirely suppressed, making them mindless fighting machines that automatically react to being attacked. Kabuto style, the personality of the opponent is semi-bound, this forces them to use the tactics they had in life and allows them to be an more effective fighter, the downside is that the looser control allows the soul to be released if the summoned gains emotional closure. In addition their voice cannot be controlled unless tighter control is activated, allowing them to speak as they please. Free Style, the personality of the zombie is not bound at all, allowing them to do as they please unless the summoner forces direct control upon them (this is what I do for my revived allies and it would allow to people to easily rp as Edo Tensei zombies).
    • Zombies can be altered after being summoned, in ways such as implanted eyes or DNA (restricted to DNA they already possess, simply to enhance their passive abilities/effects). If an assimilated part is outside the body, such as Earth Grudge Fear's thread creatures, then they will not regenerate damage. If they are inside, such as DNA or eyes then they will.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:42:30 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2012, 06:23:48 AM »

There we are. Bring on more ideas.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2012, 08:24:24 PM »

I don't totally agree that one should be able to enhance the zombies in anyway.  They should be limited to the skills they had when they where alive. It opens up to much opportunity for spamming such things like an implanted Sharingan that causes a major chakra drain. Plus it should be the goal of the Edo user to obtain powerful shinobi for their collection where on the other hand they could kill some random person bring them back slap a set of MS eyes in the thing and spam the dojutsu. I know that it was shown in the manga that you can implant eyes into the zombies, but I think it shouldn't be allowed rp wise.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2012, 08:49:53 PM »

I don't totally agree that one should be able to enhance the zombies in anyway.  They should be limited to the skills they had when they where alive. It opens up to much opportunity for spamming such things like an implanted Sharingan that causes a major chakra drain. Plus it should be the goal of the Edo user to obtain powerful shinobi for their collection where on the other hand they could kill some random person bring them back slap a set of MS eyes in the thing and spam the dojutsu. I know that it was shown in the manga that you can implant eyes into the zombies, but I think it shouldn't be allowed rp wise.

That means you couldn't make them Paths of Pain though. Only someone who had Honored Member resets can use mangekyo anyway. So if I want to give them 3 tomoe eyes I should be able to. Again, if I have dozens of spare eyes i should be able to put them to use.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.