Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 73511 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #315 on: June 30, 2013, 10:43:14 PM »

Well, we see the effects of shadow cloning with Edo Tensei. Madara did it, and the five kage were able to dispatch his clones (at a high price, maybe, but dispatched nonetheless) while they barely got the original close to being sealed.

Hashirama's clone apparently was pathetically weak if Madara's complaint is to be believed, so the cloning process when involving Edo's seems to have some sort of detriment to it, especially the more that are used.

Ok so something undefined might be happening. Also, didn't Onoki just vaporize all the clones with Jinton?

I reviewed that portion of the fight, and it was actually a massive ninjutsu-based counter-attack that took down the clones, including Dust release in ita combination attack used against Madara as a whole, but yes, the dust release is what actually took down the clones.. Madara had already shown that dust release can be absorbed with the Rinnegan, so I find it confusing that Madara's clones, as a group, were not able to stop the technique.

Maybe it is more a rinnegan limitation than an edo tensei one? I'm not entirely sure on this one.

Or since Madara has been shown to give not a single camel about defending himself he just let the clones get destroyed. He can always make more.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 01, 2013, 02:25:14 AM »

So, clone limit for Edos, yes, no, maybe, so?
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2013, 05:39:57 AM »

So, clone limit for Edos, yes, no, maybe, so?

Yes, I'd honestly say no clones. It defeats the point of limiting the amount to three zombies if they could all even make one clone with infinite chakra.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2013, 07:45:22 AM »

I still once again disagree >>

I think 15% is fine, considering we already have so many rules (Perhaps meet in the middle at 20?)

As for the concentration rule, I mean I guess it could get added, but 99% of people are going to treat their Edos as npcs, and just place a talisman in them to get total control. So I guess it can be added, but I don't think it will effect much.
I'm still pushing 25%, since there are so many perks to having just one indestructible and regenerative immortal with an unlimited supply of chakra. Any Edo with the Deva Path could destroy an entire village without any hindrance to themselves at all.

And the concentration rule covers that the owner of the original character can RP their revived character attempt to, or simply break free of Edo Tensei's original non-talisman-originated hold.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2013, 08:30:23 AM »

Meh, I guess when losing clones doesn't cost you... I agree wit no clones, just to be on the safe side.   8)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »

Meh, I guess when losing clones doesn't cost you... I agree wit no clones, just to be on the safe side.   8)

Yeah, Hazama tried to abuse the hell out of them too. *zombie makes a dozen clones, I destroy them all, zombies makes 13 clones* I'm sure it would have gone on from there.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2013, 07:53:21 PM »

I'll agree on no clones. Eric, and Rakudo, any thoughts on Kage's suggestion? Since you guys are like the only other ones here. My opinion was already voiced.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2013, 11:04:17 PM »

Making an updated list with everything we've discussed so far.  Can someone tell me which teacher is connected with which student?  This is what I understand so far:

===========
Current Student-Teacher Bonds:
Tsuyo ----- Trev
Kamui ----- Kyu Mizushima
Shinro ----- Ryūji?
_____ ----- Hazama

Former/Deceased Users:
Bocchiere (Replaced by Tsuyo)
===========

Trev, did you teach Hazama ET?

Also, I say that starting now, anyone who has had ET stolen from them or has died (quit) but then were revived will be unable to perform Edo Tensei.  Basically once a person is "replaced" by another in the above teacher-student list, the former user will not be able to perform ET until they get themselves on the list again.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:05:43 PM by Zojin »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2013, 11:15:34 PM »

No, Kamui taught Hazama, and had Kyu pirated it from him.

Tsuyo----Trev
Kyu-----Hazama (Incapacitated)
I believe Shinro says he just claimed it himself, or something. A long time ago, and Ryuji is gone. So Shinro, is open to teach.

Former members: Bocchiere, Kamui. Both had it pirated, thus cannot use Edo Tensei anymore. Though regarding this, I did have a note. Should we from this point onward, consider anyone that dies, as losing Edo Tensei?

I bring this up, as say I die in battle. With me dead, Tsuyo decides to teach someone, since a slot opened up. But, what if I get brought back to life? Would I still fall into that role, or start my own, etc. This is why I think once you die, starting now, even if you get brought back, you forget Edo Tensei. So, kinda what Zojin was getting at, I think.

As for what has be discussed, these are the listed rules, once more.

- Limit Edo Tensei to only 3 summonings per battle
- Only one Edo Summoning can be used per bijuu battle
- 15% of chakra should be the cost for each summoning and permanently lost for the duration that the Edo is active.  So summoning the max of 3 zombies equals a loss of 45% of the summoner's total chakra pool.  Only when an Edo is sealed or un-summoned is when the user can start recovering the lost 15% for that summon.
- Regeneration Rule
- As long as Edo Tensei is being used, the user can only use defensive moves.  And these defensive moves can't be used in the motions of an attack.
- Alts & NPCs are not allowed to become Edo Tensei. You also can't trade alts with a friend for Edo Tensei zombies.  (If you can't trade sharingan eyes with friends anymore for the EMS you shouldn't be able to to trade Alts with friends to create mutual Edo Tensei.)
- 1:1 Ratio rule.  You can only summon as many Edo Tensei as there are opponents.  3 is the max.
- Teacher-Student rule.
- They cannot host biju

Things being debated are, Should Edos be allowed to use Shadow Clones, Edos shouldn't be allowed to use the Chakra Transfer Technique, whether released Edos should still subtract chakra from the summoner, and Kage suggest a control rule and making the summoning fee 25%.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:22:34 PM by Trev »

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2013, 11:30:56 PM »

ET cannot perform Kage Bunshin (or other "solid" clone technique) and Splitting Technique.  They also cannot use techniques which transfers their chakra to another.

I think meeting in the middle at 20% is fair enough.  With a total of 3 active zombies, the user is down to 40% of their life force from the start.

Writing up the rules now.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 03, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »

Alright guys, lets just get this done.  What do you think so far?  I'm still compiling all the "combat" rules, though I think listed all of the "non-combat" rules.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7768.0.html

Also, lets make this the official Edo Tensei Discussion Thread or something instead of having people post in the thread I just made.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 03, 2013, 01:10:25 AM »

I'm fine with all of that. Also, thanks for listing everything, really appreciate it! Since I'm fine, if nobody else has any other suggestions and they agree this is fine, I think we can finally be done.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 03, 2013, 03:18:48 AM »

I'm fine with all of that. Also, thanks for listing everything, really appreciate it! Since I'm fine, if nobody else has any other suggestions and they agree this is fine, I think we can finally be done.

And then we can all go outside and play hopscotch!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 03, 2013, 05:06:51 AM »

I would rather push for 25%, but as someone who has never used a revival technique like that before, I am standing down on further wing clipping. My favorite class was destroyed in a different game due to whiners.

So I agree with 20%, and totally okay with the notations that Kage made.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 03, 2013, 11:01:13 PM »

Okay so, Zojin.  Kamui no longer has le Edo Tensei.  And me and Hazama were tied in the teacher/student rule.

However some weird things have been coming to me lately, such as..Zekkō Zō saying that Kamui told him that he would take Hazama's place.  He says that he has a scroll...though I don't know from where.  Rakudo also stated that he is waiting until he can human path Hazama's remains to actually HAVE the Edo Tensei (this is after killing Hazama in their Bijuu match).

So uh....yeah.  I have no idea what's going on with all of that. 
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.