Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kawarimi no jutsu  (Read 6221 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Kawarimi no jutsu
« on: August 25, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »

Can this just stop being used? Seriously? From what I understand this technique has you shunshin and grab something right before you are hit, and you have to do hand signs. So you can't substitute while tied up, or if you can't make hand signs for any other reason. Sharingan should also be able to see through it, the wiki just says it is an optical illusion. So I should know if you substituted with something and I should even be able to stop you since I can see where you are moving. Anyway, posting this because, can we get a handle on what this move does? Just thinking about this being used by people makes my stomach do loops. Anyone wondering why I brought this up now is that I noticed god mod heading toward one of my rp's and it reminded me of this. So how exactly does this work?

cmage

• View Profile
Re: Kawarimi no jutsu
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 11:54:43 PM »

No  Kawarimi = No Izanagi = No Jikukan Ido
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 01:42:59 AM »

I don't see what you're complaining about again...it's a supplementary jutsu that's taught at the Shinobi Academy, what's next, we void Shunshin no Jutsu altogether?

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 01:49:40 AM »

I acknowledge the jutsu, there's nothing wrong with it actually. Abusing it continously is another story.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 01:53:27 AM »

I acknowledge the jutsu, there's nothing wrong with it actually. Abusing it continously is another story.

*Ignores the first two trolling comments* That was the idea I was getting at. I wanted to get a concrete definition down and when it would and would not work.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 02:09:33 AM »

*wasn't actually trolling but calling it how he saw it*  :roll:

Also I don't recall that anyone within the entire series using Sharingan to "see" through a Kawarimi when it's listed as a supplementary jutsu not genjutsu as you previously stated.
Most you could do is copy, most unique Kawarimis that people use on here by analyzing the hand seals and the jutsu's execution.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 02:12:41 AM »

Also I don't recall that anyone within the entire series using Sharingan to "see" through a Kawarimi when it's listed as a supplementary jutsu not genjutsu as you previously stated.
Most you could do is copy, most unique Kawarimis that people use on here by analyzing the hand seals and the jutsu's execution.

It says on the wiki you use an optical illusion to disguise the switch, so what does that mean?

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 02:29:11 AM »

It says on the wiki you use an optical illusion to disguise the switch, so what does that mean?

I guess it means you can layer a genjutsu over another ninjutsu to disguise it's appearance and fool those around except those who are adept with Doujutsu.
I recall that some chuunin proctors did this to hide the room number where the written test for the chuunin exams would occur.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 02:36:22 AM »

I guess it means you can layer a genjutsu over another ninjutsu to disguise it's appearance and fool those around except those who are adept with Doujutsu.
I recall that some chuunin proctors did this to hide the room number where the written test for the chuunin exams would occur.

So then I could see them trying to Kawarimi, like I said.

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 02:53:00 AM »

By optical illusion, it only really means it makes the attacker continue to think they successfully hit their target, where in reality, they haven't.

Even a user with a canon dōjutsu won't be able to sense the switch, that is what the technique was made for. Who would make a useless technique like that if the opponent could still see/track the user...

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 02:56:46 AM »

By optical illusion, it only really means it makes the attacker continue to think they successfully hit their target, where in reality, they haven't.

Even a user with a canon dōjutsu won't be able to sense the switch, that is what the technique was made for. Who would make a useless technique like that if the opponent could still see/track the user...

If they aren't literally moving and grabbing something then it is a space time ninjutsu, which it is not.

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 03:01:12 AM »

If anything, it relates more to summoning jutsu than space time. The simple fact is, the user is only substituting his/her body with an inanimate object, which both exist in the real world, not an alternate dimension.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 03:21:45 AM »

If anything, it relates more to summoning jutsu than space time. The simple fact is, the user is only substituting his/her body with an inanimate object, which both exist in the real world, not an alternate dimension.

So why can you just summon whatever the camel?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:30:31 AM by Camel »

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 03:50:05 AM »

Well that part of the technique has always been BROKEN.

Like I said earlier, limitations...

Edit: Also, if I can recall correctly, the substitution has to be switched with an inanimate object in the vicinity.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:52:41 AM by Chika »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 04:11:17 AM »

Well that part of the technique has always been BROKEN.

Like I said earlier, limitations...

Edit: Also, if I can recall correctly, the substitution has to be switched with an inanimate object in the vicinity.

That's one part I'd like to get set in stone, what is the range limit?  10 feet around you in all directions?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.