Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ok so we're clear on a few things  (Read 11328 times)

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
Ok so we're clear on a few things
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »

First order of business is something that i thought to be the case but i'm not perfect so i can be wrong. What i'm referring to is village wide sustained jutsu that affect the entire villages RP. My understanding was that the only ones that had the power to put village wide jutsu, barriers seals or whatever into play that could affect everyone entering the village was only the kages themselves. Why? Because coming with the rank of official village kage that would dictate that the kage can do so as defensive measures for their village and they've been acknowledged as having been given the backing of the majority of the village in question as being kage. Again i could be wrong, but please chime in people so we can get this cleared up as this is what i thought was always the case.
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Ok so we're clear on a few things
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 02:10:31 AM »

If it's rp, I don't see why, if I can bring up barriers and sustain them then, why I should not be able to? I am not claiming them to be invincible, there are ways through and around barriers.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:13:55 AM »

If you read my statement you'd understand why I even asked. For clarification lol

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 07:38:14 AM »

What about if a group of powerful shinobi in combination set up something for the village, but with the permission from the kage? A kage would naturally be assumed to be able to pull off some powerful stuff, but would a group of stronger people together be able to put something together since it would be not just a single person carrying the burden of putting it up?

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 02:59:05 PM »

The question isn't about ability. One person with an Edo Tensei army could undoubtedly perform such a task. I'm talking about something for an extended period of time that affects the rest of the villages RP. I'm asking if it's accepted, not if it's possible. I know the kages have the authority to do such a thing as they are acknowledged as having authority over other people's RP. If the kage in power gave authority to somebody to do such a thing it'd probably fall under the same thing as the kage is the one who gave the authority

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »

I shouldn't need anyone's permission to erect a barrier anymore than I need it to attack the village to begin with. That's the way I see it anyway.

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 01:58:08 AM »

I'd be fine with a ruling along the lines of only detection barriers can be put up unless there is a attack or something along those lines. Strictly speaking Konoha had to know that eventually Akatsuki would attack the village to get to Naruto so why not put up a barrier permanently?
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 04:42:00 AM »

I'd be fine with a ruling along the lines of only detection barriers can be put up unless there is a attack or something along those lines. Strictly speaking Konoha had to know that eventually Akatsuki would attack the village to get to Naruto so why not put up a barrier permanently?

Because putting up something like the 36 Layered Barrier around Konoha would be essentially declaring martial law? The shinobi would be stopping the people living in Konoha from coming and going as they pleased. Of course that would be fine if the village was currently being ruled by someone evil like, say, a Jashinist. >_>

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »

Because putting up something like the 36 Layered Barrier around Konoha would be essentially declaring martial law? The shinobi would be stopping the people living in Konoha from coming and going as they pleased. Of course that would be fine if the village was currently being ruled by someone evil like, say, a Jashinist. >_>

I think the issue that's been raised with you and  your attack is you ignored the villages defenses when you attacked. But that's beside the point i'm asking here

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 11:39:11 PM »

Are you asking if it is accepted for a 'Kage to put up a permanent barrier around their village, or if it's accepted for only the 'Kage to do such and not any one else regardless if they have the power or not.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 02:25:06 AM »

I certainly did not ignore the defenses, I broke them.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »

@ Nathan, the latter.

@Bocchiere, according to the fine citizens of Iwa you didn't break them. You ignored them.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 09:46:39 PM »

@ Nathan, the latter.

@Bocchiere, according to the fine citizens of Iwa you didn't break them. You ignored them.

Well they are liars. I used Barrier Shatter to take their one barrier down.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 03:39:28 AM »

If I am not mistaken; in order to use the "Barrier Shatter" technique you would need a team of four shinobi to lend you the chakras needed to execute it.
Edo Tensei, however are excluded since you also have to pay a chakra cost to maintain them which would kind of not make sense to even use in conjunction with Barrier Shatter.
I really need to go re-watch Shippuden Episode 144 since that technique debuted on there, before I am certain with my decision.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 06:01:42 AM »

If I am not mistaken; in order to use the "Barrier Shatter" technique you would need a team of four shinobi to lend you the chakras needed to execute it.
Edo Tensei, however are excluded since you also have to pay a chakra cost to maintain them which would kind of not make sense to even use in conjunction with Barrier Shatter.
I really need to go re-watch Shippuden Episode 144 since that technique debuted on there, before I am certain with my decision.

Unless the chakra drain from having them active, which does not seem to be much since Kabuto did dozens for days (trademarked), is greater than or equal to the INFINITE chakra the zombies have, that doesn't make sense. Not that it matters in regards to Iwa since that's all long over with and was accepted when it happened to begin with.

edit* If it matters, a zombie was the lead one breaking the barrier anyway. So I wouldn't think one would need to funnel someone with bottomless chakra more chakra to begin with, though I did anyway.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:03:52 AM by bocchiere »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.