Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Solider Pills  (Read 5220 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Solider Pills
« on: November 22, 2012, 04:23:10 AM »

I'm getting a little annoyed by people going *eats a solider pill, has full chakra* shouldn't there be some downside to, you know, doing drugs? Why not just have it like the forest where it's like a steroid instead of restoring chakra?

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Solider Pills
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »

During the Jonin exams I moderated my own usage of them mostly by taking some time for them to fully work. Course near the end, not as much as this became that, but not having them be an insta-effect restoration is usually a decent way to keep its usage "fair".
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Rations_Pill

Well the item does what it says, which is to replenish one's chakra but not on the extent of doing so instantaneously.
Also it's too my knowledge that in-game items have no correlation to items within the manga/anime...

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 01:32:32 AM »

It doesn't really make sense that something like that could restore chakra anyway >.> it's a drug. I think what makes sense is that is increasing your physical energy, it's an energy booster, and that is half of what is used to make chakra, but you still could become mentally exhausted and run out of chakra.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »

The only thing that remotely resembles a drug with the bad side-effects that you are looking for is the coloured pills from the Akimichi clan which are used for calorie control...
But from what I've seen in the anime/vidya games...the most a shinobi has on his person is about three ration pills, maybe four give or take.
Also don't forget there are also other pills which increase/decrease blood flow.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 06:48:35 AM »

Run low on blood? Get a blood pill and wrap up your wound lol.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Renji Nakara

• Anyone for a snowball fight?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 12:46:23 AM »

Am I the only person that actually had my character get addicted to chakra pills, or in other words soldier pills? It's a pill, take too much or so and you get addicted and then comes the negative side effects like fluctuating chakra levels and chakra instability which brings about other effects as well. Imagine, you are in a battle of life and death and suddenly your chakra drops tremendously without you even using a technique or your chakra levels get extremely high and too much for your body to handle.

I love realism. Why shouldn't they have drawbacks? Nothing is perfect, every medicine has some side effect and the possibility of addiction.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 01:37:59 AM »

Is/was your character a chakra pill popper? :P

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »

As the Naruto Wikia stated, its a pill that replenish your chakra and nourishes your body from any non-fatal injury. It is also said that you can fight for three days and withstand three nights without sleep. Its only a legit way to restore your chakra, however, you shouldn't eat the Military Rations Pill every two second you're injured.

Think of it as an real life medication, if you take an overdose of sleeping pills you will die of an cardiac arrest. The same goes for the pills shinobis are using. If you take an overdose of the said pill, you will die of an cardiac arrest like any other human can in real life, no exception.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:05:40 PM by Seiya Namikaze »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 05:35:08 AM »

There is a variety of pills I've seen and personally used, the most common being the chakra pill. That and the soldier pills explictly stated in the series weren't the same thing when I used 'em, or else it wouldn't take multiple ones in order to sustain your chakra and energy in a REALLY long fight like the Jonin Exams.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 06:47:14 AM »

I know it could be taken out of hand but perhaps pills in SL could be used to lower the cost of a jutsu by a certain, reasonable margin instead of increasing chakra back to maximum(despite it going against the Canon definition) as we all know how restoring chakra back to max could be annoying in fights.
Lol I'm hungry.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 06:50:35 AM »

Then they would likely be used more often at the beginning of matches.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 07:44:15 PM »

Well would you rather have a person constantly recharging their chakra via pills in battle and in a way having infinite chakra, or would you rather a person be able to lower a few jutsus' chakra cost for a few turns? It would take away the godmod factor of chakra pills and give it some strategic value unless i'm missing something.
Lol I'm hungry.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »

What you're missing is one of the most important parts about zone fights. If you can do it, then, within limits, why can't I?

Less trollzy, though, is the fact that if they constantly pop pills, then bring the point out. If they refuse to rebuke their actions, then just end the zone fight on the grounds that they have god-mode chakra replenishment without side effects.

Reducing the chakra of certain moves for enough turns, combined with senjutsu and mastery, would make some techniques cost almost nothing to perform, despite their ability to inflict massive amounts of damage to the soon-to-be victims.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »

What you're missing is one of the most important parts about zone fights. If you can do it, then, within limits, why can't I?

Less trollzy, though, is the fact that if they constantly pop pills, then bring the point out. If they refuse to rebuke their actions, then just end the zone fight on the grounds that they have god-mode chakra replenishment without side effects.

Reducing the chakra of certain moves for enough turns, combined with senjutsu and mastery, would make some techniques cost almost nothing to perform, despite their ability to inflict massive amounts of damage to the soon-to-be victims.

The very same reason a person now cannot take more than one edo tensei into a fight. People will get upset and topics like this will appear more and more. That causes a nice circle wouldn't ya think?

I suppose you could do that, though like you said, what's stopping them from doing it if they can do it?

Not everyone has senjutsu and mastery of a ninjutsu. Hell, if we're talking mastery of a jutsu, i'd wager that only a few have RP'd any real mastery over anything to be honest.
Lol I'm hungry.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.