Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Challenging for canon items  (Read 38959 times)

Tsuyo

• View Profile
Re: Challenging for canon items
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2012, 12:21:42 AM »

Why not have it be up to the holders on how they'd like to handle things? Both are good ideas in their own respects because both make it to where a person simply cannot hide items away on their own whims. That seems to be the big issue here.

Nathan's idea does promote RP in the sense that one would have to RP somewhere and simply could not go inactive with their items in tow. Unfortunately, one problem I could see about this is the regulation on Yumei's suggestion. Sure there could be a rule about people needing to post, but who would actually be willing to stalk everybody with a canon object and keep track of that and how? Working out kinks like this would be necessary before a decision would be made on this topic unless i'm missing something.

Bocchiere's suggestion is also good as it resembles the biju 'hunting' rule (message a person with the challenge) and in my opinion could be followed until someone came up with better rules. There have been no qualms about the current biju rules to my knowledge other than the point that Zenaku raised recently, and these rules have been followed for quite some time now. I would like to see an option of fleeing though, for a bit more fairness to weaker chars vs ULTRA BUFFED SHOOP DA WHOOP chars.

I would love to help work on Nathan's ideas while using Bocchi's idea until then. Nathan's system seems to have potential and perhaps in time, we could use something similar with the jinchuuriki as well. At least by doing that, it gets the item holders on their toes again, and promotes some RP until the main course; an appetizer if you will.

Am I missing anything? Any feedback i'd love to hear as well.
Lol I'm hungry.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2012, 12:34:22 AM »

Yeah Nathan, I just want this system so I can steal every canon item without anyone being able to stop me, right. I want this system because it is simple, there is no wiggle room to abuse things, you fight or lose it, and like I said both of them is forcing people to rp.  I'll use you're argument then. If you are gonna force people to rp somewhere so people can come hunt them then why not just allow people to challenge them? You didn't address my point of me just bringing gangs of people in to beat up each person. There is no way to stop that, if Enishi or someone is gonna have to wander through one of the zones then what is stopping me and 6 of my friends from just happening to wander in and attack him?  I've met every SSM member with a sword except Enishi and Mioku, fyi, and since Rakudo has like 4 now that's all that really matters. What about things like the Totsuka Sword? Mioku never used it, so no one knows about it, even if he gets stripped and it gets given to someone else what is that going to change? The new person can choose to never use it and it will be as inaccesable as it ever was because no one will know about it.
THE POINT IS
Both of ideas are forcing people to rp but Nathan's idea is too vague at this time, which means people are going to abuse it and going to cause problems and judges are going to be called and it is going to be a hassle. It would require way more input to work properly.   

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2012, 01:08:07 AM »

Why not have it be up to the holders on how they'd like to handle things? Both are good ideas in their own respects because both make it to where a person simply cannot hide items away on their own whims. That seems to be the big issue here.

Nathan's idea does promote RP in the sense that one would have to RP somewhere and simply could not go inactive with their items in tow. Unfortunately, one problem I could see about this is the regulation on Yumei's suggestion. Sure there could be a rule about people needing to post, but who would actually be willing to stalk everybody with a canon object and keep track of that and how? Working out kinks like this would be necessary before a decision would be made on this topic unless i'm missing something.

Bocchiere's suggestion is also good as it resembles the biju 'hunting' rule (message a person with the challenge) and in my opinion could be followed until someone came up with better rules. There have been no qualms about the current biju rules to my knowledge other than the point that Zenaku raised recently, and these rules have been followed for quite some time now. I would like to see an option of fleeing though, for a bit more fairness to weaker chars vs ULTRA BUFFED SHOOP DA WHOOP chars.

I would love to help work on Nathan's ideas while using Bocchi's idea until then. Nathan's system seems to have potential and perhaps in time, we could use something similar with the jinchuuriki as well. At least by doing that, it gets the item holders on their toes again, and promotes some RP until the main course; an appetizer if you will.

Am I missing anything? Any feedback i'd love to hear as well.

As you can tell from the input of this topic, though, it's making people not want to RP because if they don't want to fight him he can just claim it. Both our ideas force people to RP, yes. However, that's because you shouldn't have the item if you're not going to RP with it. Now, here is where it splits: Bocc's rule is like the Bijuus where if you don't want to fight somebody then you get the beast. My idea promotes RP because I'm sure people would much rather have the person come find them in RP instead of just OOC challenging them.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2012, 01:26:08 AM »

Yeah Nathan, I just want this system so I can steal every canon item without anyone being able to stop me, right.

I never said that. However, you're challenging for the SSM swords and claim to be challenging more after you fight Mioku and Shima so it does seem like that.

I want this system because it is simple, there is no wiggle room to abuse things, you fight or lose it, and like I said both of them is forcing people to rp.

Yes, there is. Most people consider you a god-mod who whines when he doesn't get his way so no one would want to fight you and you basically get the item instead of it being taken up with other members like the Bijuu.

I'll use you're argument then. If you are gonna force people to rp somewhere so people can come hunt them then why not just allow people to challenge them?

It's not forcing them if they're supposed to be doing it in the first place.

You didn't address my point of me just bringing gangs of people in to beat up each person. There is no way to stop that, if Enishi or someone is gonna have to wander through one of the zones then what is stopping me and 6 of my friends from just happening to wander in and attack him?

I don't recall you bringing that up. Either way, there isn't. What was stopping Konoha from bringing twelve people two fight two Akatsuki members? Nothing because that's the price of being a missing ninja.

I've met every SSM member with a sword except Enishi and Mioku, fyi, and since Rakudo has like 4 now that's all that really matters. What about things like the Totsuka Sword? Mioku never used it, so no one knows about it, even if he gets stripped and it gets given to someone else what is that going to change? The new person can choose to never use it and it will be as inaccesable as it ever was because no one will know about it.

We can set up a rule where they have to use it or something of the sort.

THE POINT IS
Both of ideas are forcing people to rp but Nathan's idea is too vague at this time, which means people are going to abuse it and going to cause problems and judges are going to be called and it is going to be a hassle. It would require way more input to work properly.

I don't see how it's vague. Of course rules would have to be set up with it just like every thing else. I am only proposing this idea because people already dislike yours.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2012, 02:50:09 AM »

I'm sorry but the idea of forcing someone to rp is just down right pitiful. Who are you to tell people what they have to do, when they have to do it, and where as far as rping in general goes? I say drop this whole thing. Honestly if my necklace means so much to someone, for some odd reason, then come to Konoha and take it off my neck. The only reason I claimed the item was because I thought it cool to have sense Uetto is head of the Senju in Konoha.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2012, 03:00:21 AM »

I'm sorry but the idea of forcing someone to rp is just down right pitiful. Who are you to tell people what they have to do, when they have to do it, and where as far as rping in general goes? I say drop this whole thing. Honestly if my necklace means so much to someone, for some odd reason, then come to Konoha and take it off my neck. The only reason I claimed the item was because I thought it cool to have sense Uetto is head of the Senju in Konoha.
Or you could just make more? I'm sure if Hashirama, the Senju Clan leader of the series could make one, you could too. :o

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2012, 03:35:54 AM »

Or you could just make more? I'm sure if Hashirama, the Senju Clan leader of the series could make one, you could too. :o

Essentially, we don't know how Hashirama came into its possession, and so long as its origin remains ambiguous, it shouldn't be replicated.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2012, 04:04:56 AM »

It's Bocc', though, so he won't drop it and, for that reason, I'm proposing a better alternative.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2012, 05:55:28 AM »

It's Bocc', though, so he won't drop it and, for that reason, I'm proposing a better alternative.

Yeah just like I wouldn't make any rules for Edo Tensei. My idea makes people fight 1v1, your idea makes people open themselves up for an unlimited amount of opponents at any given time. I don't see why anyone would want that. If you want to rp why not make the challenges do that? If I want to challenge Rakudo for a sword he has to accept like the bijuu rules but I have to rp coming to him in Kiri and then we dash off and fight or something.

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2012, 09:34:13 AM »

You know the good thing about that Bocc? I don't have to carry the swords on me IC, so unlike Bijuu which are with a Jinchuuriki at all times you just have to catch me on a day where I have it :P
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2012, 05:39:45 PM »

You know the good thing about that Bocc? I don't have to carry the swords on me IC, so unlike Bijuu which are with a Jinchuuriki at all times you just have to catch me on a day where I have it :P

Upsetting things like that x.x
Lol I'm hungry.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »

Yeah that's exactly the kind of stuff I am talking about "Oh fine, I'll walk around, I won't bring the sword with me though." Not that it matters for me since I can kill them, Edo Tensei them and then tell them to go get me their stuff. This is one of many things Nathan's idea is not addressing. No doubt people will think of more.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:41:47 PM by bocchiere »

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »

Yeah that's exactly the kind of stuff I am talking about "Oh fine, I'll walk around, I won't bring the sword with me though." Not that it matters for me since I can kill them, Edo Tensei them and then tell them to go get me their stuff. This is one of many things Nathan's idea is not addressing. No doubt people will think of more.
In that case then you aren't "challenging" me for my canon items, and thus this whole thread is pointless.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »

In that case then you aren't "challenging" me for my canon items, and thus this whole thread is pointless.

For you it is, clearly, you said you were requiring people to find you in rp to challenge for the bijuu so you clearly don't mind not following already established rules. I, personally could do that, since you said you intend to cheat the system and not keep your canon items on you so you don't have to accept challenges for them. 

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »

For you it is, clearly, you said you were requiring people to find you in rp to challenge for the bijuu so you clearly don't mind not following already established rules. I, personally could do that, since you said you intend to cheat the system and not keep your canon items on you so you don't have to accept challenges for them.

What established rules? What system?  Like I said before nothing in this thread was even set in stone as of yet...
Everyone is merely inputting their own suggestions in regarding challenges for canon-related items.
You need to stop getting ahead of yourself as per usual.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:58:00 PM by Camel »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.