Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Challenging for canon items  (Read 38161 times)

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
Re: Challenging for canon items
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »

The reason she won't RP with Bocchiere is the same reason as Suna and Konoha have made votes regarding voiding Bocchiere entirely. Though I won't get into that; sticky business and the sort.

As principle yes; the improving of one's self is a basic thing in roleplay. If a character exists a character must grow. If a character grows then the character becomes stronger. To become stronger takes form in a multitude of manners, from Uetto's training sessions, to Eric sparring with Alucard, to Bocchiere's hunting and gathering of rare and powerful artifacts and weaponry. That in itself has nothing wrong with it. If X is defeated and X had said weapon or item on his person, it is free pickings and spoils for the winner.

It's the very same concept we use when it comes to the eyes we pluck out of people's head, yet at this point one has to question how many times someone has to pluck an eye out of someone before it's actually gone - I've seen regenerating eyes.

I do understand what you're saying Raifudo, and my disputes against them are not in spite or just being a jerk. It's more of... adding the unneccesary.

Canon items did not need a ruleset in my view, simply guidelines - whoops, I said that word. If someone has a canon item, they -should- have it involved sometimes at least. They should use it in battle, why wouldn't they? If you have a strong weapon why would you not use it? Kisame would use Samehada, even against someone that turned Samehada against him simply for the fact he had better chakra than Kisame.

The issue becomes 'gorging', as I call it. To become strong you learn jutsus, you sign a contract, you do X and Y and Z. But there becomes an issue of limitation.

A shinobi cannot gain past three natural elements without Rinnegan eyes. They can pretend to have it by copying techniques they otherwise can't use by sharingan, but ultimately you can, as a normal shinobi, only learn three of the five.

One does not expect someone to enfuse themselves with two bijuu either. They would simply explode, as it were. The body cannot take two tailed demons at once.

But there is no such kind of limitation when it comes to 'gorging'. When someone recklessly rushes people, issues a challenge, if they win takes their item(s), and goes on immediately to the next one. Bocchiere, Kage, Seiya and such could gain every single canon item in Naruto if they never lost. And with each of these weapons they always have something for a battle, in a sense.

This ruling consists to keep the inactive from hoarding weapons, such as Mioku with the whatever sword he has. If he's inactive then give the person who has the -real- calling, the Mizukage, to strip that weapon off of him and give it to the next Mist kunoichi or shinobi qualified to be a Seven Swordsman member.

But, I'm not going to go into that. That's also sticky business I'd rather not be in.

It's stupid when you say it outloud. If you have a canon item, you are under the influence of these rules. This means you do not have the freedom to own canon items unless you abide these rules that Game Masters did not create. Game Masters, who are the head of roleplay, as it were. Going to democratic talk, it's these people that have the final decision on things like this. Zenaku, Tracey, Enishi and Kayenta. I can understand suggesting things but it should be them talking it out.

At least, if you're talking about server power that's how it should be.

Like you, I stopped roleplaying Raifudo. Namely, I quit because I cannot willingly accept this many rules. I could understand the bijuu ruling because that is basically how it goes. People are power hungry and they hunt the jinchuuriki for their bijuu. The Akatsuki did this very thing.

Suigetsu hunts the Seven Swordsman swords himself, and the Seven Swordsman made their own website and rulings regarding that. That's what they, as Kirigakure, have the right to do. And if the kages - and more importantly Game Masters see this as just then there it is.

But the canon items ruling already clashes with -their- ruling. You took away their freedom through this, if this goes through.

Yes, the imagination works in mysterious ways. Just because Person A wants a canon item doesn't mean Person B wants it, Person B can make their own item if they truly wish. But what of those that claimed canon items already? Do they now have no choice but to either get rid of their item, or accept a rule that came up that they either didn't abide, or didn't know about?

Or what about those people that just don't want to -deal- with some people. Kayenta for example, doesn't like Bocchiere. But at least one of her characters has a canon item. If Bocchiere challenges for the item, Kayenta has to roleplay with him. Something she doesn't want to do. This, breaks a -server- rule. When you harm someone's freedom, that's breaking a rule that Neji himself made. The entire SL Roleplay rule system breaks the rules of the game itself, in fact.

Or to cookie cutter what I just said.

Someone can challenge for the items all they want, as many items as they want, and no one can say no because they had canon items thus they have no freedom on their own to decide if they want to defend their item or not, only the freedom of giving up their weapon to avoid fighting that person. Someone who doesn't roleplay with someone else for personal reasons can't avoid them because they have X item.

You have a milkshake but I say if you have milkshake you must defend your milkshake or give it up because I want a milkshake too.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:08:02 PM by Reimu Hakurei »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »

Or what about those people that just don't want to -deal- with some people. Kayenta for example, doesn't like Bocchiere. But at least one of her characters has a canon item. If Bocchiere challenges for the item, Kayenta has to roleplay with him. Something she doesn't want to do. This, breaks a -server- rule. When you harm someone's freedom, that's breaking a rule that Neji himself made. The entire SL Roleplay rule system breaks the rules of the game itself, in fact.

Or to cookie cutter what I just said.

Someone can challenge for the items all they want, as many items as they want, and no one can say no because they had canon items thus they have no freedom on their own to decide if they want to defend their item or not, only the freedom of giving up their weapon to avoid fighting that person. Someone who doesn't roleplay with someone else for personal reasons can't avoid them because they have X item.

You have a milkshake but I say if you have milkshake you must defend your milkshake or give it up because I want a milkshake too.

Well, in the same case, I can turn it around and say the fact Kay doesn't want want to allow Bo to RP with her harms HIS freedom to interact with certain aspects she claims to have about her. Being a Suna Kunoichi, if Bo were to skip his merry way to Suna he wouldn't be able to interact with a past kage or anything of the sort right off the bat.

What I am, honestly, curious about is this: why would those in a much more lenient sort of role play that encourages more original concepts seek to obtain things that are canon? I honestly can't grasp it. I'm far too limited in my own imagination as to why. I've been accustomed too much to people who want something, approach another for it, fight for it, argue about it, settle on a victor, and then go about their way.

I dunno, that must be a pretty special milkshake. It's not the one milkshake. There are plenty other milkshakes, of the same kind and recipe, to get. So there's no reason to fight for it. Even then, people can share the milkshake.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2012, 08:45:46 PM »

It was my impression that the GM's were just there to encourage rp, that they did not have any actual power, as it were.

Reimu Hakurei

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »

If you want to go through that case Raifudo, you'd have to acknowledge that the rules in general restrict freedom, thus adding more continues to break what freedom we have.

Nay, I'm not after items. I never said I was and never will desire them, nor do I want a bijuu, eyes and so forth. Not everyone who roleplays that wants canon items are 'the kings of creativity'. There -are- people, who are simple shinobi/kunoichi and have a canon item. Kayenta, for the most of her characters, are normal kunoichi, save for her demon children that spawned from one of her husbands in the past. To which, you don't see said character holding a canon item, hm?

My milkshake is a milkshake but your milkshake is also a milkshake. I want two milkshakes so give me your milkshake. Refusal will be war.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »

If you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen, comes to mind.

Reimu Hakurei

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »

I'm talking to Raifudo at the moment Bocchiere, if you don't mind.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2012, 09:42:40 PM »

I'm talking to Raifudo at the moment Bocchiere, if you don't mind.

Man, Kayenta is right, this elite group does have an attitude. Sure, though I was wondering how you managed to post the link to "Decide whether or not to void Edo Tensei" all over the place, and this one no where. Hmmmmm.

Reimu Hakurei

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »

Nathan told me to post the Edo Tensei forum post in Kumogakure, if that is what you are referring to. 

But seeing as you enjoy to 'pick fights' as it were when I'm trying to simply talk to Raifudo, very well. I'll be a good girl and keep quiet.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2012, 10:49:41 PM »

Think of it this way Raifudo...Because you claim to not understand what is wrong here.

The bully in the school yard wants my lunch money and is going to beat me up and take it if I don't just hand it over to him.

That sort of behavior is not entertaining but systematically wrong on many levels of social interaction. And I do not wish to be around such a person. Certainly he has the right to go around being...the way that he is. But I also have the right not to subject myself to such behavior. It is unfortunate when my rights conflict with his rights but I Will not be giving them up to make a person of such behavior happy.

I've been paying attention and reading this debate and I have to say this terminology is wrong but if you feel different then please correct me. I would like to state I am not picking sides but simply spreading my opinion.

The reason I say you cannot mention bullying is because we are talking about canon items here which means not only did you CLAIM this item but you CLAIMED this item when you know others may want it. If no one else was going to want it then there is no point in CLAIMING it.

This thread is not about how much of a prick Bocch can be, this thread is about CLAIMING and CHALLENGING.

A bully is someone who beats you up for something that is yours, yes. But it depends on what you have or where did you get your 'lunch money' from.

Claimed items can be looked at like,'Person B beats up Person A to get said item but Person A just got done repeatedly beating Person C with their own arm to get it.'

It's like Bijuu, when you claim something know what comes along with it. You know people are going to challenge you so why be surprised or whine about it?

Maybe some people WANT to be challenged for their things to try and spice up their own ways of RP. Who knows? I guess we don't now do we?

Nathan and I were talking and he made a good point; it's not like all freedom is taken away from the people. Look at Rakudo. When he had a Bijuu he made people come find him in RP to challenge him. Not all freedom is gripped from the hands of the players.

Now then, with this being said, I do believe I've gotten everything off of my chest. Please have a good day.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:04:24 PM by Hazama »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Morgoth Bauglir

• Am i the only whom will kill for fried chicken -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »

Personally I feel that new rules does take away the fun of Rp, and restrict some of those creative types whom rps just to rp. From all of the Role-plays of SL, elite or not. I've noticed that many of these topics often revolves around Bocc, and what not. Rai has a point, but so does Kay. I not taking sides, just blankly saying that people shall choose to rp inwhat ever fashion they deem worthy, and making new rules every 2 or 3 months is beginning to displease others, and infact some of it is unnecessary from my perspective. On the flip side, without rules how can one govern a game, and deem what is fare, and what not. I believe their no winner nor loser in this. So I say we should just leave it at that.

However on the Bocc being ass-hole topic.

Picture yourself in Kayenta, or anyother person Bocc has harassed. I believe Kayenta has a point for not rping with bocc. Personally I don't see the point in getting mad, nor showing any type of emotion toward Sl anymore. To me, everyone just some random stranger who probably half way across, and behind some computer or phone.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2012, 11:44:42 PM »

Think of it this way Raifudo...Because you claim to not understand what is wrong here.

The bully in the school yard wants my lunch money and is going to beat me up and take it if I don't just hand it over to him.

That sort of behavior is not entertaining but systematically wrong on many levels of social interaction. And I do not wish to be around such a person. Certainly he has the right to go around being...the way that he is. But I also have the right not to subject myself to such behavior. It is unfortunate when my rights conflict with his rights but I Will not be giving them up to make a person of such behavior happy.

I've been paying attention and reading this debate and I have to say this terminology is wrong but if you feel different then please correct me. I would like to state I am not picking sides but simply spreading my opinion.

The reason I say you cannot mention bullying is because we are talking about canon items here which means not only did you CLAIM this item but you CLAIMED this item when you know others may want it. If no one else was going to want it then there is no point in CLAIMING it.

This thread is not about how much of a prick Bocch can be, this thread is about CLAIMING and CHALLENGING.

A bully is someone who beats you up for something that is yours, yes. But it depends on what you have or where did you get your 'lunch money' from.

Claimed items can be looked at like,'Person B beats up Person A to get said item but Person A just got done repeatedly beating Person C with their own arm to get it.'

It's like Bijuu, when you claim something know what comes along with it. You know people are going to challenge you so why be surprised or whine about it?

Maybe some people WANT to be challenged for their things to try and spice up their own ways of RP. Who knows? I guess we don't now do we?

Nathan and I were talking and he made a good point; it's not like all freedom is taken away from the people. Look at Rakudo. When he had a Bijuu he made people come find him in RP to challenge him. Not all freedom is gripped from the hands of the players.

Now then, with this being said, I do believe I've gotten everything off of my chest. Please have a good day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2012, 12:16:59 AM »

So, we're gonna scrap these "rules" and go back to the way things were? Normally I'd have a more readable comment but I think this question is more pressing atm for me and some others.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2012, 12:35:04 AM »

So, we're gonna scrap these "rules" and go back to the way things were? Normally I'd have a more readable comment but I think this question is more pressing atm for me and some others.

I'd love to answer your questions but everyone is gawking over Bocchiere again. So you'll just have to wait like the rest of us.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2012, 01:07:59 AM »

So, if the rules do get passed, does the holder of the item have to have it on them? And, if they don't, would they still have to post at least once every week?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2012, 01:10:21 AM »

So, if the rules do get passed, does the holder of the item have to have it on them? And, if they don't, would they still have to post at least once every week?
Essentially, either of the two if the rules [somehow] pass.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 15 queries.