Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Challenging for canon items  (Read 37827 times)

cmage

• View Profile
Re: Challenging for canon items
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 08:11:16 PM »

o3o
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 12:12:08 AM »

Sooooooooooooooo, this gonna become a thing? >>

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 04:34:57 AM »

Nope, hardly any percentage of SL has seen or commented on the matter.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Born as Lee of the Lotus

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 05:08:35 AM »

Plenty of people were whining at me to follow Pete's Edo Tensei rules when like 5 of you said they were ok and the topic was locked. >_> There is no reason NOT to do this, other then people not wanting to have to fight.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 09:00:53 AM »

Personally I don't see why canon items can't be challenged for. In my eyes, they're basically like a bijuu; you win, you keep the item, you lose, it gets taken away. Even though they're specifically seven swordsmen swords in that they're unique, that's basically just their name and really only indicates where they originated from. Swords aren't tied down by their location nor possession (as seen in the manga when the swords have swapped owners on occasion), and I don't see why they would be off-limits.

Besides, if you're in possession of a canon sword and don't have the skill to hold onto it via a challenge, then you probably don't deserve it anyways.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »

1. Challenge for canon items such as swords or tools?  Yes, I believe those should pose the risk of being "taken" by the victor of a challenge.  We can already challenge people for Bijuu and actual body parts (eyes, heart, etc), so what makes inanimate objects any different?

2. Challenge for jutsu?  No, that doesn't make sense since you don't magically learn jutsu from a dead sensei.  Of course, you always have the option of beating someone bloody and forcing them somehow to teach the intended jutsu to you out of fear.

3. Challenge for the Mazo?  This argument can go either way since there's evidence for both sides.  I personally say no to this though, since the Mazo is classified as a personal summon.  Even if the agressor manages to steal a contract scroll from the former owner, it doesn't mean that the summoning species will agree to serve.  A pact between a summoner and the summoned is created from a mutual agreement.  This is why Naruto had to prove himself to the Toads and request to be taken under their wing.  He couldn't start out with their full obedience.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »

1. Challenge for canon items such as swords or tools?  Yes, I believe those should pose the risk of being "taken" by the victor of a challenge.  We can already challenge people for Bijuu and actual body parts (eyes, heart, etc), so what makes inanimate objects any different?

2. Challenge for jutsu?  No, that doesn't make sense since you don't magically learn jutsu from a dead sensei.  Of course, you always have the option of beating someone bloody and forcing them somehow to teach the intended jutsu to you out of fear.

3. Challenge for the Mazo?  This argument can go either way since there's evidence for both sides.  I personally say no to this though, since the Mazo is classified as a personal summon.  Even if the agressor manages to steal a contract scroll from the former owner, it doesn't mean that the summoning species will agree to serve.  A pact between a summoner and the summoned is created from a mutual agreement.  This is why Naruto had to prove himself to the Toads and request to be taken under their wing.  He couldn't start out with their full obedience.

What she said...
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 04:48:15 PM »

I'm not even sure the point of claiming the Mazo except so that others can't have it, really. Without any bijuu within it, I thought it was just a husk of whatever it's made of.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 05:49:27 PM »

I'm not even sure the point of claiming the Mazo except so that others can't have it, really. Without any bijuu within it, I thought it was just a husk of whatever it's made of.

Actually, the Mazo was summoned and used by Nagato after he saw Yahiko die, and used it to kill all those Root and Ame nin.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Demonic_Statue_of_the_Outer_Path

And the Mazo doesn't really have a sense of who it should serve, since it's been shown that the summoner has control of it regardless.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 08:04:41 PM »

Actually, the Mazo was summoned and used by Nagato after he saw Yahiko die, and used it to kill all those Root and Ame nin.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Demonic_Statue_of_the_Outer_Path

And the Mazo doesn't really have a sense of who it should serve, since it's been shown that the summoner has control of it regardless.

I'm pretty sure it only serves those who have made contract with it and manage to summon it with a particular doujutsu, I recall seeing in the manga that Madara showed Tobi what the Gedo Mazo truly was and what it's functions were for then Obito carried on his will, by taking his name and finding Nagato which lead up to him using it against Hanzo/Danzo's shinobis.

Madara > Tobi/Obito > Nagato

It's more plausible to say that the information regarding Gedo Mazo was passed down from person to person.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:07:20 PM by Camel »

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »

^ This.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 04:54:33 AM »

There is no Gedo Mazo summoning contract, Madara somehow magically snatched it out of the moon once he awakened the Rinnegan. Obviously I am not unbiased here as I want that thing like nobody's business but remember that first and foremost it is the Heretical Demon Statue, an object used to contain the bijuu for the Juubi's revival. The Mazo is even more OP than the Rinnegan itself and people are either gonna be Mushashi and hide it or be me and use it to attack every village and all their enemies, there isn't gonna be a lot of middle ground when you have a giant with destructive capabilities that put's gundam to shame.

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 04:25:49 AM »

Well I see the way this is going..... have fun contacting me in RP 
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Born as Lee of the Lotus

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 06:42:25 AM »

I'm pretty sure it only serves those who have made contract with it and manage to summon it with a particular doujutsu, I recall seeing in the manga that Madara showed Tobi what the Gedo Mazo truly was and what it's functions were for then Obito carried on his will, by taking his name and finding Nagato which lead up to him using it against Hanzo/Danzo's shinobis.

Madara > Tobi/Obito > Nagato

It's more plausible to say that the information regarding Gedo Mazo was passed down from person to person.

The personal holding of summoning contracts are a fabrication of SL, not Naruto. They serve as a list of who can summon the type of animal or species it is for. It is usually held by a single person, who also determines who gets to sign it or not. This is contrary to what is shown in the series, which shows that the species is the one who usually chooses, and signers (most likely Sages, since Jiraiya was the only one shown being able to summon the physical contract itself) are able to summon the contract for whomever wants to sign it. And even then, one would have to gain the loyalty and trust of the creatures they summon. (Naruto summoning Gamabunta: ch 96, Orochimaru summoning Manda: ch 170) But this is a whole other subject.

The Gedo Mazo is a one-of-a-kind object/creature, which can only be summoned by someone with a Rinnegan (Animal Path). Madara also states that Obito is able to control it, due to him being Uchiha and literally half Senju.

This brings up another issue: The difference in being able to summon it, and being able to control it.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 06:57:50 AM »

Generally, Musashi summoned it first, and planted a seal on it to prevent anybody else from summoning it. As for control, I suppose the seal itself restricts the Mazō's control to its (the seal's) creator, Musashi. Really now, there'd only be complications arising were there to be multiple 'summoner''s of it, or no method of limiting the quantity of people capable of 'summoning' it - there's always a priority-issue and the sort to worry about.

To seize control of it from him, either force him to destroy the seal himself via genjutsu-derived control, or destroy it personally while the Mazō's presently-summoned (unlikely scenario, though). There's always the Human Path as an alternative, but not everybody has it (of course).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.