Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Challenging for canon items  (Read 37510 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Challenging for canon items
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »

Now, now. Leave Kay be. Don't start things again, Bocc.

I'm thinking canon. A custom summon is indeed just that: custom. A canon claim is whoever gets to the claim first or is preferred among those who claim it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2012, 08:05:51 PM »

Now, now. Leave Kay be. Don't start things again, Bocc.

I'm thinking canon. A custom summon is indeed just that: custom. A canon claim is whoever gets to the claim first or is preferred among those who claim it.

I just don't see the point of claiming contracts at all. If you have dogs or whatever, and someone else has dogs, they cannot summon your custom dogs, only their own, you lose nothing from someone else having it. Also, here is the list of people with a claim to a canon object on the wiki.

#1 Tsuyo
#2 Solo
#3 Rakudo
#4 Bocchiere
#5 Kayenta
#6 Mioku
#7 Enishi
#8 Athos
#9 Chika
#10 Seiya
#11 Seno
#12 Mikoto
#13 Kirk
#14 Inokichi
#15 Naruto
#16 Megumi
#17 Yumei
#18 Curse

Several of these people have random objects like Seno, Megumi, and Chika, that no one is gonna really want, so I'm subtracting them, Athos is dead in rp. So we have like 12 people who are going to be effected by challenging for canon items. That's what's going to ruin rp? Really? We can even make it a rule for contracts that no one dies. So we have just over 10 people who hold a canon object and might die because of it. Game breaking for sure.

edit

#19 Aoi (who I can't recall ever once seeing)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:08:50 PM by bocchiere »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2012, 05:05:39 AM »

Will be taking Athos's challenges. Though the sword itself with technically remain on zombie Athos's person and not my character.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2012, 06:45:19 AM »

Yeah, so challenging somebody for a weapon or contract is, well, stupid in my opinion. Make it like the Bijuu where the Jinchuriki control what happens. So, for example, say I have the Kusunagi blade and Bocc' wants it and he PMs me offering me an OOC challenge that will become IC after it ends. If I refuse this challenge then he automatically gets it. That is, as I said stupid. Now, here is another scenario: The same thing happens but this time I tell Bocc' to come find me. He agrees and finds me in Kumo because I'm visiting and, for this scenario's sake, he's not a missing-nin. Any who, he finds me and tells me that he knows that I possess the blade. I could agree and give him the blade because I don't want it or I can disagree and we can fight.

Doesn't that make more sense? It happens in RP and not OOC and it forces Bocc' to figure out in RP that I have the blade which is something Orochimaru couldn't do because Itachi never Totsuka blade. As for people hoarding items I propose this idea: if they RP regularly then they can not be stripped of the item. However, if they do like Mioku and do not RP for, say, twenty days then the sword is returned to the village and, if they're a missing-nin then their former village. The same applies for summoning contracts. Thoughts?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2012, 07:27:36 AM »

I say simply throw an inactivity-limit to canon item-holders, say a fortnight-long or so. They should need to make at least one post in public (so, a village's commentary area) at least once per fortnight, and be obligated to respond to any challenges made in-character, although fleeing's always an option. Less broken RP, far less metagaming.

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2012, 08:34:58 AM »

I hold the Primate Summoning Contract, same as Sarutobi-Enma'The Monkey King'. I don't mind others signing it, but to promote roleplay, I have always planned on fighting to see if the requested is good enough and will actually roleplay.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

Nathan that would defeat the point of the rule entirely. The point is they would have to fight to keep the item. I have Hiraishin, do you really think anyone would be able to track me down IC? I would never have to do any challenges. Nothing would be changed we would just be forcing people to rp "I'm hiding in the mountains/bowels of the earth, etc"

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2012, 06:30:11 PM »

Plenty would be done. Inactive people obviously wouldn't RP and be stripped of their weapon. Also, if the people are like you and use their items in every battle, then yes they would be easy to track down like you are. You used Hiraishin in the village that created it and you think we don't know what it was? Lol. Seriously, though, you just want it to be where you can PM somebody and then fight them and that's just plain stupid. My way promotes RP and makes you do more than PM somebody and take their weapon if you refuse to fight them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:33:13 PM by Nathan »

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:08 PM »

Yeah, so challenging somebody for a weapon or contract is, well, stupid in my opinion. Make it like the Bijuu where the Jinchuriki control what happens. So, for example, say I have the Kusunagi blade and Bocc' wants it and he PMs me offering me an OOC challenge that will become IC after it ends. If I refuse this challenge then he automatically gets it. That is, as I said stupid. Now, here is another scenario: The same thing happens but this time I tell Bocc' to come find me. He agrees and finds me in Kumo because I'm visiting and, for this scenario's sake, he's not a missing-nin. Any who, he finds me and tells me that he knows that I possess the blade. I could agree and give him the blade because I don't want it or I can disagree and we can fight.

Doesn't that make more sense? It happens in RP and not OOC and it forces Bocc' to figure out in RP that I have the blade which is something Orochimaru couldn't do because Itachi never Totsuka blade. As for people hoarding items I propose this idea: if they RP regularly then they can not be stripped of the item. However, if they do like Mioku and do not RP for, say, twenty days then the sword is returned to the village and, if they're a missing-nin then their former village. The same applies for summoning contracts. Thoughts?

I believe this is a nice way of handling the situation.  This way people aren't just forced into RPing with any and everyone that decides they want a sword/summon/whatever.  There's nothing worse in a game revolving around RP than having control of your characters decisions taken away from you.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »

Now, while I adore Nathan's idea of needing to find a person within RP, what's to stop a person from becoming a missing nin in RP? They could simply say they're traveling and never RP anywhere because they are never within village confines.
Lol I'm hungry.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »

Plenty would be done. Inactive people obviously wouldn't RP and be stripped of their weapon. Also, if the people are like you and use their items in every battle, then yes they would be easy to track down like you are. You used Hiraishin in the village that created it and you think we don't know what it was? Lol. Seriously, though, you just want it to be where you can PM somebody and then fight them and that's just plain stupid. My way promotes RP and makes you do more than PM somebody and take their weapon if you refuse to fight them.

It's plain stupid that you WANT to make the system be able to be abused. But ok, I find anyone whose chakra I know while traveling with Kamui so that'll let me abuse it too. There is going to be roughly 0 fights and a lot of me appearing from no where and decapitating people. Tsuyo is being logical here like me, no one is going to choose to fight someone if they have the option, that's the point of making it something you can challenge for, otherwise they will just run and hide. Being able to find someone in rp and beat them up does not require a rule change, you can do that now.   

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2012, 10:49:05 PM »

Now, while I adore Nathan's idea of needing to find a person within RP, what's to stop a person from becoming a missing nin in RP? They could simply say they're traveling and never RP anywhere because they are never within village confines.

If not on the outskirts of a village, then they could post in the zones. If anything (and 'per chance'), other travelers may wind up intersecting them. The fact that the zones are accessible by everyone adds a certain danger element to the mix. Although, I'd say that those not within a village would need to post twice as regularly, and there'd be restrictions imposed upon just how flexible their travels may be from post to post.

For instance, once a traveler enters a zone or village outskirt, they're unable to exit from it for say, 4-5 posts, sufficient enough for a party seeking out their item to take initiative. I'd also say that Space-Time Ninjutsu and the sort can't be used to travel between areas, and instead merely to travel close to the area's boundary of one for them to make an exit, while there's still a marginal possibility of their escape, while not being completely nullified, at least monitored, so they may find themselves being pursued, and confronted in the next area.

It's plain stupid that you WANT to make the system be able to be abused. But ok, I find anyone whose chakra I know while traveling with Kamui so that'll let me abuse it too. There is going to be roughly 0 fights and a lot of me appearing from no where and decapitating people. Tsuyo is being logical here like me, no one is going to choose to fight someone if they have the option, that's the point of making it something you can challenge for, otherwise they will just run and hide. Being able to find someone in rp and beat them up does not require a rule change, you can do that now.   

It's fine that people who want the items they seek want to fight their current holders for them, however, what of the holders who simply put disagree? It's too one-sided to simply call somebody out via PM to challenge a person for an item, who doesn't wish to fight anybody, and have it stripped from them due to this 'rule'. This 'rule' only really seems to profit power-hoarders, while being nothing less of a deterrent to all others. In my opinion, anyway.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »

I have a feeling Bocc will use this just to kill people and make zombies instead of actually hunting subjects down... just me though.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2012, 11:48:55 PM »

I have a feeling Bocc will use this just to kill people and make zombies instead of actually hunting subjects down... just me though.

So I'm going to use this to kill people and make them zombies instead of killing and mugging them? I don't see why this would be beneficial. You guys are saying we shouldn't force people to defend their canon items if they don't want to but we are saying they should be forced to make regular posts somewhere public, with the sole purpose of allowing people to jump them. I cannot really imagine anyone saying, "Yeah, I don't want to have to accept challenges for my items, on the other hand I am totally ok with having to wander around an open field for an hour every Sunday in case anyone wants to try and murder me." Both of these things are forcing people to rp but the latter is going to have way more loop holes. If they have to wander around there is nothing stopping me from teleporting in with 6 other people and just beating the snot out of everyone. 

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2012, 12:10:49 AM »

It's plain stupid that you WANT to make the system be able to be abused.

Abused? Nah. What you want? Definitely. You want a system where if someone doesn't want to fight you then you can just claim the item. Lol, no.

But ok, I find anyone whose chakra I know while traveling with Kamui so that'll let me abuse it too.

You know none of the SSM members.

There is going to be roughly 0 fights and a lot of me appearing from no where and decapitating people.

I don't see how.

Tsuyo is being logical here like me, no one is going to choose to fight someone if they have the option, that's the point of making it something you can challenge for, otherwise they will just run and hide. Being able to find someone in rp and beat them up does not require a rule change, you can do that now.

No one will choose to fight with the rule you want implemented but you don't care because you think you can just claim the item. With this rule you have to RP finding them and if you can't then you don't get the weapon. When you find them either talk or attack. I don't see why you are complaining when they HAVE TO RP or they're stripped of the weapon so no one can hide.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:13:00 AM by Nathan »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.