Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Slight change to bijuu rules  (Read 7328 times)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Slight change to bijuu rules
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 12:52:03 AM »

Like I said, it's a thing, I could even work, I don't support it though. Though, the idea this is going to increase rp seems faulty. Who besides me is going to attack Konoha or Kumo and actually commit to it, really. Only a handful of people challenge for bijuu now with the current system and that number is only gonna drop if you have to murder all their friends too, in my opinion.

What I'm seeing that nobody will wind up in the treasure room facing off against the final boss from the very moment they seek to well, acquire the treasure; instead they'll need to overcome every obstacle starting for the dungeon in order to reach their destination.

These 'challenges' should be made 'challenging' to even initiate in the first place.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 12:54:17 AM »

Like I said, it's a thing, I could even work, I don't support it though. Though, the idea this is going to increase rp seems faulty. Who besides me is going to attack Konoha or Kumo and actually commit to it, really. Only a handful of people challenge for bijuu now with the current system and that number is only gonna drop if you have to murder all their friends too, in my opinion.

What I'm seeing that nobody will wind up in the treasure room facing off against the final boss from the very moment they seek to well, acquire the treasure; instead they'll need to overcome every obstacle starting for the dungeon in order to reach their destination.

These 'challenges' should be made 'challenging' to even initiate in the first place.

Then we just have different opinions, I think with this system a jinchuriki would essentially never have to defend themselves.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 01:23:30 AM »

Why make the changes at all? I've never been a jinckurii, so I might not fully understand the situation, but is it really that bad that a two week grace period, RL, is not enough time?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 01:35:29 AM »

Why make the changes at all? I've never been a jinckurii, so I might not fully understand the situation, but is it really that bad that a two week grace period, RL, is not enough time?

It really is fine this way, if you really need a break then you can get one as long as you come back and defend at some point.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 06:27:11 PM »

It's just a bit of a issue having to potentially fight the same person twice a month or kill them in RP  :o
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »

It's just a bit of a issue having to potentially fight the same person twice a month or kill them in RP  :o

Again, it's Luka, just kill him, he's been dead this whole time anyway.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 08:05:31 PM »

How many times should a person have to be killed before they stop though?
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »

How many times should a person have to be killed before they stop though?

Well since Luka's ressurection technique seems to be clearly god mod I don't know why you accept his challenges at all. Don't you have seals for this sort of thing?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 11:20:10 PM »

I think how many times should be asked of the challenger first, cause I'm sure a few might actually have a set of "tries" before they just wait for a redistribution to weaker targets or something.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 12:53:49 AM »

I'm against Yumie's idea. From my years at SL I have always gotten this out of the Bijuu holders.... there are elite role players/zoners to the site that hold a strong gift unto someone can surpass them through battle to become an elite themselves. I am not saying that Yumei's idea is not good or wouldn't increase rp by chance but it breaks the traditional idea of having a Bijuu. Keep the rules the way they are with the addition of Zen's thoughts on the 2 challenges per person every 6 months.
I feel this is where we should draw the line on all of SL's rp being converted over to village based stuff and let this stay the way it has been. The system is not flawed in my opinion.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 05:57:06 AM »

I'm against Yumie's idea. From my years at SL I have always gotten this out of the Bijuu holders.... there are elite role players/zoners to the site that hold a strong gift unto someone can surpass them through battle to become an elite themselves. I am not saying that Yumei's idea is not good or wouldn't increase rp by chance but it breaks the traditional idea of having a Bijuu. Keep the rules the way they are with the addition of Zen's thoughts on the 2 challenges per person every 6 months.
I feel this is where we should draw the line on all of SL's rp being converted over to village based stuff and let this stay the way it has been. The system is not flawed in my opinion.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 08:25:47 PM »

Third'ed.

Like US said, it's not flawed. If you want to be a host, you learn to fight one-on-one. Each time someone beats a host, the new host is that much stronger.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »

^ This.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 07:58:50 PM »

I agree about the challenger list, Ranketsu was running that scam before where she told me she had so many challengers in front of me we would not get to fight for months and then when Rakudo asked she told him she totally had fought and beat me every time I asked to fight. After actually fighting Rank I think she was just a serial liar but it could happen again, and the victim might not be someone everyone hates that time.

Inheriting the list is good too, I don't think it would be fair if you had been waiting 6 months to challenge for a bijuu and then the person before you on the list beats the host, and you don't here about it because you are away for the weekend and when you get back you're back on the bottom of the list again.

I don't know if you should HAVE to set a date for the fight, sometimes when I had challengers I would just tell them "Well I should be able to do it sometime this weekend let's plan for then." Though then you could just list "weekend of whenever" I suppose.

We should just have 9 topics, one for each bijuu, that the current host makes (maybe wait for Zen to give them all out first) that way they could edit it freely. Then if you lose it you would delete the topic and the new host would make a topic they could edit. I think that would be fine.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 01:06:50 AM »

I look these ideas also. I see no point in locking or deleting the Topics though as the new host can just post below the previous host list.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.