Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: About Animal Summons  (Read 1934 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
About Animal Summons
« on: October 17, 2012, 05:42:03 AM »

Someone brought up a good point. Didn't Jiraiya summon the toad that had the contract so Naruto could sign it? What I mean is people shouldn't really be able to claim animals summoning contracts, since anyone could interact with an animal and sign the contract. Doesn't that make more sense?

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: About Animal Summons
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »

No. Chances are that's the only reason Naruto would ever have been able to summon the toads: The contract. Either they approach you first (if no one introduced them to you) or someone introduces the contract to you.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 01:32:23 AM »

But Jiryaria got the contract signature by appearing at the Mount and surviving a few minutes, hours even. Plus a prophecy from the big toad later in the story.

I believe it is fair to restrict the usage of summons, but for a single person to literally have the scroll itself rather than be a sole summoner, until they pass the rights on to others, of the creature that does have the scroll isn't too far-fetched.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 01:44:24 AM »

This does bring up a good point. Especially when it comes to canon summonings. This is especially conflicting when it comes to one being unable to use one of the two canon Sage Modes when they have worked hard for the resets to use them.

Custom creatures though, are of course limited to their sole creators.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 02:40:11 AM »

Custom animals scrolls can be claimed, but not by Rinnegan users. Rinnegan users are allowed one contract. Now, that doesn't mean they still can't summon a variety of animals. No, it just means they can only claim one non canon animal scroll so that others can claim stuff as well. Also, the toad scroll is restricted to the reborn and the snake scroll is for whoever claims it first. I believe Kayenta already has.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 01:30:06 AM »

I liked the idea of everyone creating their own personalized summons in an animal group.

Dizzy had some fairly nice progressions for his lizards that were specific to himself, just to name an example.

And yes, I have the snake scroll from the last summoner to posses it before myself. Others have signed it since me but I retain the scroll.

Unless they are YOUR snakes, of course.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »

Most everyone who has RPed with me knows Rita the Dragon. She has a most vidvid personality and is my very personal summon. I think she is a grand example of what Kayenta is getting across.

I and Rita have been together since before I signed the Dragon Summoning Scroll, on the grounds that we were both companions and private summoning contracted. Rares didn't seem to have much issue with it, probably becuase I had Rita since before that kind of stuff was enforced with the power of 'void'.  Nevertheless, to avoid future conflicts, I eventually came to sign the dragon contract after a bit of testing.

In the end, Rita is still my personal summon from the dragon branch. No one else has the ability/permission to summon and use her in battle without my consent as she is my custom companion. Only one other person besides me has summoned her, and they won't be getting her more long-term till my death. >.>
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:26:26 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.