Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Village Barriers  (Read 13408 times)

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
Re: Village Barriers
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 06:40:39 PM »

It is not in my place to enforce a rule, but I do have rights to request it. Please stay on topic.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »

It is not in my place to enforce a rule, but I do have rights to request it. Please stay on topic.
Thanks you for that. I'm getting quite tired of everything turning into a Bocc argument around here...

Anyways, I will just do my bidding in Konoha about trying to reduce our barriers some and perhaps others will follow... perhaps not.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2013, 09:34:31 PM »

I'm just to popular for my own good. But yeah, everyone might as well take the barriers down, since I'm not allowed to attack villages anymore there really isn't much point to having them.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2013, 04:52:23 AM »

My thought on barriers?
It's entirely up to the Kage if they want to enforce them or not, personally during my reign..I never used any sort of OP barriers to defend the village from invaders except the sensory-types, which I used to monitor those within the village's perimeters.

That underlined bit... During your reign, like 1st Hokage SLwise, Naruto was probably alot simplier and less... Powered than it is nowadays, which would explain why just a sensory type barrier would have sufficed. I mean, I'm sure outrageous stuff was claimed, but I'm sure canon-wise stuff wasn't as great in sheer force.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2013, 04:54:59 AM »

My thought on barriers?
It's entirely up to the Kage if they want to enforce them or not, personally during my reign..I never used any sort of OP barriers to defend the village from invaders except the sensory-types, which I used to monitor those within the village's perimeters.

That underlined bit... During your reign, like 1st Hokage SLwise, Naruto was probably alot simplier and less... Powered than it is nowadays, which would explain why just a sensory type barrier would have sufficed. I mean, I'm sure outrageous stuff was claimed, but I'm sure canon-wise stuff wasn't as great in sheer force.

When was that again? Like 5 years ago? Did they have elemental affinities back then?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:11 AM »

My thought on barriers?

When was that again? Like 5 years ago? Did they have elemental affinities back then?

If you are gonna be a smart ass to everyone here then don't post on my topics anymore. Honestly it is a waste of my time to check in on this when I see someone posted just to read a stupid senseless remark.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2013, 06:22:19 AM »

The point being driven, in one way or another, is that the need for the barriers has changed over the years. With the current population and powers available to SL, the OP barriers are kind of necessary to a degree to prevent one guy from completely going Pain style and wiping half the village structure in one grand repuslive force, or the always annoying space-time ninjutsu users (I know, guilty as a preacher right?) that warp out the second you get a force ready to deal with 'em.

Back in the day when yall grew up, like, even pre-'08 status, the only space-time ninjutsu was the summoning technique, and I don't hear too many people making grand escapes using that on SL unless their animal friend gives them a lift (guilty as a preacher, again). Nowadays, between hiraishin, the many migrations, and pure custom items (come on choir, I already said I was guilty, cut meh some slack) sometimes it might actually be better to just leave the barriers up, and go to the zones if we wanna fight. There is a town zone if you want an urban scene to run in.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2013, 08:00:49 AM »

My thought on barriers?

Well they certainly had manners back then which I would advise you to cut that attitude or I'll teach you some manners, kiddo.

@Kirk and Eric;

Well the SL-verse proclaimed me as the Shodaime when I was really the Shichidaime but it really didn't matter since during those times of strife, I had manage to fair well against our enemies back then and before I passed it along to Seraphim, I was almost at the completion of capturing every Bijuu.
What I am really trying to say, is that if you really need the OP-barriers to keep out those with extraordinary powers then so be it, it is entirely up to the Kage of that villages on what they do with their security and well-being of their villagers.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:03:48 AM by Camel »

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »

I would have to agree.

If the village is full of normally active nin, like Konoha, then reducing the barrier won't mean too much. But there are villages that do not have a sheer abundance of nin available 24/7... in a few causes, 1/7 a day. I mean - Iwagakure was destroyed, Zenaku wants to take a momentary break, Raijin is busy with who knows what, I haven't really paid attention to Otogakure. Rakudo and Yumei are the only true active kages on hand at the presentary moment.

Small villages like that... Or villages will present-issues around that, should be allowed to use the barriers they believe, and the other kages accept, for their village as they see fit. Especially when we have point-and-destroy moves like Peine's Super Push Of Doom, or the Tailed Beast Ball.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »

... point-and-destroy moves like Peine's Super Push Of Doom, or the Tailed Beast Ball.

Lol... I totally like the way you put that. It reminds me of when Sasuke pointed at Itachi, and lightning rained from the heavens with roaring thunder. In hindsight, the look on his face was kinda classic.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »

I'll just keep my supah barrier then.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:50:49 PM by bocchiere »

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 10:24:04 PM »

Reading this was painful. All that to arrive at the same point? ._.;

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 11:59:55 PM »

Will say Bocc's barrier is the worst of them all, auto-hitting a Flying Thunder God Seal onto people >.>

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2013, 04:55:54 AM »

Reading this was painful. All that to arrive at the same point? ._.;

Welcome to the SL Forums, how may I direct you to the newest thread?   :)

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 10:38:04 AM »

If this is SL's forums, I can see why activity has gone down. :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.