Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Here we go!  (Read 5316 times)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Here we go!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »

The Human Path is influenced by Buddhism's Human Realm of Desire, hence its name. The name doesn't dictate though who its derived techniques may function upon.

Considering how the Human Path has been shown to solely interact with souls, including tearing it out of its host's body before sending it off to Valhalla, Narania, or God-knows-where, it could probably interact with Spirit Transformation Technique-users, although probably not kill them, seeing how their soul's already outside of their body (could just grab them by the limbs, and destroy their physical body in order to get rid of the soul).

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 02:02:36 AM »

Where does it state that the Human Path can't be used against zombies? Anything with a soul can have itself affected by the technique based on what I know. There is no preference on living or undead targets.

Elementary, my dear Eric, the Edo Tensei zombie, while it is immortal and can always get his/her's soul taken away by the powers of the Human Path, the Edo Tensei zombie will in the end, always return back to its zombified body as nothing can seem to kill an Edo Tensei zombie. Your only resort on defeating an Edo Tensei zombie is to either use the Dead Consuming Seal technique, use the Totsuka sword, some other highly advanced sealing techniques and/or know the specific handseals to deactivate the Edo Tensei technique.

Unless you fulfil all these things I've mentioned, the Edo Tensei zombie will keep returning and fight you until you can no longer stand on your feets and eventually, get killed in the process.

@Angra Mainyu: And what remarkable effect would it have to simply destroying a Spirit Transformation Technique user's physical body may I enquire? It won't have any effect against the user in general as the said user's soul could always roam around and in the end, find a new host in the same fashion as the Living Corpse Reincarnation Technique. Just that it is not as life risking for you nor are you obliged to find a new host after four years in contrast with the Living Corpse Reincarnation Technique.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:16:11 AM by Seiya Namikaze »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 03:21:05 AM »

When an Edo Tensei zombie's soul gets removed, its immortalized body crumbles away, did the Sword of Totsuka's general sealing of Nagato not make that crystal clear? What good is a brain without a body to control? Heck, you can probably even thrust the soul inside of an object as a makeshift sealing technique, like a tabi boot so that the zombie will never resurface lest properly tampered with.

We haven't even seen the Spirit Transformation Technique kill anybody; the description is all-too similar to the Yamanaka clan's jutsu, in which where shown, one with powerful willpower can defy the intrusion, as occurred in Sakura's battle with Ino. It would seem with this etchnique in particular though, the user's spirit cannot destroy another's (spirit), rather only attempt to seize control of their body and kill them, before returning to their own body. If they were to remain in another body for too long though, I dare say that soul would ultimately be forced out by the primitive host, and with no true body remaining, the Spirit Transformation Technique's user's spirit would ultimately perish.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 07:05:08 PM »

Where does it state that the Human Path can't be used against zombies? Anything with a soul can have itself affected by the technique based on what I know. There is no preference on living or undead targets.

Elementary, my dear Eric, the Edo Tensei zombie, while it is immortal and can always get his/her's soul taken away by the powers of the Human Path, the Edo Tensei zombie will in the end, always return back to its zombified body as nothing can seem to kill an Edo Tensei zombie. Your only resort on defeating an Edo Tensei zombie is to either use the Dead Consuming Seal technique, use the Totsuka sword, some other highly advanced sealing techniques and/or know the specific handseals to deactivate the Edo Tensei technique.

Long story short, in case you don't want to read on, soul gets forcibly removed, edo tensei ends.

That's why they have secondary schooling, to refine what we learned in elementary. If you take someone's soul and store it in the King of Hell, that soul cannot return to the corpse of which it emerged from; Edo Tensei zombies only recover from physical damage dealt to them (such as getting shredded, burned, poisoned, stabbed, etc) while something on the soul siezing level would defeat the zombies. The binding of the soul to the corpse only works as long as that bond is not broken; if it is broken, then the technique ends. That is why Shiki Fujin works on them, as well as the sword of Totsuka thing (probably butchered that spelling...)

Additionally, if the soul breaks the contract with the summoner, then the binding on their soul will no longer be subject to the whim of the summoner, and as a result, the soul in question possesses their own freedom to wreck havoc if they so choose. It has already been shown that the zombie can be 'killed' by its soul leaving the vessel with which it was contained in. The Spirit technique hack was used during the last moments of Kato's undead life, so we'll never know for sure whether he could have returned to the vessel or not (possibly, but it might not have been under the influence of Edo Tensei anymore).

Summary: bond between soul and vessel broken through forced extraction, edo tensei ends, zombie is no longer a threat.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 05:13:45 AM »

Human Path places soul in King of Hell--> Soul no longer in living world---> End of Edo Zombie as no soul is present to support the body

Aiding support of this:
- Sealing trapping the soul so that it can not reform in the living world
- the Soul finding closer and returning to the Under World (what ever it is in the Narutoverse) thus end of Edo Zombie for no soul present in living world.

Basically if the soul is not present in the living world or is restrict from free room in the living world then the Edo Zombie is finished.... rather complicated >.>

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 11:36:11 PM »

First, let me state that I'm writing this message offline in response to the messages submitted at the moment; my time online is very limited, and so I apologize for any comments that may have been posted or revised before the sending of this message.

To clear up a few points: The Teacher/Student rule is official only for those taught by Darkshinobi. The scroll prohibits teaching, but simultaneously protects from intrusion via Human Path or other means.
I do urge it as a guideline for Bocchiere/Tsuyo/anyone they may teach, however; the skill loses meaning if too many know of its secrets.

As for Athos: I will consent to his learning the Hiraishin no Jutsu via backstory if he consents to having signed the scroll and all that comes with that action.
Furthermore, Naruto will have his memory of Hiraishin erased; even if he returns to S.L., he will not know of the skill.  I do not plan on ever increasing the number of people that know Hiraishin no Jutsu, if at-all possible.

To note some passing comment, the scroll was returned to Darkshinobi from the Hokage when Darkshinobi unlocked the contents for him.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2013, 05:33:10 AM »

As for Athos: I will consent to his learning the Hiraishin no Jutsu via backstory if he consents to having signed the scroll and all that comes with that action.
Furthermore, Naruto will have his memory of Hiraishin erased; even if he returns to S.L., he will not know of the skill.  I do not plan on ever increasing the number of people that know Hiraishin no Jutsu, if at-all possible.

This is fine with me. Thanks a bunch Dark ^^
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.