Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Obtainable Biju  (Read 9141 times)

sploofmoof

• View Profile
Re: Obtainable Biju
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 02:20:21 AM »

The Kyuubi currently has a 2% chance to show up in the stables, I do not believe that this rate is affected by the rates of other mounts, given that almost all of the mounts can potentially show up in the stables on the same game day, while on others there'd only be the standard Gama's And Ton-Ton.

Unless my gaming experience has been a lie.

I believe Neji lowered it from 2% to 1.5% the same day he had changed it to 2% xD

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 08:28:05 AM »

If you get tired of playing the game, then RP (even garden RP, or just play around near the fountain or something). If you get tired of that/ can't do it, then bye.

I'm only partially joking with that comment. The whole goal in-game is to get all the resets and basically be very powerful. Just becuase you have all the resets doesn't make you the strongest, though I would be hard pressed to prove that point. More importantly, the biju as additional mounts shoudln't be shot down necessarily becuase it might affect the rates of them appearing.

If you want it bad enough, you'll sit on your couch every morning, noon, and evening to check whether or not your prize is in the stables. If you don't want it that bad, then go search for something else to collect.

Making them equivalent to resets would literally exclude everyone who has gotten a reset so far, unless they intend to swap their KG's for an in-game bijuu with such detrimental effects as already mentioned. Dunno about you, but the only swapping thing I would personally do would be to swap mine for Uchiha, level up to 3, then swap back to Sage and go from there.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »

I believe Neji lowered it from 2% to 1.5% the same day he had changed it to 2% xD

Goddamn it, Neji.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »

You just have to keep looking for the fox. Took me four months to get it the first time i maxed kg's then when the sages were introduced another two months of constant checking *got lucky*

As for my take on becoming jinchuuriki ingame like a reset i agree with the other vets. It's pointless and pretty much every possible advantage you can get in game can already be accomplished via a combo of reborns and mounts.
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Shuichi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 04:05:02 AM »

I wasn't really intending to suggest the Jinchuriki idea as an additional advantage. I just thought it would be cool and that Jinchuriki should play a larger role in game play. The Jinchuriki suggestion or making Kyuubi/Shukaku limited to particular circumstances besides luck would be one possible method to making biju more involved in game play (like maybe having to have a certain stat requirement, items, etc. to encounter a chance to have the biju mounts) or turning it into a special forest event with similar chances as the stables, but based also on stats/pre-requisites like how the CS event functions.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »

I wasn't really intending to suggest the Jinchuriki idea as an additional advantage. I just thought it would be cool and that Jinchuriki should play a larger role in game play. The Jinchuriki suggestion or making Kyuubi/Shukaku limited to particular circumstances besides luck would be one possible method to making biju more involved in game play (like maybe having to have a certain stat requirement, items, etc. to encounter a chance to have the biju mounts) or turning it into a special forest event with similar chances as the stables, but based also on stats/pre-requisites like how the CS event functions.

Bro we get that but you're not listening to us. The permanant kyuubi is rare as it is. Not only does one require luck but also the gems, gold and dk requirement to obtain it. If you want something rarer than that you'd have to look at the rasengan or something.
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 08:54:06 PM »

Bro we get that but you're not listening to us. The permanant kyuubi is rare as it is. Not only does one require luck but also the gems, gold and dk requirement to obtain it. If you want something rarer than that you'd have to look at the rasengan or something.

^ This with a huge plus.

Shuichi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 11:28:24 PM »

Ok, so be it. But I don't like when people put words in my mouth. I never asked for an additional advantage or for rarity. Again, you said, "The permanant kyuubi is rare as it is..." and "If you want something rarer than that you'd have to look at the rasengan or something." Again, to clarify myself for the TENTH time, I never asked a single time for more advantages or something rare. Please stop ignoring my posts and putting words in my mouth.

Thecurse

• Lets brush our cares away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 04:59:30 PM »

It'd be kinda fun to rp someone who have put stacks toward becoming a "Pseudo- Jinchuriki". Jist a thought you guys so don't bite my head off xD.
That way I think it could actually be implemented in game somewhat, and still have our regular Jinchuriki like Zen walking around with kyubi~ Of course it'd be limits rp-wise ect. but I just thought of it as being a fun new thought is all. :]
I used to be an adventurer like you...but then I took a slap to the face and woke up >>....dragons AREN'T real.

Shuichi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 08:11:53 PM »

Ok, I believe psuedo-jinchuriki resets are even more plausible. Good suggestion. I see no problem with this.

*Adds

I don't know if I can add quotes from other topics so I'll just put it here. Found this just now from a previous thread a while back.

"Just the thought of starting with a permanent Kyuubi makes me think that KG would be too powerful. Plus I don't think there would be hundreds of Jinchuuriki running around the Naruto world..."

1) Just because you restart with kyuubi doesn't mean it will be permanent, or that you will be able to use it to it's full potential or even go kyuubi-mode

2) It doesn't have to be too powerful. It could be like how it's presented in the show; a secondary source of chakra or boost in max chakra ( only available when out of original chakra, if you want) and/or a temporary buff in attack/defense and/or some minor attacks like when Naruto sometimes uses the chakra to attack, as seen in his CS-One tail fight with Sasuke way back when.

3) Just one reset wouldn't (and shouldn't) be "too powerful". Only a bit of chakra can leak through the seal at once, and one reset may unlock a max chakra boost, a second unlocking a stronger boost, a third/fourth/fifth giving a temp. attack/def. buff and maybe healing a bit like the kyuubi chakra tends to do

4) And there should be an option of using the chakra at a penalty, for example, losing max hp or just dying if over-used. If there was a 15 chakra kyuubi jutsu, for example, you could use it but you would take 100 damage per turn from your own kyuubi chakra, maybe 500 damage, lose 5 max hp per use, or lose 25-100% of your health and maybe or probably die.

4) We already have hundreds of EMS/Sage of the Six Paths/Perfect Sages/Special Kaguya/Mokuton/KG resets that are supposed to be unique and special, so if you would say that having multiple PSUEDO-jinchuriki is questionable, you might want to take a look at your own character which may have every single ability they never should really have in the first place. After all, you don't see hundreds of people running around with rinnegan/sage mod/EMS so I don't want to hear that special argument

5) If not, the KG could just be implemented as "Psuedo-Jinchuriki" and you just get a "Biju", no need to name it. You could choose to name it for 500-1000 DP in MHQ like your mount, and then choose your Biju name (could be based off one of the 9 in the series or you could make it your own, for fun or RP purposes)

So the Psuedo-Jinchuriki doesn't have to be Kyuubi, that was just for example. Like how Oro has kind of turned himself into a snake, you could kind of reset as a Psuedo-Jinchuriki with a sort of inner strength and call it whatever. It doesn't have to be a whole second kyuubi (though it would be cool if it was) and the attacks can be generalized if desired, or even custom-named like you can with your weapon and armor.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:20:50 PM by Shuichi »

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »

Ok, I believe psuedo-jinchuriki resets are even more plausible. Good suggestion. I see no problem with this.

*Adds

I don't know if I can add quotes from other topics so I'll just put it here. Found this just now from a previous thread a while back.

"Just the thought of starting with a permanent Kyuubi makes me think that KG would be too powerful. Plus I don't think there would be hundreds of Jinchuuriki running around the Naruto world..."

1) Just because you restart with kyuubi doesn't mean it will be permanent, or that you will be able to use it to it's full potential or even go kyuubi-mode

2) It doesn't have to be too powerful. It could be like how it's presented in the show; a secondary source of chakra or boost in max chakra ( only available when out of original chakra, if you want) and/or a temporary buff in attack/defense and/or some minor attacks like when Naruto sometimes uses the chakra to attack, as seen in his CS-One tail fight with Sasuke way back when.

3) Just one reset wouldn't (and shouldn't) be "too powerful". Only a bit of chakra can leak through the seal at once, and one reset may unlock a max chakra boost, a second unlocking a stronger boost, a third/fourth/fifth giving a temp. attack/def. buff and maybe healing a bit like the kyuubi chakra tends to do

4) And there should be an option of using the chakra at a penalty, for example, losing max hp or just dying if over-used. If there was a 15 chakra kyuubi jutsu, for example, you could use it but you would take 100 damage per turn from your own kyuubi chakra, maybe 500 damage, lose 5 max hp per use, or lose 25-100% of your health and maybe or probably die.

4) We already have hundreds of EMS/Sage of the Six Paths/Perfect Sages/Special Kaguya/Mokuton/KG resets that are supposed to be unique and special, so if you would say that having multiple PSUEDO-jinchuriki is questionable, you might want to take a look at your own character which may have every single ability they never should really have in the first place. After all, you don't see hundreds of people running around with rinnegan/sage mod/EMS so I don't want to hear that special argument

5) If not, the KG could just be implemented as "Psuedo-Jinchuriki" and you just get a "Biju", no need to name it. You could choose to name it for 500-1000 DP in MHQ like your mount, and then choose your Biju name (could be based off one of the 9 in the series or you could make it your own, for fun or RP purposes)

So the Psuedo-Jinchuriki doesn't have to be Kyuubi, that was just for example. Like how Oro has kind of turned himself into a snake, you could kind of reset as a Psuedo-Jinchuriki with a sort of inner strength and call it whatever. It doesn't have to be a whole second kyuubi (though it would be cool if it was) and the attacks can be generalized if desired, or even custom-named like you can with your weapon and armor.

It has already been spoken multiple times with regards to Bijus, Jinchuriki, and Pseudo-Jinchuriki. Like the Shinobi Legends Wiki has stated, "Neji has said that there is no fair way to include bijuu in SL, so do not expect them to ever be in the game." This includes Jinchuriki and Pseudo-Jinchuriki. Don't expect them to get added into the game, Neji has never intended to do so in the first place. Not now, not ever.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 10:05:52 PM »

If I had more time, I would really love to build that system in.

Though I see currently no benefit from it really that would make the mounts worse off.

It would basically be more like a KG, which we already have.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 04:59:25 PM »

If I had more time, I would really love to build that system in.

Though I see currently no benefit from it really that would make the mounts worse off.

It would basically be more like a KG, which we already have.

Inb4 said. The whole Biju thing has been spoken of a dozens of times. There is no fair way to add Bijus into the game, we got lots of Kekkei Genkai let alone lots of specially that can be acquired in the forest. I don't see any benefits on adding Bijus, Jinchurikis and etc into the game let alone adding more Kekkei Genkai into the game.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »

Mounts will get a rework on the test server first, we'll see if you like them :)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2013, 01:59:54 PM »

Mounts will get a rework on the test server first, we'll see if you like them :)

Let's hope the price for the Kyuubi hadn't increased, because the current price is already high enough. <.<
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.