Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Obtainable Biju  (Read 9132 times)

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
Re: Obtainable Biju
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 11:57:04 PM »

The Kyuubi is meant to be hard to get. It's an item that you go for after you're maxed out, you can get it whenever you want really, just have to save enough for it and wait.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 05:49:53 PM »

Sorry for the revival but when I read this idea, it sounded interesting.
And I saw an RP application of this. Forget, pseudo-jinchuuriki.

People can use and transform this into an extension of themselves for those who RP having a demon sealed within them.

For example, I have an inner demon named Zilla. (http://meibio.webs.com/specialabilities.htm)

All this feature will do is bring people's RP "inner demon" into the game, with the hopes of naming this "biju/inner demon" as the one you have in character.

I guess it's like another level of bringing RP and In-game together.

But I guess in the end, it's kinda like being a pseudo-jinchuuriki.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 09:14:20 PM »

Consider that the mounts in-game already don't coincide with the RP-element of the game; having the Kyuubi mount does not make you have Kyuubi.

Naming your mounts is fine, but I don't think you can change the entire label; I.E. naming your Pakkun only "Kyuubi".

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2013, 01:59:57 AM »

God knows what will occur when those who don't claim an inner demon have this feature made open to them...

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 03:31:17 AM »

Consider that the mounts in-game already don't coincide with the RP-element of the game; having the Kyuubi mount does not make you have Kyuubi.

Naming your mounts is fine, but I don't think you can change the entire label; I.E. naming your Pakkun only "Kyuubi".

Good point. But I havent seen anyone claiming such. That's like an unwritten rule where you can't claim your mount for RP purposes unless you happen to have a RP summoning contract of the same kind of animal. E.g., If you have the mount Gamabunta and you have a RP summoning contract with toads. >.>

Also, this feature may be similar to a mount but it's not a mount. This feature is more permanent since you wont ever lose it after a reset. Perhaps the idea of losing the ability to get a mount in exchange of obtaining this feature, where at max resets, its ability is comparable to the Kyuubi mount (if not better).

It can potentially erase or "format" the mount system completely.
You would have the option of choosing: attack-focused (80/20), defense-focused (20/80), or balanced (completely 50/50, 60/40 atk, or 40/60 def).

It can have 6 ~ 8 resets. If at max resets, we're getting a companion comparable to Kyuubi, it should be just as tough to get.

EDIT: Actually it would be good to keep the current mount system if this feature gets implemented, while the cost of it can be same as the Kyuubi.

God knows what will occur when those who don't claim an inner demon have this feature made open to them...

True. They would have the option to implement in their RP bio. I mean, it would be no different than what happened with the other KGs. >.>
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:14:30 PM by Mei »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2013, 04:32:36 AM »

Speaking of this topic, me and Gyu came up with a pretty good system for a 'Jinchuriki' Reset scheme. However like Neji, we realised there is no real point to it.

However, on the subject of Biju as mounts though, do any of you keep an eye on the test server? Perhaps check the stables there every now and again? ;)

If you don't see anything, and you ask me really nicely, I might just be able to help you.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 09:02:42 PM »

Speaking of this topic, me and Gyu came up with a pretty good system for a 'Jinchuriki' Reset scheme. However like Neji, we realised there is no real point to it.

However, on the subject of Biju as mounts though, do any of you keep an eye on the test server? Perhaps check the stables there every now and again? ;)

If you don't see anything, and you ask me really nicely, I might just be able to help you.

Aww, can I hear about the system you two created at least? o.o

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2013, 12:36:18 AM »

If you really want, and I remember most of it. Also it may be a little like the other idea proposed, but I only skim read it so I'm not sure how alike they are.

First of all, the key component was the Biju mounts, which I have included on the test server. In order to get the Jinchuriki 'KG' if you wish to call it that, you would have to reach the reset level of kills, and have one of the Biju as your mount. Then you would reset as the Jinchuriki of that Biju.

Now of course the Biju would be of different strengths, ie Gobi < Kyuubi, but there would be other advantages to picking a lower Biju, such as the lower Biju not being as rare or hard to get, and also you can master the full power easier.

Now each reset you would master two tails, or one of the last if you're an uneven tail number. Each tail beast would start with a basic few moves, ie Sunaton for Ichibi, Yoton for Yonbi, etc. You instantly get the Biju's buff constantly all gameday as well, in addition to any other mount, though you can't have another Biju as your mount.

After a kills, you can use the tails you've mastered, V1 form, where you get the bubbly chakra cloak for a buff. Once you get to 30+ or so kills, you get the V2 forms of though tails as well. After 50+ you can use a Biju bomb in V2, the power determined by how many tails you are currently at.

Once you master the tails, you get one last reset, which allows you to follow transform into the Biju, and use the full power Biju bomb too.

Example reset patter, using Gobi.
-Reset 1: Obtain basic jutsu, constant Gobi mount buff. Obtain V1 and V2 forms for tails 1 and 2.
-Reset 2: V1 and V2 for tails 3 and 4.
-Reset 3: V1 and V2 for tail 5.
-Reset 4: Complete transformation.

We were thinking of other requirements, like no other KGs to get this, or sacrificing a fully completed one to start this, maybe a higher DK limit to reset as well.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 03:33:07 AM »

Sounds cool to me. *loads his shotgun so he can kill the first person that suggests this is how bijuu mastery should be handled in rp*

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2013, 04:19:59 AM »

Sounds cool to me. *loads his shotgun so he can kill the first person that suggests this is how bijuu mastery should be handled in rp*

*Gets a baseball bat* I think a shotgun is a bit overkill... And besides, a suggestion never hurts, although this is impractical for RP, it isn't a terrible idea for in-game reasons.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2013, 06:30:03 AM »

Yeah I agree it should be used for RP purposes, but really there is no need for the KG full stop really. Too many already, and we sure what that did to RP.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2014, 12:31:12 AM »

How about if a new mount is rewarded instead of a bloodline via reborning? We could also implement the stacking system on the mount reset, and have the mount become more powerful and get more rounds per stack. This, to me, sounds like a much better idea than just adding bijuu without any hard work.

As to how the status of the mount reset would look like in biographies, I think it shouldn't have a name. Biographies already tell you what kind of mount you have.

I also think there should be several mounts (let's say 3?) to choose from as a reset; it could be 3 different and separate mount resets for all I care. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:47:38 AM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.