Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

Should the character Uetto Senju be voided.

Void
- 6 (20.7%)
Don't Void
- 23 (79.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Voiding Uetto Senju  (Read 6379 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Voiding Uetto Senju
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:05 PM »

No. Even suggesting this was idiotic. You won't be voided because, as people have said in this topic, you train A LOT for every thing you have. Now, granted others do too but you've trained for RL years to claim what you do. The only reason that any one would want to void you is because they're mad. At what I don't know but that's the only thing I can think of.

^ This

I've seen your posts Kirk around Shinobi Legends and I can validate that you trained for your physical prowess, Taijustu, Ninjutsu and Chakra Gates.
But here's one thing that still bothers me to this date, how does a Half-breed (half-Senju|half-Uzumaki) gain the infamous Uchiha doujutsu then somehow evolve it to the point of the Rinnegan without suffering the repercussions of seniority aka old age?
I was under the assumption from looking at all the information from the anime and Manga that only those with Senju/Uchiha/Uzumaki DNA but mainly pure-bred Uchihas have that chance of gaining these special eyes.
Either way Kirk, I am just letting you know I voted no on this.
Considering the RP of today and the amount of resets one can gain with sufficient leveling, anybody can be the next Rikudou or Madara.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »

Voiding people should only be done in extreme circumstances, and generally only if the person realizes that they are upsetting others with their playstyle and refuses to give a damn.  And you are not that, certainly.

Everyone pretty much stated the reasons, your training etc, etc.

And the fact that you'd even risk accepting opinions from the community to decide your characters fate.  Though, I will say you do have a few moves that could stand to be toned down.  But who doesn't?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »

This may be off topic but oh well. I think somewhere in reading through all of this I spotted the idea of people creating character profiles here on the forum that everyone could wage in on or perhaps the mods so that character can be de-buffed so to say and OPness can possible by stripped of SL.  I don't really see why anyone would not agree with that....

I believe that if everyone who is involved the villages' official rp (not trying to offend anyone there I know it is a touchy subject as some don't like to rp fighting and do more free lance rp; nothing wrong with that... this applies to use that rp protecting, attacking, ect) would jump on a ban wagon to do so it would benefit the site a lot. I for one would defiantly be down with it.... to be honest I would probably create a new character for such a thing (Uetto is who he is and I never want that to be any different then it is).

We could split the profiles up to characters in certain villages and a spot for Missing-nin, meaning they aren't all in one big clump and easier to locate. I know Yumei had created the wiki but it would be easier to edit and maintain here on the form in my thoughts.

This is if we coudl get everyone on board with such an idea.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 01:11:09 AM »

The wiki does have talk/discussion pages (and the forum there) readily accessible on every character/jutsu page there. Really (in my opinion), it'd be more conventional to carry/coordinate specific arguments concerning techniques and the sort there, rather than here (especially when the characters and techniques in question are listed up there).

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 01:24:29 AM »

I wasn't aware. I get lost when I go to the Wiki lol. Anyways, if it has all of that then yeah the wiki would work perfect for the idea. The question is would everyone be willing to suffer debuffs in order to follow this?

Also, I would like to add here that I am very honored for all the support I have been shown. I also have been placing a lot of thought into retiring Uetto... I did get 5 void votes... to me a rp community needs to be together as a whole and if one person voids me then that effects all rp and I wouldn't want such a thing. I never aimed to make Uetto into some sort of SL powerhouse be any means or to become some great fighter, I just always aimed to be the best I could be and to make Uetto that way in order to protect Konoha... if that way my down fall in anyways then I embrace it with honor and pride knowing I did what I always set out to do. However, I think it is time that perhaps I got back to my old ways, sense I seemed to have gotten sidetracked with this gaining of Rinnegan & advanced Mokuton, were I tried to not have an OP character by any means and prove myself through my rp skills. I am aware I am not the greatest zoner/fighter, but that just means I will have to train and practice that much harder. I truly do thank each and everyone of you for your comments and votes but I believe it is time I do retire Uetto Senju....... plus I have always been a one account kind of person, that I rp with, and it has long been my dream to create a character that evolves around close-combat. Yeah, I think it is time Kirk got back to being Kirk.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 02:30:58 AM »

For those of you in Konoha higher-ups you already know my answer to voiding Kirk is the same as the majority. Hell to the friggen no. Not only do I not like voiding people, Kirk certainly has worked for most everything, if not everything, that he has acquired both IC and in-game. I do some stuff, but I can't say I am as dedicated as Kirk on the matter.

Most of what could be said has already been stated. Though, believe it or not, I would actually be against the profile reviewing. People can check my profile and know that I have many custom techniques (including all of my mounts' custom techniques as well) and have even started to pass a few of them down. Call me a bit arrogant if it pleases you, but I went over and created most of the techniques with a bit of care, so most of them are not even borderline OP (even if they do stretch what has been strictly, canonically depicted at times), and those that are do not cross the border (in my opinion). Despite this, anyone who would want RP with us would have to likely submit one of these profiles.

I know some people who have some stuff that might would get some negative scrutiny when put under the microscope of the 'elitists'. Heck, I probably have some stuff that could fall under that lenses as well. If we're going to start moderating the very profiles of other players, then I say enough of SL: Bring the RP to the forum instead of splurging it into the game itself. Hardcore on the forum, everything else on the game.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 12:20:21 AM »

Only Ranketsu could think of such a thing. Anything Ranketsu spouts should be ignored in general as she does not know how Naruto works, nor how to rp in a Naruto game. According to her the Preta Path does not absorb chakra, opening the first gate makes you as fast as full power Raiton no Yoroi, and she thinks she can be made of "pure water" and thus be a Hozuki with no weakness, even though she would be inundated with the particles of dust and dirt constantly in the air. I fought her ONCE, and I could go on and on like this, sheesh.

Anyway, yeah, Kirk is OP. Then again so is Yumei and all his alts, so is Zen, so is Nathan, so was Rare, so is anybody with full resets and the half a brain required to use them. It's not hard to be OP. With all I am seeing here Kirk does seem to be on the way to being as OP as I was, I know he wants some of the legendary weapons I had too. But he is allowed to do that just as I was. I was just an ass, not more than anyone else, just a public one, Kirk is actually cool though.

I do like how the people that cannot rp, like Pete (Imma control a bijuu with drugs, and do 6 actions a post then call you out on 4!) all think Kirk should be voided though, trolololol. 

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »

Neji isn't the one promoting roleplay, nor necessarily providing an ample amount of support for it either, Kayenta.

If you're going to be creating a thread for every character on this forum, then I ask that you not include any of my characters. If anybody has a problem with them then do so on their respective, wikia (talk) pages. That is all regarding that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 02:08:02 PM »

I apologize, I thought the gesture had been quite serious in the making...

Nevertheless, if this is going to divulge into another topic, then maybe another thread. Just seeing 'void Uetto Senju' in bold frightens meh...
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »

Figured that would get some negative feedback which is what I wanted so I could point out... SL is a place were you are allowed to be creative and to aspire for such outrageous characters (that many have). That is what makes SL, SL. The reason I staid at SL all these years is because when I joined SL you didn't have to be some character you just had to be yourself. The person that was behind the screen is what mattered and that is what made SL great. These rules on things have placed a burden on the freedom SL once had. Are rules needed? Well of course, but like I have said before a line must be drawn somewhere. Don't destroy the creativity and freedom SL allows to its rpers.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »

Neji isn't the one promoting roleplay, nor necessarily providing an ample amount of support for it either, Kayenta.

You are well aware that Shinobi Legends was never intended to be a RolePlaying site. Right? It was never intended to be a RolePlaying site, nor was it ever meant to be in the present days. Go ahead and ask Neji, I think even he would say it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:27:46 PM by Seiya Namikaze »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 10:56:49 PM »

You are well aware that Shinobi Legends was never intended to be a RolePlaying site. Right? It was never intended to be a RolePlaying site, nor was it ever meant to be in the present days. Go ahead and ask Neji, I think even he would say it.

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 11:17:02 PM »

Yes, Yumei... Yes, I do.

Anyways; The main quandary is that most people on Shinobi Legends, if not all, forgot the purpose of RolePlay. If I would like to recall you guys again, RolePlay is a hobby, an escape from reality and something that should be enjoyed. Like Kirk said, Shinobi Legends is a place where you are allowed to be creative and imaginative. Shinobi Legends is a place where you can express your freedom and RolePlay whenever the hell it suits you, not when someone comes in and adds various of rules and regulations of whatever his or her's ideal RP World should look like.

If the said person wants to establish his or her's utopia RP World, then my recommendation is that that they leave Shinobi Legends this instant and goes to something else like a Forum RP that can fulfill his or her's wishes. To be frank, those kind of people are the worst kind of RolePlayers you can encounter in my eyes, and these words are coming from a veteran who has been RolePlaying since the late 90's.

I actually feel pretty bad for Kirk as he had to retire his character he has been RolePlaying as for a good while just because some people are quite displeased of his abilities. If I would like to recall, there are other people out there even more overpowered than Uetto or Bocchiere. It is not only these two I've mentioned exclusive.

If so, then we can just call everyone "overpowered", "God-modder", "Messiah-modder" and such and go back to Shinobi Legends' original RP and drop all kinds of Kekkei Genkai (even Hachimon) and say we are only permitted on using original techniques we have to create. How do you guys say about this, huh? You wouldn't like it, just as much as any person wouldn't like his or her's character being voided or abandoned for the satisfaction of everyone on SL and those who are affiliated with it's RP Community. Scold me, ignore me and hate me for this comment, I don't care really. I am holding myself committed to my words and I regret nothing on what I just said.

To the topic; I say no of Uetto being voided, though, I do believe his character in general, shall get nerfed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:11:57 AM by Seiya Namikaze »

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »

Well he has changed his account name and retired Uetto.

It annoys me that because some people made comments about it that he has put Uetto away.

To be made to feel that all you have done is to make of yourself a big joke that need to be deleted...

well there is essentially something wrong there and I hope the ones responsible are happy with themselves.

Damn straight.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 12:56:49 AM »

I think the points have been made, and this thread could be locked... Since Uetto has gone and replaced his dear character.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.