Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ya feeling Froggy Ninja?  (Read 7443 times)

Luka

• View Profile
Re: Ya feeling Froggy Ninja?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 06:04:58 AM »

That doesn't change the fact that Preta Path has been seen soaking up Sage Jutsu seemingly with no effect. Absorbing the chakra from a stationary sage while he's gathering natural energy is the only thing that has shown to work like that.

Besides, "Sage Mode is the result of using natural energy along with a ninja's normal chakra to drastically empower all their abilities."

Taking in nature energy and mixing it with your chakra is  by definition what makes Sage Mode. Sage Mode takes training, it takes conscious direction to balance the chakra and nature energy, thus allowing them to use natural energy safely.  If a person were to try to 'preserve' their nature energy without mixing it with their chakra, they'd turn into a statue.

"If the user draws in too much natural energy, they run the risk of transforming into a toad, then into stone. If the petrification is completed, it cannot be reversed."

Again, Natural Energy, not Senjutsu chakra.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 03:36:55 PM »

Similar to many of the 'poison' chakra types that are here and there in SL, the consequences of absorbing senjutsu are different depending on the situation. The Path has been sucking up senjutsu techniques with seemingly no effect in no small part because the senjutsu is being expended as the technique lasts; even a sage mode technique eventually dies out.

Natural energy is a component of senjutsu chakra; you cannot get one without the other. Similarly with absorbing just regular chakra, you would absorb  more chakra directly from the source than from a constantly expending energy machine, same applies here.

Without a doubt, there is a large capacity of jutsu that can be sucked up before turning to stone, but a limit does exist. Neither of the sages we saw in the series, when they faced off with the path, used an incredibly large amount of ninjutsu against them (numerically or, compared to the amount of natural energy is in a single perfect or imperfect sage mode transformation), especially once they realized that ninjutsu would do no good against them.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »

Doesn't contribute to the topic at hand despite being a Sage Mode user. Problem?

Lel.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 08:39:52 PM »

Everything I've seen on the matter, and there have been several places, all specifically stated that nature energy is dangerous unless it's been properly balanced with one's chakra (by a sage). Once that happens, the nature energy is no longer dangerous in that manner

Similar to if you have a powerful acid. By itself, it'll burn your skin off. Mix in some vinegar, and now you have salt water. You're arguing once dangerous, always dangerous; that if you leave your hand in salt water, it'll burn you because it was an acid at one point in time. It doesn't work like that. Being mixed with other things changes the nature of the substance.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 09:43:54 PM »

The salt water would still shrivel your hand up over time, not to mention that it would still burn if you had an open wound (perhaps not right through your hand, but you get the picture). While not as dangerous in the same quantity as the source material(s), it is still dangerous. You can't ingest large amounts of salt water, the acid, or vineager (or at least I don't drink the last one in earnest...) without getting a negative side effect.

When chakra is absorbed, it becomes the absorber's chakra, most likely through the breaking down and processing of the chakra by dividing its components back into their most basic states to remove the influence the victim would have had on said chakra. As a result, if natural energy were to be taken in in a similar fashion, then over time it would have the same effects as if the absorber attempted to directly take in natural energy with a bit of a nerf depending on the circumstances.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 12:18:26 AM »

Absorbing Sage Mode jutsu = Safe
Absorbing Natural Energy (absorbing straight from a Sage or Kata strikes) = Not Safe
Why does this need to go any farther then that?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »

Because absorbing senjutsu is not 'safe' in the sense that you can absorb it all day, that's why. You can't absorb it all day long without suffering repercussions.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »

Well the Preta Path absorbed all of Jiraiya's jutsu, and they were all massive. The only thing different about Imperfect Sage Mode is that his chakra is not balanced perfectly, so according to you guys his chakra should  be more dangerous to absorb than Naruto's. But the Preta Path still absorbed a colossal Rasengan, an ocean of fiery oil, etc.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 08:17:18 AM »

Absorbing Sage Mode jutsu = Safe
Absorbing Natural Energy (absorbing straight from a Sage or Kata strikes) = Not Safe
Why does this need to go any farther then that?

I second this. Like stated, Sage Enhanced Jutsu were absorbed with no side effect at all.... it was not until the drainage from the Sage user them self directly that the side effects took place.

I think this theory or whatever you wish to call it was proved in plain sight through the manga/anime.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »

Since his chakra is not balanced perfectly, then he would have to have less natural energy in his senjutsu chakra than a perfected user; anymore natural energy than he could control and he would be petrified by that logic.

If he were to have just as much as a perfected version, then the 'inbalanced' bit would have to contribute to the partial transformation to a frog, since he wouldn't be able to use it in the same way a perfected user could. So, with all of that mixing in the water, his attacks would have possessed less natural energy than that of a perfected user's attacks of the same strength and scale.

Again, while the Path may be able to absorb a large amount, the Path should not be capable of absorbing an infinite amount without reprecussions.

P.S

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-440-5/naruto/chapter-435.html

Crap visual quality, but the print is there. The Path absorbed too much of Naruto's senjutsu chakra and underwent petrification. Based on the visuals shown in the previous page or two, we're talking one of Naruto's entire sage modes.

As a sort of compromise, since it apparently took an entire sage mode (which in SL is like what, 3 turns of gathering natural energy?) to stone the Path, then the average sage technique is safer (not entirely safe) to absorb senjutsu from.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:07:03 AM by Eric »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 06:03:46 AM »

This topic is at least a 7/10 on my scale of unneeded discussions. 10/10 being the one before where Kage and some other people wanted to make it where you lost the passive bijuu abilities upon it's extraction because someone might try and get all 9 bijuu, host them all one at a time, and then extract them to get all the passive powers. Because THAT is what you need to worry about if someone gets all 9 bijuu.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 01:53:13 PM »

This topic is at least a 7/10 on my scale of unneeded discussions. 10/10 being the one before where Kage and some other people wanted to make it where you lost the passive bijuu abilities upon it's extraction because someone might try and get all 9 bijuu, host them all one at a time, and then extract them to get all the passive powers. Because THAT is what you need to worry about if someone gets all 9 bijuu.

I fail to see what you are trying to say. "uneeded" discussions meaning what? A question was asked, and in an attempt to get the correct answer, several answers were given and discussed, some more heavily than others. 

How much senjutsu can a Preta Path user absorb was the original question, and it has been answered. A sage mode's worth of senjutsu, meaning that if you were intending on trapping a Preta Path user with that strategy, you would need to use all of your sage mode to do so, not just partial.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »

I find it funny how people are claiming a Tailed Beast's power, while Gaara is the only Jinchuriki shown to keep his powers to manipulate sand. Even without the Shukaku. And it wasn't because he was the Shukaku's Jinchuriki that he could manipulate sand, it was because of his mother's love that he could freely manipulate sand. <<

People are surely desperate to gain power nowadays. Particularly a Tailed Beast's power.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2013, 03:43:10 PM »

No sand manipulation was from Shukaku, it was the automatic shield of sand that was his mother's love.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 04:04:26 AM »

So his Mom is 'in' the sand?
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.