Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Otogakure as a Village?

Yes
- 15 (88.2%)
No
- 1 (5.9%)
Indifferent
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Otogakure as village of birth  (Read 17037 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Otogakure as village of birth
« on: May 19, 2013, 08:29:50 PM »

I searched the topics but found nothing suitable to post to, so am starting my own thread.

I wish to see Otogakure be reinstated to village status for the purpose of claiming that as my race of origin.

I have a sitter who is a Sound nin who no longer has an academy to attend in order to change elemental affinity. Essentially, the decommissioning of Oto as village with all the amenities has halted his ability to progress.

There is also no longer forest access from Oto and running turns requires travel in order to reach the forest and there is no bank to deposit gold within. Additionally, those who sleep in the forests of Oto are immune to pvp as there is no access to the fields there.

Does anyone else feel that there is a need to put Oto back up to full village status?

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Otogakure as village of birth
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:49:00 AM »

The same reason we took 'em out in the first place, I guess. People felt that it was unneeded to make into a village of birth since we asked for the main villages to be updated and used.

Also, someone back-check this for me, I don't think people are born into a sound shinobi. They're just integrated, yeh?

I get your concern, though. You want your ninja academy back. If anything, you can go to *a certain place* to change your race and then be able to go to the academy again.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:03:37 AM »

Trev, I, and others who actually used Oto as more than just to Dk, PvP also requested the village to be put back as a regular one. Why? Due to there being no 'evil' alignment village anymore. I thought that Iwa was going to be the new Oto, but seems not. I want the PvP back, the ability to choose Sound as a race and the scry option.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 03:33:45 AM »

yeah. It is just cool for me to have certain characters be Oto nins. So...changing their village of origins just isn't an option.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 06:25:58 PM »

Additionally, those who sleep in the forests of Oto are immune to pvp as there is no access to the fields there.

Not commenting or dismissing your other concerns, but the "safe haven" provided by Oto is the biggest problem I have with it.

I think if it is going to be left "as is", with Fields for PvP purposes, then there should be an unexplained teleportation jutsu cast where logging out "to the fields" in Oto causes you to randomly be sleeping in the fields of one of the five main cities.

Just a thought.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 04:53:31 PM »

I believe that Otogakure should be a village by birth too just as much as Konoha, Suna and etc like the others said. Also, I agree what most people are saying with the whole using Otogakure as a PvP escape. It has become one of the main difficulties on Shinobi Legends.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 01:39:12 PM »

I'd do it, but I'd also like having a single spot where you can "flee to" when you don't like PvP.

However, that spot should be limited.

Not by price per se, but by "having some trouble to get to it".

I could imagine spending turns for it, but due to buying turns on OK it can be hard to get the right amount.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »

I'd do it, but I'd also like having a single spot where you can "flee to" when you don't like PvP.

I could imagine spending turns for it, but due to buying turns on OK it can be hard to get the right amount.

What about the map to Otogakure event, eh? Otogakure was intended to be a secret village that had to be discovered. That event isn't really that special anymore as you don't need the map to gain access to Otogakure. You can simply just head towards Otogakure.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:47:16 PM by Megumi Yuki »

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »

What about the map to Otogakure event, eh? Otogakure was intended to be a secret village that had to be discovered. That event isn't really that special anymore as you don't need the map to gain access to Otogakure. You can simply just head towards Otogakure.

Uhm, what? you agreed on having Oto become a regular village again, by making it 'secret' those who want to claim it as home would have to spend 100 gems just to get to it? Unless you take that option out for those who choose it. However that would also severely kill rp in that village. We switched Oto with Iwa and kicked in Kumo. Yet Kumo is less active than Oto still and Iwa is also less active rp-wise. I say just, as this topic asks, make it a village of birth again.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 02:17:39 AM »

All of my yes into this topic. Give me back Oto and the evil anbu  :evil:

Please  :cry:
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Shindō

• In the process of restoring character for good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 04:42:31 AM »

I have no opinion on whether Otogakure becomes a village or not...although technically, according to Narutopedia, it isn't really a village. Called a village as a disguise for Oro's labs. Also, note that most Otogakure shinobi originally come from different Lands beyond the Land of Sound (formerly known as Rice Field). Oto has no academy now, so no shinobi of their own. They had in the past, but probably died out when they tried to invade Konoha. The only remaining ones are lab experiments who obey Oro.

Anyways, now that i let that out, my only problem is the PvP "safe haven" thing. I don't believe there should be such thing as a safe zone. You can hide, but you shouldn't be able to completely disappear...(perhaps, unless you are capable of Kamui)
Love is like a box of chocolate. It is yummy!

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 05:05:07 AM »

I have no opinion on whether Otogakure becomes a village or not...although technically, according to Narutopedia, it isn't really a village. Called a village as a disguise for Oro's labs. Also, note that most Otogakure shinobi originally come from different Lands beyond the Land of Sound (formerly known as Rice Field). Oto has no academy now, so no shinobi of their own. They had in the past, but probably died out when they tried to invade Konoha. The only remaining ones are lab experiments who obey Oro.

Anyways, now that i let that out, my only problem is the PvP "safe haven" thing. I don't believe there should be such thing as a safe zone. You can hide, but you shouldn't be able to completely disappear...(perhaps, unless you are capable of Kamui)

Just....I..
This game ISN'T meant to be CANON TO THE SHOW. If that were the case then your 'Uchiha' name would be void.

There is another safe haven besides Oto it's called Hoshi. Only Sannin +, but it still effectively makes you safe since very few go there anymore.

Shindō

• In the process of restoring character for good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 07:00:20 AM »

My Uchiha name is void in-game. I changed it when the Uchiha Ichizoku first appeared. Even paid money for it.

But yeh, I wonder why Hoshi too...at first, I thought Hoshi was a sympathy-made type of place. I thought that once you get to Sannin, it gets harder and harder to level with the type of Forest dudes that pop up or the players of similar rank who have crazy high attack and defense that just stay as they are to gain up on PvPs.....But then I realized, same the PvP stuff is what matters and the PvP thing also happens in the lower ranks...

Maybe, it is because Sannins are supposed to be like the Sannins in canon = bloody hard to find.
Love is like a box of chocolate. It is yummy!

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 11:17:11 AM »

Shindo you're killing me. This IS NOT THE NAUTOVERSE. It's SL. Unless stated otherwise nothing connects.

Hoshi is a place you get when you attain Sannin. Why? Back in the old days blah blah. I'm on my phone and this forum sucks for it.

God

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »

Remember when they held gems, the good days.
I LOVE TIFFANY
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.