Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Outlaw permanent Character Death  (Read 4679 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Outlaw permanent Character Death
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 07:35:19 AM »

I have personally worked and trained Uetto for every skill he has learned somewhere in my years of SL. I did jsut change his resets though as I plan to nerf his huge arsenal and get rid of Sharingan and Rinnegan (that is off topic though).

This whole people die but don't stay dead thing to me seems out of whack but hell who am I to tell others how to run their character.

I have spent my entire time at SL devoted to one character. Lucky I have never had him killed off.... but Uetto's whole purpose is to die in honor of serving Konoha. One day I am sure someone will kill him and that will be the end of it. To be honest I will probably hang up my rp hat on that day but who truly knows.

I can accept character death on my own part but I don't think anyone has the right to tell others how to run their characters at SL. SL is a free rp place that isn't governed by big rules like that and I think it is just fine.

As for Biju Battles well this is how I see it. I got my tailed beast to use it to protect Konoha. I make all zone fights OOC because it is not logic for me to make Uetto just up and fight at random... a biju challenge to me is a zone match just with more to loss then zoning pride. If you come take my Biju from me in character then yeah I would kill of Uetto... but I am not gonna do so because of some OOC fight that plays no role to the plot line I follow with my character. It just makes no sense for a character to randomly die in an event that had nothing to do with the current plot they are following. So basically if you want Uetto dead then invade Konoha or catch him doing something IC to take him out. OOC is OOC for a reason.

edit in: If you have a problem with that then I ask you this, how often do you all feed your character? 99% of all characters would be dead already from not eating. When I am not stuck in a rp situation that makes one rp day go on for an extended amount of time or away from SL. I make my character eat everyday, if nothing more then an apple he eats. So if you think me losing an OOC fight should kill my character then I think you not feeding your character should be the same.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:39:57 AM by UettoSenju »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:56 PM »

Seriously?

1] Well there is the mundane visit...with or without food...in any village.
2] grab a student and force them to learn something!
3] go questing for any number of items: weapons, armor, scrolls, potions, ingredients, or rare beasts.
4] go out on rescue missions
5] throw a party
6] have a game of chase across the land
7] make a poker run
8] have a race
9] sail the sea
10] learn to play the fiddle badly and tick off the neighbors
11]white wash the walls of the village again
12] go fishing
13] go hunting
14] fly a kite
15] decorate the hero statue in Ninja Central
16] vandalize something
17] go to the gardens and omg...post a complete sentence.
18] meet someone at the ramen shop and plot
19] stay out of Osa's. it is under construction cause Sabumaru blew a hole in the side running from an angry mob.
20] pay the rent on the clan hall you used during your exile from Konoha!

As you can see...the list goes on and on....

Rent? I don't recall you mentioning the R word when I first moved in...

For at least half of your suggestions, I would need someone else to RP with, which can be a bit of a chore on occasions, while for others I would either need someone to GM it or just go do it myself, which also gets a bit dull over time. Not everyone can just walk up to some random person and go 'yo, let's have a race!' and expect to have a race in the next few minutes.

Even so, RP is hardly any fun when the people you always RP with include yourself, some inactives, and serious RPers. Or at least I feel I'm in that kind of rut, be it true or not.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 02:31:17 PM »

... And Eric? I guess we all get into a rut now and then, but yes...I am saying grab a random stranger and RP something. When you first came here you didn't know a soul but somehow stuff got started.

And that is how you get more people to be active. Sure...lots of people are gonna say no I have stuff to do or go away ya big creep! But some will say, yeah. That sounds great, let's go!

All I know is that if you do not go out and ask people then you can be sure they will not RP with you.

When I first came here I got some of my first connections plundering and PvPing. ^_^ Back then people were a little less than happy to be PvP'ed or have their dwellings plundered. Not to mention I made an instant connection with someone, but she's left the SL realm now, possibly for good. Maybe my own squireliness contributed to that, but that's for another discussion.

Times are different. Though...

...All I know is that if you do not go out and ask people then you can be sure they will not RP with you.

I can't argue with that logic. Not even with a dictionary. :( It makes me bittersweet to say that.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »

Character development. It isn't about character deaths in general only. It is also about character developement. Kirk, I can understand that you've trained your characters for years and Biju battles shouldn't be death enabled unless it's IC, that's plausible. But there are certain circumstances where you simply can't avoid a death enabled battle. Like I said before, most of the characters on Shinobi Legends, if not all, suffers from lack of character development. Your character is a shinobi; a veteran in the battlefield, a person who has to endure lots of wars, an assassin. He has to be fully prepared for a battle as he is a ninja. And he has to accept the fact that he can die in a battle anytime soon. You don't know when your character is going to get attacked or ganged up on and killed at last.

Death is one of the biggest development for a character. No, not for just one character. Every other character your character has interacted with. Your character's death will either leave a small scar or a huge impact on the other characters. Whether your character is good, evil or has no heroic virtue.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:08:53 PM by Megumi Yuki »

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 11:38:45 PM »

It's been said before. You CANT kill anyone just because you want to. If you could Bocc would've been all over the camel place. Does that take away from the reality of Naruto? Yes, it does. These rules are more to protect those who are just starting in rp or are not that good at it.

Like, lets take Yujo. He challenged a GM Uchiha to a death match knowing the guy can't rp worth camel. With the option of saying 'No, just a spar. No death' he could've stayed alive. However he agreed to death and Yujo got a free GM Uchiha heart out of it.

Don't like it? Then go and kill Yujo or anyone else who doesn't suit your fancy.

It's like this from what I've seen; Those who are willing to kill someone are willing to be killed if challenged. If I went and challenged Bocc, Yujo, Trev, anyone that kills other players to a death match they will not decline.

Edit: Watch the language, please. ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:49:11 PM by Camel »
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 05:10:09 PM »

The simple middle ground is here; you go into a death-enabled fight or situation, and that's how it's done. Otherwise, you got a say whether you die or not, the stance of which should probably be clear from the very beginning of the battle. 

That seems to be the way it is, and likely the way that it will stay.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 09:45:25 PM »

19] stay out of Osa's. it is under construction cause Sabumaru blew a hole in the side running from an angry mob.

Oh yeah I did do that.
Whoooopsies~

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.