Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Otogakure Tournament  (Read 5541 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Otogakure Tournament
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:50:24 PM »

So, some of you might be aware from my recent messaging, that Otogakure will soon be hosting a tournament, organized by myself in an attempt to stir up some activity.

While I was contemplating ideas for such an event, my mind wandered to perhaps hosting a chuunin or jonin exam, but I feel that limited the number of participants. In the end, I decided to make use out of Otogakure's arena, and have a standard tournament.

Several villages have already welcomed the invite and are attending, while some are still gauging interest or waiting for more details on the event, which is the purpose of this thread.

This tournament will take place in the arena for Otogakure (rp arena, on top of a mountain) and the fights will consist of 1 v. 1. I'm hoping in regards to awards to get a dp donation going, and stealing an idea from Yumei here, but have the villages themselves offer awards to the contestants that represent them (I know I have a bunch planned for Otogakure members).

As for the rules, I haven't really decided that yet. I know I want most if not all ranks to be able to participate (with the exception of maybe kage). Death matches will be allowed, if both participants fighting agree to it, but are not the default option. Beyond that, I can't foresee any more rules.

While the tournament goes on, guest will be welcomed within Otogakure to rest and engage in other various role plays if they wish so. However, I wanted to note that is event is in rp, not ooc. Meaning, be prepared to defend yourself. Some villages or missing nin groups may try to plot some nefarious deeds. I'm not forbidding this, as I feel it adds an element to the rp, so tread cautiously and always be prepared!

Now, that I've told the basic idea, I open the floor to everyone else. I'm all for suggestions, tips, or anything to improve the event. This is my first time hosting something, so any help is appreciated. Once I have everything planned out, I'll open registration.

Also, since I can't always be on, I'm looking for 3-4 judges as well.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Otogakure Tournament
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 09:47:42 PM »

That sounds like a great idea to me. You should set up a whole festival around the tournament. I would also be happy to be one of the judges.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 10:17:05 PM »

A festival is exactly what I had planned! I'll keep you in mind for a judge as well!

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 10:35:29 PM »

I enjoy that this is IC, yey.  Though I probably won't be signing up to fight myself, I'll prolly be there.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 10:59:18 PM »

Already got some comments, perhaps I'll have a junior division tournament as well, for those ranked between acad-chuunin. Obviously if you have that rp rank, I won't make you fight in that tournament. Perhaps I'll have it as an option if some are interested in that, to create a more balanced fighting range.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 01:01:48 AM »

Has anyone ever host a round-robin kinda ordeal?
And I'd kinda like to see a free for all match to instead of just 1 vs 1. Maybe people can sign up for different fighting events? Just some thoughts to ponder on is all.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 02:06:52 AM »

Perhaps, I don't see why we can't have more of a variety. Though, I wouldn't want the free for all matches to be too big, due to slow posting times that sometimes happens with multiple people.

But, if I can a lot of users registering, I'm not opposed to multiple style tournaments.

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »

I wouldn't mind being a Judge.

I also can see the activity of SL grow with this function if all goes well, maybe for a period of time.
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 09:45:12 PM »

Alright, I'm going to open registration today. I plan on a week, maybe two week long registration process. Anyone interested in competing should mail myself and ask to participate in the junior division (Recommended rp rank, acad-chuunin) or the regular division.

Disclaimer: If enough slots do not fill up for the junior division, you will be merged with the regular (Sorry!) Also, I'm now accepting dp donations (Which I will keep track of, via here so nobody thinks I'm stealing. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT send dp to Trev, but rather Trevalt. Any dp sent to Trev cannot be refunded (Dp debt) so make extra sure if you're donating to send to Trevalt.

My judges will be contacted after registration, so feel free to still sign up for that, as I could use a few more. Also, any kage from any village offering additional prizes to their contestants should message me.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:35:30 AM by Trev »

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »

You should try to squeeze in tag matches. It's rare to see 2 v 2 on SL and I think that would be really cool.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 10:11:16 PM »

Perhaps I'll throw a few random twist within the tournament, we'll see.

Registration
Junior Division-
  • Kohaku
  • Yoshira
  • Hisame
  • Steez
  • Ant
  • Kenzo
  • Baku ☢ Hiei
  • KiuUchiha
  • Zelda
  • Mizuho
  • Qwuzo
  • Nara Alucard
  • Matsuo
  • Meisa

Advanced Division-
  • Yasei, Kurōn
  • Hobbygobby
  • Toshirō
  • Junsui Neku
  • Saito
  • Seno
  • Onizuki
  • Zeil
  • Eric
  • Eiko
  • Kevin
  • RayInuzuka
  • Eiyū Ryu
  • Hoshimi

Dp Donations-
  • Menma Beleren: 500
  • Uzumaki, Genesis: 3500
  • Junsui Neku: 250
  • Bijuu Hunter Ethaniel: 3000

Total: 7250
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:07:28 PM by Trev »

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 12:08:05 AM »

I can help as a judge if needed.

Edit =

Oh and just as an idea for prizes (if we do want to go with other prizes besides DP), I think each village should be responsible for only creating one prize each.  In the end all prizes donated by the villages will be displayed out for the winners to receive. 

For example: if Konoha, Oto, and Kiri participate there will be a total of 3 prizes.  The tourney's 1st place winner gets first dibs on the set of prizes, then 2nd place gets to pick 1 of the remaining 2 prizes after him/her, then 3rd place gets whatever is left over.  Anyone past 3rd place doesn't get a prize.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:33:51 AM by Zojin »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 12:41:58 AM »

I wouldn't be against that, if enough villages give a reward. Else, I was going to do the Yumei system.

Example for Oto rewards:
1 win: Rank up
2 wins: Air tunnel surgery
etc.

But if the other villages, just want a few grand prizes, I'm fine with that.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 12:57:17 AM »

1 prize per village isn't particularly demanding in my opinion.  It's actually a lot less work to think of 1 prize per village versus using yumei's way and create 3 different ones per village.  This also gives the winners a chance to pick a prize that isn't from their village if they want.

Even if only 1 person from 3 different villages participate, that's already 3 grand prizes (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place)...which would be more than enough for most tourneys.  But systems like this is just a small detail in the larger scheme of things lol

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 01:35:10 AM »

I'm fine with that system, Oto will definitely have a prize, once I come up with one grand prize worthy.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.