Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Opinion on Edo Tensei  (Read 6097 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Opinion on Edo Tensei
« on: August 09, 2013, 02:41:57 AM »

I have been talking to Tsuyo about this and we both agree that the one rule for Edo Tensei where the summoner cannot take any offensive action is a bit much when compounded with all of the other rules. Edo Tensei got nerfed really really really hard but we know you can set a zombie up to be autonomous so unless you are using them where you need to constantly keep them under control you should be able to attack, it's just an idea, any thoughts on that? Maybe have it just changed where if the zombie is not under complete control the summoner cannot attack instead of all the time.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion on Edo Tensei
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:13:56 AM »

I feel that until I hear from Tsuyo himself then it's irreverent to include him in this topic, I however feel that it wasn't nerfed enough. ( You get 3 ET Zombies in non-official jinchuuriki fights/spars/ETC and 1 in the official fights) <- Waaay overpowered if you used them right.
But hey, that's just my opinion. ;)

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 03:24:17 AM »

We could have the summoner fall into a coma whenever they use the jutsu in battle I guess, I don't know how we could nerf it any more. I assume this means you'll start following the rules once your fight with Kirk is over though.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:45:36 AM »

We could have the summoner fall into a coma whenever they use the jutsu in battle I guess, I don't know how we could nerf it any more. I assume this means you'll start following the rules once your fight with Kirk is over though.

Coma? That's too extreme.
Let me put it this way, if an ET-user defensively uses Senjutsu in battle then he should be able to hold his own against his opponent; this includes any users of the ET since they're mostly comprise of Uchihas and Senjutsu-users.

I'm pretty much planning to follow both rules of combat and non-combat respectively.
I'm giving quite a few things up in order to maintain my Rinnegan and advance it at my current state to an acceptable level of my choosing. ;)

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 03:50:13 AM »

Let me put it this way, if an ET-user defensively uses Senjutsu in battle then he should be able to hold his own against his opponent; this includes any users of the ET since they're mostly comprise of Uchihas and Senjutsu-users.

I'm pretty much planning to follow both rules of combat and non-combat respectively.
I'm giving quite a few things up in order to maintain my Rinnegan and advance it at my current state to an acceptable level of my choosing. ;)

Would you like to say what those things you are giving up are? Because as I mentioned before you should only be able to have one KG in your Edo state, and you could only have Rinnegan by pirating another's eyes. I don't know what people would think about exceptions to the rules though.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 04:03:49 AM »

Would you like to say what those things you are giving up are? Because as I mentioned before you should only be able to have one KG in your Edo state, and you could only have Rinnegan by pirating another's eyes. I don't know what people would think about exceptions to the rules though.

Oh sure!
I would love to give out this information but sadly...this thread isn't about me.  :roll:
Contact me in-game about it Robert.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 04:06:42 AM »

Oh sure!
I would love to give out this information but sadly...this thread isn't about me.  :roll:

Ok Osama (I assume we're making names up for each other now).

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 04:09:11 AM »

Oh sure!

It's a bad habit of mine, in attempt to troll other nefarious trolls.  :oops:

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 04:11:18 AM »

Oh sure!

It's a bad habit of mine, in attempt to troll other nefarious trolls.  :oops:

But together we could take over the universe!

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 04:17:41 AM »

I'm just posting around at this point. Guess you could say I'm a drifter, a wanderer, not one to put down roots in any single thread. Yeah baby I go around this tiny little rock we call home in endless circles, searching for only a place to sleep. It's a hard life, but it's the only one I've got. I guess you could say...

YOLO.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 04:29:02 AM »

Rule seems fine, as you can still defend yourself and that right there gives you a little wiggle room.

Plus, with Edo the point seems to be to let them do all your dirty work, while you sit back and relax. Should be no need for multiple offensive attacks from you and your zombies. Just my two cents, but you'll have a hard time over turning this rule.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 04:40:21 AM »

Rule seems fine, as you can still defend yourself and that right there gives you a little wiggle room.

Plus, with Edo the point seems to be to let them do all your dirty work, while you sit back and relax. Should be no need for multiple offensive attacks from you and your zombies. Just my two cents, but you'll have a hard time over turning this rule.

Seems like it. Maybe Tsuyo can give a rousing speech and change some minds.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 09:40:34 AM »

Well, first off, I suppose I should finally post on this after reading the new 'hip' manga Attack on Titans, and watching the anime (Today I no lifed like a baws. I'm sure we've all had those days :cool:) but anywho, I do feel that while Edo Tensei has been nerfed to extremes, this rule doesn't make any type of sense to have in the arsenal of rules being shotgunned at users.

For one, you're quite weakened while having them out. What is it, 20 percent of permanent chakra per summon? Chakra, comprising of both physical and spiritual energy would generally mean that you'd generally be a tad too tired out to do much for a bit anyway. But despite that, it's the whole bit about not being able to 'defend into an attack move' (Ie...Counter your kunai with my own chakra enhanced kunai to pierce yours and fly at you.) that doesn't make sense in the least bit. Sure one could argue having to control Edo Tensei or some nonsense, but look at Kabuto. The guy took on a Hokage level ninja and his almost just as powerful brother by himself with Edo Tensei out on the field if i'm not mistaken. That has to count for something does it not? Well, that as well as Sarutobi's famous fight scene back in the golden days of Naruto where Orochimaru cooperated with his zombies to take the man on. 

But some form of  Naruto logic(It exists!? :o) aside, let's go to the RP standpoint which Trev was kind enough to point out for us; mainly the one about multiple attacks for this instance. If that is the case, then why do Kage Bunshin or even summonings exist? If you ask me, it's to do just that, but that's just an opinion from me. I'm sure we all have differing ones. Personal remarks aside, it just baffles me that it's actually worth anything to pay 20 chakra and sit there looking pretty when you can have a bigger advantage with a much lower tier, and cost effective jutsu. Sure you get the extra movesets with Edo Tensei but at what cost? It's just an unnecessary nerf squeezing any sort of strategic value from the rock that it has already become. Might as well void the jutsu in entirety at this point quite frankly, though I think that'll be a toughie since people will get angry at the 50+(I think) pages of edo tensei talk will have went to waste.

Don't take this as a personal attack or anything though. I have no hostility about this in the slightest.
Lol I'm hungry.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 06:58:04 PM »

The talks wouldn't have been a waste. Think of it as the stepping stone towards the final goal of getting rid of the technique once and for all. :P Just a positive way to think of that 'might as well void it'.

Well, the point of nerfing it was to take away a large part of its strategic value; it is one thing to have summons in battle (that now I have to start counting, as apparently they do have a bit of a time limit, though it seems long) but another to have another shinobi on the battlefield. Hardly anyone wanted to have to deal with two shinobi vs one (except maybe people like Kirk and Zenaku, who would take it as a challenge).

With the chakra pools that people, the users in particular, have, 20% of permanent chakra while using the technique is hardly 'tired' status, especially if they use it at the beginning of the fight. Oro didn't personally fight Hiruzen that much during the fight after the summoned those zombies, but oh yeah, Kabuto went full fight while his were active (mastery a SL teacher would have I suppose).

Besides, if the summoner cannot perform an offensive action, then the zombie in question seems to be the main attack/Defense force. It was figured that that was fair.

But... Well, if the summoner can attack if the zombies are not under full control, then in theory, that would give the zombie a chance to break free, if they so choose. So that's one way to look at I guess. But that would be a moot advantage if the summoner's friends were said zombies, or people who don't RP their zombie character.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 08:11:23 PM »

Well, I don't really see it as a problem, as you get a fair amount of wiggle room with your defensive actions. Say somebody charges at you, and bypasses your zombies, you could in theory still do things like shinra tensei, and such to drive them back, while still causing damage.

It's not like someone is expecting you to take a hit. It's just a bit over bearing when you have zombies A,B, and C attack and you spam attacks from the distance, which in my opinion is what the rule is trying to stop.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.