Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What I don't get  (Read 4494 times)

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
Re: What I don't get
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 12:06:31 AM »

Since when was it ever implied in the manga you needed to go blind to get the EMS? Lol.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 12:14:42 AM »

Manga-wise, the trouble that usually goes with getting another pair of eyes is why usually the characters didn't get their spare till they were near blind. Necessity and all.

Cause by taking another Uchiha's eyes were basically nutering them (well, except Madara in the latest chapter... x.x) when compared to their old self, unless they get another pair of eyes too.

SL-wise, people don't care as much, so were abusing the heck out of eye trading. To help cut down on that, peoples demanded that the sharingan be more manga-wise leveled that you have to kill another Uchiha.

Them being closely related like a brother is irrevelent in SL, since we all know that the Uchiha incest incident occurred shortly after the incested Hyugans started to die off. 

Anyways, the point is, people abused trading so it became unacceptable.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 05:08:41 AM »

In the manga it's only ever been shown that near-blind characters should obtain the EMS. now, the EMS could probably be obtained without blindness ever occurring, though as Eric's mentioned that can lead to abuse very easily.

I've been using the blindness factor so I wouldn;t get called out so much on abusing this. It'd essentially cost me 5k DP per each pair (to name change one character into another with the MS and then swipe it from them, and a few hours to devise an identity for them).

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 06:04:08 AM »

Why not just lie that you got the EMS instead of going through all this trouble zone fighting, stealing another person's eyes and etc?

Why not just make it free instead of all these lame requirements? It's not like the Sharingan is special anymore. The same applies for the Rinnegan.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 07:40:27 AM »

Why not just lie that you got the EMS instead of going through all this trouble zone fighting, stealing another person's eyes and etc?

Why not just make it free instead of all these lame requirements? It's not like the Sharingan is special anymore. The same applies for the Rinnegan.

It is already the motto Konoha ninja seem to live by.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »

It is already the motto Konoha ninja seem to live by.

Exdeath would like a word with those fellows.

Edit: Note having these "lame" requirements would lead us down an even steeper slippery slope (if that weren't obvious enough). If people are bypassing them, then for the love of God call them out on it. Plagues aren't going to stop themselves.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:10:42 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »

People already do what I previously quoted and others do the legit method. Both get you nothing because nobody RPs their eyes slowly fading with each use. It's like chakra in SL.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:44:13 PM by Nathan »

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »

People already do what I previously quoted and others do the legit method. Both get you nothing because nobody RPs their eyes slowly fading with each use. It's like chairs in SL.

;)

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2013, 04:36:30 PM »

Why is the EMS such a big deal to you guys anyways may I kindly enquire? It's not like the EMS is that special anymore. Why is the eye trade for the EMS unacceptable but not the MS overuse?

Last I recall, aren't wielders of the MS fated to lose their sight and forever be blind? Madara, Sasuke and Itachi were all affected by the decay of their eyesight. Literally no character on SL were affected by the MS decay effect. They simply say, "i lost my vision i need new eyes" nowadays.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 01:00:56 AM »

People already do what I previously quoted and others do the legit method. Both get you nothing because nobody RPs their eyes slowly fading with each use. It's like chakra in SL.

I've done that on all of the characters I've attained the EMS for.

Anyway, just because the EMS isn't as coveted as it was in the past (it still is today, just to a lesser extent) doesn't mean it should be made easier to obtain. If anything the process should be made more difficult seeing how the lack of coveting is due to the low level of difficulty!

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 05:36:13 AM »

Anyway, just because the EMS isn't as coveted as it was in the past (it still is today, just to a lesser extent) doesn't mean it should be made easier to obtain. If anything the process should be made more difficult seeing how the lack of coveting is due to the low level of difficulty!

It was only made that way in the past because it was thought that you gain the previous bearer's power, but you don't. As shown in the series all EMS really does is prevent you from going blind which the vast majority at SL don't RP.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »

It was only made that way in the past because it was thought that you gain the previous bearer's power, but you don't. As shown in the series all EMS really does is prevent you from going blind which the vast majority at SL don't RP.

That's why I want to use give me your eyes I'll give you mine.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 12:05:34 AM »

That's why I want to use give me your eyes I'll give you mine.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.