Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: An idea I have been having  (Read 16152 times)

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
Re: An idea I have been having
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2013, 09:37:50 AM »

This sounds interesting can someone send me a link?

Zikeus Hōzuki

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2013, 09:11:25 PM »

Won't it just be easier to bringer order in Shinobi Legends RP instead of starting clean? Just voicing my opinion..

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2013, 10:21:12 PM »

Won't it just be easier to bringer order in Shinobi Legends RP instead of starting clean? Just voicing my opinion..

Haha. No.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2013, 12:06:07 AM »

You must be new here. Are you new here? I think Zikeus is new here.

Zikeus Hōzuki

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2013, 12:48:40 AM »

Fairly new, yes. Was here a long time ago, left, then came back recently.. Plus I'm an optimist. ^^

Anyway, is this thing already in motion? Didn't get that part very clear..

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2013, 01:38:50 AM »

Fairly new, yes. Was here a long time ago, left, then came back recently.. Plus I'm an optimist. ^^

Welcome back.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2013, 05:51:01 AM »

This sounds interesting can someone send me a link?

I was working on my own forum but it is on hold until I get e-net at my trailer.

Zikeus Hōzuki

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2013, 01:36:56 AM »

Just so you know: I've been a Game Master on several other roleplay forums (not Naruto-related ones) and also have some knowledge of forum functions. When you get it going again, if you want help just say. ^^

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2013, 05:23:36 AM »

That means you have much catching up to do on the whole spectacle that is current SL RP and its regulations and stuff for some, and whack-a-mole swordplay. It was not designed to have as many locks and chains as it has, it was intended to be relatively free from the get-go.

So it would be much more difficult to 'bring order' to SL in the sense that I think you mean.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Zikeus Hōzuki

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2013, 12:45:31 AM »

Well, another idea might be to start a Shinobi Legends Roleplay Forum, which would still be connected to the game (using info like Resets and other such from it) but still have application forms for characters, clans and so on.. An extra wiki made specifically for the forum (separate from Shinobi Profiles) might also help in cataloguing things.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2013, 02:23:07 AM »

Well, another idea might be to start a Shinobi Legends Roleplay Forum, which would still be connected to the game (using info like Resets and other such from it) but still have application forms for characters, clans and so on.. An extra wiki made specifically for the forum (separate from Shinobi Profiles) might also help in cataloguing things.

Shhhh.... That's a taboo subject (SLS)

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2013, 05:02:21 AM »

Shhhh.... That's a taboo subject (SLS)

Zikeus Hōzuki

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2013, 02:21:39 PM »

I don't get it why you reacted this way.. >.>

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2013, 05:36:28 PM »

You guys wanna take this one? Eric?

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2013, 07:18:09 PM »

I do not entirely get it myself. As a *cough* member *cough* of SLS, and one of the consistently active ones, I kind of liked it. It got me introduced into SL RP as we know it today (take that as you please). Had I not joined it, I probably would have still been just playing the game for the novelty of Oro kills.

Nothing wrong with that, but since leveling has gotten so boring lately, I think I wouldn't have stuck around for nearly as long had I not been more involved in the RP. xD After all, I was kind of lost coming back and seeing everything sort of changed. Reborn this, reborn that, Konoha civil war resolved through out of realm action...? Whaaa...

Anyways, it was really confusing, so SLS was a nice place to start getting me into regulated RP. The reason it is talked about so badly at times, I believe, is really because of what it represented. I mean, just the name alone suggested that we were trying to be better than everyone else in SL. (We were not, but you know rumors and misunderstandings).

Plus, we kind of took the SLS RP back here to SL as well after the site lost some of its luster, and to this day a decent portion of people have resented that action. Tomi would not be a Hokage in SL terms had it not been for the SLS carry-over, for example.

Funny, though. I haven't RPed with Sasuke since they left SLS. Almost homey.

Where did SLS go wrong? Well, the freedom based SL community seeing a select group start making rules and stuff to regulate their RP I guess. Then when we came back, we brought them with us. While not all of the current forum goers are former SLS players, many of them (including myself) are at least familiar with it.

So, as far as the idea goes, it would have to be a continuum completely separate from SL RP in order for it to 'work' per say. And I tellz ya, that's a hassle. I tried starting over again from acadey scratch on another RP site, and I didn't last a month. Too little freedom kind of deal towards custom techs, my ace in the crack hole, and again, starting all the way over...

Soooo, long story short, SLS was a threat that needed to be slashed and hashed and gored because of what was perceived to be understood by it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.