Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: An idea I have been having  (Read 15593 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
An idea I have been having
« on: August 13, 2013, 03:13:22 AM »

Recently I have been considering of getting back into the Forum RP side of the Naruto based RPGs. I have been out of the game for a long time and it would take me sometime to get back into the swing of things...

I was simply wondering if there would be anyone that would be interested in adding in creating a site. Usually it is good to have a crew of people working behind the idea to increase the site from being up and running faster.

The will be following some old systems I constructed back when I use to help others create/remodel their site.... things like chakra point systems, missions system, banned jutsu list, character build system, ranking up system, village invasion system, ect.

Basically I plan to keep he character builds more simple of course. Meaning less OP characters and characters powers actually reflecting their ranks... stuff of that sort.

I'm not quite sure about the plot as of yet. I had an idea about revolving it around a Shinobi World based off the time before the villages. It would perhaps be a little harder to organize then that of one that involves around the Villages but just a thought.

Anyways, I'm try to create the site and am gonna ask people I know from SL to join me in the rp. I would rather rp with you guys then strangers... because it is easier to rp at a new site with people you already know in my opinion. But if anyone would like to lend a hand I am just throwing it out there.

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: An idea I have been having
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:29:00 AM »

I'd be willing to help you with whatever stuff.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:33:37 AM »

I could give Naruto forum RPing another go, it's been years since I last did and the current state of SL RPing it is be Overpowered or risk dying.

Anyway I like this idea and I can try to help any way I can if possible.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 03:38:24 AM »

I actually fear a lot of SL will shun the idea due to such things like Rinnegan, EMS, 8-gates, FTG, ect. will be not be allowed the list will be long.

Like I said it will take me some time to get this rolling though... I have to remembers how to create and function a forum first lol.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 03:49:06 AM »

I actually fear a lot of SL will shun the idea due to such things like Rinnegan, EMS, 8-gates, FTG, ect. will be not be allowed the list will be long.

Like I said it will take me some time to get this rolling though... I have to remembers how to create and function a forum first lol.

As long as it is like that from the start it is fine. I wish SL could be like that but it will never change here.

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 03:54:01 AM »

Recently I have been considering of getting back into the Forum RP side of the Naruto based RPGs. I have been out of the game for a long time and it would take me sometime to get back into the swing of things...

I was simply wondering if there would be anyone that would be interested in adding in creating a site. Usually it is good to have a crew of people working behind the idea to increase the site from being up and running faster.

The will be following some old systems I constructed back when I use to help others create/remodel their site.... things like chakra point systems, missions system, banned jutsu list, character build system, ranking up system, village invasion system, ect.

Basically I plan to keep he character builds more simple of course. Meaning less OP characters and characters powers actually reflecting their ranks... stuff of that sort.

I'm not quite sure about the plot as of yet. I had an idea about revolving it around a Shinobi World based off the time before the villages. It would perhaps be a little harder to organize then that of one that involves around the Villages but just a thought.

Anyways, I'm try to create the site and am gonna ask people I know from SL to join me in the rp. I would rather rp with you guys then strangers... because it is easier to rp at a new site with people you already know in my opinion. But if anyone would like to lend a hand I am just throwing it out there.

You know i'm down with the Forum RP! Count me in as help...we actually ran the other Forum site together for the Konoha patrol if you remember and with more people willing to join, more fun.
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 03:55:33 AM »

I can trust you to come up with the full list of KG and Techniques that will not be allowed. There is a good list I can come up with besides the ones you listed but I will leave it to you.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 04:35:50 AM »

I would but I have things to do.
Somebody email me the website when it's done though, yeah.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 05:08:18 AM »

I can trust you to come up with the full list of KG and Techniques that will not be allowed. There is a good list I can come up with besides the ones you listed but I will leave it to you.

Of course the list will be much much longer. An I will also be asking for others to weigh in their opinions on others that should be void.

For instance no EMS and the MS will be made rather hard to earn rp wise.  There will also be a system drawn out for the MS so that it is not spammed.... for instance 'x' amount of post with it until you become blind.

Most KG will be allowed but nerfed if needed. Like Mokuton will be allowed but not all the crazy jutsu that evolves around it.

Genjutsu is a tricky one that you have to create a very solid system around. This one actually is not my cup of tea... it is very easy to auto-hit with Genjutsu so in-order to prevent this from happening you have to limit exactly what Genjutsu is used in what ways.

Raiton no Yorio and anything of that sort would be a no go. It is one of those things that you start debating well this is fast and this is faster... so to avoid that nothing like the sort should be allowed.

Sage Mode, maybe. I am not fully sure how to go about this one yet. I think with some proper nerfing it could be allowed... and it would be one of those things that is limited to like 2 people at the whole site, to which the character can not have any KG or Hidden Jutsu.

No tailed beast... they just cause to much mayhem. If a proper system can be worked out in the future perhaps but for now I'd say no.

No more then 2 elements. Unless a custom clan is created to allow such or they are Sharingan copied... in other words it want be common to have more then 2 elements, with the exception of a elemental KG.

Characters will be limited to either no KG, one KG, one Hidden Jutsu, or curse seal, that being if a system for curse seals can be worked out. In the event of no KG character will be able to choose stuff like Sage Mode if that is allowed or something along those lines. In other words no stacking of powers.

Implants will be allowed and there will be a very drawn out system for it. Meaning not easy to obtain.... plus they will be made to where you can not spam... for instance 'x' amount of post before you are wore out. Plus you will have to write a long training post before being able to use the implant rp wise... I'm thinking or around 3000 words or so.

There are a ton of other things that will have to be implanted.... I just have to get started really.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 05:44:51 AM »

Just to throw out there a few of the other systems, so that people will be aware of what to expect.

Chakra Point System- pretty easy concept. You have 'x' amount of chakra points and it takes 'x' amount to perform a certain jutsu... when you run out you die. When you are low you are tired... depending on rank will determine how many you start with and they can be built up through training.  Naturally the higher ranking a jutsu is the more chakra points it will coast.

Ranking System- The system in which you will rank up either by getting points from missions or through earning character points.

Mission Points- Basically you perform missions and can earn 'x' amount of points for completing said mission, amount will be determine by rank of mission. For example: Mission 'Teachers Aid', D-Rank, consist of helping the Academy Instructor for a day, no less then 500 word, possible points to earn 10+2= 12 [note d-rank missions are worth 2 points, c-rank 4, b-rank 6, A-rank 8, S-rank 10; these are points automatically given.]

Then the extra 10 points that can be earned are broken down to be graded, by quality, quantity, grammar, creativity. So therefor each is worth 2.5 points to combine in order to make 10.

The person submits there mission to be graded and the moderators do there thing: Quality- person showed average rp skills in post giving okay details, out of 2.5 earned 1.5; Quantity- out of the 500 word minimum the person posted 510 words, out of the 2.5 earned 0.5; Grammar- person showed perfect grammar, out of 2.5 earned 2.5; Creativity- although the quality was average the writer showed some rather creative thought flows in their post, out of 2.5 earned 2.0.

The person earned the automatic 2 points for a D-rank mission, and 6.5 points out of the possible 10 points that were graded {I hope that math is right lol}. Therefore for this mission the person earned 8.5 mission points to be awarded to their character.

Character Development Points- Basically all rp can be submitted to be graded for the possibility of 10 points. You can also rank up through earning these points but it will take many more then mission points in order to do so... this is how rogue nin will have to rank up. These points may also be spent in-order to train new jutsu and skills. In other words this is to prevent people from stacking up there skills without doing other rp... this will encourage people to rp other things then just doing nothing but training their character up.

It will be graded similar to that of the 10 points from the mission system.

Records will be keep as to where the points were spent and a total earning of the points: example, Uetto has earned a total of 85 Character Points with a remaining 43 left.
-(date) [link to rp] 15 points spent to training in Speed.
-(date) [link to rp] 10 points spent to training to learn blabla-jutsu.

Stats System- (this is one I have actually never done but would like to try)

Basically each character starts with 'x' amount of stat points, depending on rank, to spend were they wish: Strength, Speed, Durability, Endurance

This will be used to determine in battle who would be stronger or faster. If person 'A' has more speed points then person 'B' then they would be faster... However their Durability points may be lower then person 'A' and persons 'A' have a high strength. Simply put if person 'A' can hit person 'B' they would deal a good amount of damage.

[this is just something to test as I am not certain how it would work out... there are other methods as to which one could go about this which I may use those instead.]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 05:47:10 AM by UettoSenju »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 05:59:41 AM »

I actually have a completed website that I just never made live...

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 06:06:24 AM »

Always a step ahead are we?  :fuck:

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:39 AM »

On a serious note would you be interested in opening the site and such?

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 06:15:32 AM »

Do eeeeet. Free us from this hell. D:

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 06:21:10 AM »

Do eeeeet. Free us from this hell. D:

If confused... Aren't you one of the ones aiming to make SL a bigger hell for rp by learning a bunch of stuff to be very OP and what not?  :smt017
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.