Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Do's & Don'ts: Sl RP  (Read 3375 times)

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
Do's & Don'ts: Sl RP
« on: September 18, 2013, 04:46:40 AM »

Alright, I think being over two weeks old I could put aside the "I'm new intros" this is coming from a player now. Could I get a legitimate list, or some form of guide as to the dos and don'ts. I mean from role-playing perspective.

Example?

Player A utilizes Jikukan(space-time ninjutsu) and is told it's "broken" as if he's supposed to know what that means. Broken could mean anything. While I respect you pointing something out to me a bit of an explanation should be warranted in a scenario such as this.

Shinra Tensei is similiar in that it would negate nearly any phsyical or ninjutsu attacks instantly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and when I say correct I'm actually asking, no, begging for a simple explanation.

I was told:

It was broken, when I asked the person to elaborate they considered it being overpowered.

Turn: used jikukan

Following turn: cooldown(meaning you cannot use jikukan)
Following turn after that: cooldown(you still cannot use jikukan)

And heck to be a good sport I wanted to give myself a five-turn cool down for jikukan (6 in actuality because I count the turn that I used so it'll be the turn I use it + the six following turns.)

If it's not allowed I understand, but this is just my example as I'd really just prefer a list of general do's and don'ts jutsu-usage wise.

I was told Kawarimi is not useable as well.

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Do's & Don'ts: Sl RP
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 04:58:53 AM »

People just don't like certain things, and most people don't like whatever you are using to beat them, as I have discovered. For Kamui, what I was told, is that for the intangibility it is on cooldown for two posts for every turn you use it in succession and that sounds perfectly fair to me. I saw the fight where you used it and Yujo used Susanoo to block a simple punch and then apparently complained about Kamui. I find this very hypocritical. If you don't want people to use jutsu you need to establish this before the fight starts.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 05:07:57 AM »

Yes, physically and logically in that fight we were exchanging melee blows and I was realistically only about 8 steps away, I charged him using chakra to enhance my speed meaning I would've closed in in less than 4 seconds.

REALISTICALLY and correct me if I'm wrong a susano'o punch at that range or grab would render me incapacitated or dead. And I say, correct me if I'm wrong because I do not believe that everything anyone says to always be right. We all make mistakes.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 05:09:28 AM »

Yes, physically and logically in that fight we were exchanging melee blows and I was realistically only about 8 steps away, I charged him using chakra to enhance my speed meaning I would've closed in in less than 4 seconds.

REALISTICALLY and correct me if I'm wrong a susano'o punch at that range or grab would render me incapacitated or dead. And I say, correct me if I'm wrong because I do not believe that everything anyone says to always be right. We all make mistakes.

Like I told you in pm's you should have mentioned Kamui being on cooldown, but you didn't do anything wrong.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 12:37:23 PM »

Alright, I think being over two weeks old I could put aside the "I'm new intros" this is coming from a player now. Could I get a legitimate list, or some form of guide as to the dos and don'ts. I mean from role-playing perspective.

Example?

Player A utilizes Jikukan(space-time ninjutsu) and is told it's "broken" as if he's supposed to know what that means. Broken could mean anything. While I respect you pointing something out to me a bit of an explanation should be warranted in a scenario such as this.

Shinra Tensei is similiar in that it would negate nearly any phsyical or ninjutsu attacks instantly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and when I say correct I'm actually asking, no, begging for a simple explanation.

I was told:

It was broken, when I asked the person to elaborate they considered it being overpowered.

Turn: used jikukan

Following turn: cooldown(meaning you cannot use jikukan)
Following turn after that: cooldown(you still cannot use jikukan)

And heck to be a good sport I wanted to give myself a five-turn cool down for jikukan (6 in actuality because I count the turn that I used so it'll be the turn I use it + the six following turns.)

If it's not allowed I understand, but this is just my example as I'd really just prefer a list of general do's and don'ts jutsu-usage wise.

I was told Kawarimi is not useable as well.

Rakudo makes a fair argument, and the typical answer to a question like that, is that you will have to see what the people you are fighting/RPing with accept or not.

For example, if I had my way in a fight, there wouldn't be a susano'o while rinnegan is still up. Some people roll with that, I personally don't care too much for it (despite it being a canon concept).

While it may cause irritation in the short run, trial and error is almost fail-safe. Try using it in a real battle, and if they roll with it, then you have your answer for that RPer/group of RPers. Likewise if they reject it for whatever reason. It's the same deal when you're using custom techniques (and I have plenty of those) except you have a little more flexibility in the usage of your own custom made techniques.

Allow what you yourself tend to allow. While there are some things with my shadow I think I could get away with, I don't usually use them (I make make an exception now that I've got some fight obligations) because I don't want people using similar things against me. Likewise, many of my custom techniques have either obvious weaknesses or a suitable toll on them.

Some are better rounded than others, I'll admit, but as far as I'm concerned, you can use a technique as long as someone doesn't have an issue with it. Then it becomes a give-take scenario. If you allow anything for yourself, you might as well allow anything for someone else.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 08:53:43 PM »

That's the thing about SL.  There are no rules because every RP'er here works with their own idea of right and wrong.  There are no standard set cool-down times for certain jutsu and no list containing banned jutsu.  Some people allow the use of Jikukan, some people don't (restrictions or not).  Some allow dust release or swift release, some people don't (restrictions or not).  Some people say player killing in a fight isn't allowed (if a fight is OOC), some people don't. etc etc.

The only reason why there are "official" rules stated on this forum in regards to jutsu like Edo Tensei or Hiraishin is because only a select few are able to perform these jutsu in the first place (5 max?).  Those select 5 gathered together to create restrictions for themselves as a whole.

Best thing you could do next time is to clearly state what your personal do's and don'ts of RP are with your opponent before the fight, then come to an agreement with them as to what the set of "rules" are for that specific fight.  That way both fighters will be on the same page when interacting with each other.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 12:47:21 AM »

Thanks everyone for your input, surely satisfied and cleared everything up for me.
:)

Loving the SL Community, wishing more players were active on the forums though it would help keep the game alive.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »

Will just throw a little input out there. Being as how I always seem to present logical explanations for things and all :P

I think the main reason people do not like the use of that space-time jutsu is that is can be used so freely. Really you can use it to dodge any attack in any given circumstance. I think having a cool down on the jutsu is a fair compromise but my I suggest you add in that you have to perform a certain hand seal to perform the jutsu? Although, it is not the cannon way he jutsu works it would present more of a handicap so to say to the jutsu cause instead of being instant in happens as hand seal speed.

The only other jutsu that is of space/time, in my opinion, that is as quick acting is Flying Thunder God. And although it is rped without forming the hand seal you do have to place a seal before hand thus granting certain handicaps. A skilled combatant can counter the Fly Thunder God jutsu rather easily. This was just some extra stuff.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »

Thanks Uetto, but I've seen people at their worst, and I've seen OPed custom jutsu. I'm keeping my techniques cannon and if I do use Jikukan I think it'll be without seals. I want go ahead and weaken my already weak self to make someone else happy.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 09:27:59 PM »

Jikukan Ido, which is Kamui, does have it's obvious drawbacks that have been shown in the series. Just look up the page on the Naruto Wiki, and it's easy enough to figure out. But some common misconceptions are that having only one Kamui eye grants both it's powers. One eye is for self/physical contact range, and the other is mainly for aiming at specific things you can see. Another thing is that for the self eye, it's two powers cannot be used at the same time: Self-intangibility and taking things back into your Kamui dimension. It's either one or the other.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 06:20:46 AM »

Jikukan Ido, which is Kamui, does have it's obvious drawbacks that have been shown in the series. Just look up the page on the Naruto Wiki, and it's easy enough to figure out. But some common misconceptions are that having only one Kamui eye grants both it's powers. One eye is for self/physical contact range, and the other is mainly for aiming at specific things you can see. Another thing is that for the self eye, it's two powers cannot be used at the same time: Self-intangibility and taking things back into your Kamui dimension. It's either one or the other.

Perfect. Nothing is full proof or unbeatable.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 06:41:33 AM »

Perfect. Nothing is full proof or unbeatable.

People just don't like having to fight anything that makes them think.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.