Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bad Navigation Workaround?  (Read 4224 times)

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
Bad Navigation Workaround?
« on: September 20, 2013, 03:53:15 AM »

Bad navigation is a pain, a terrible terrible pain, it's caused me to loose hours of playing time, hours that I cannot get back. Sl is a bit of a race at least for me. And I like to know I have a fair shot.

It takes me approximately 3 game-days (8 hour days) so exactly one real-life day (24 hrs) to get an oro kill (at this level at least, for others it's more(fresh start chars)). When I'm free and able to log in I'd like to. But I cannot if I'm technically locked out of game-play through the bad navigation error/bug whatever you want to call it.

You probably get my point.

What I'm suggesting is it's fixed somehow, even if it's something temporary like increasing the current timeout timer to maybe 20 minutes or so. Throughout the course of gameplay there are sometimes when you can't help or know if you're going to have to instantly get up from in front of the laptop nor would you know when you can return.

Too many times I've gotten up, returned to a timeout, then when I've tried logging in I cannot access anything but my mail. (And the only way I access mail is by the address bar/history copying and pasting the link) It's really really frustrating and I think it's unfair. I know by now the issue is known about by staff but I'm just pleading for it to be fixed so my suggestion:

A) Increase the timeout to at least fifteen or twenty minutes
B) Troubleshoot to fix the "Click here to continue" link

(Note: I'm fully aware that the pvp aspect of the game requires one to be offline, the timeout does add a bit of a challenge game-wise and is a necessity to reduce server load I'd wager but a bug that's restricting game-play should have something done about it, I mean it's only hurting the players and in turn the game.

I'm also aware that game administrators can fix it manually, but there's not an administrator that's on every two to three hours, being locked out of the game for hours on end is not fun at all.
Not everyone uses an alt, and like me would prefer to stick to one character.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:55:02 AM by Hoshimi Uchiha »

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Navigation Workaround?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »

Have you send messages to the moderators several times regarding this? Although I get the page frequently when first logging in, I don't get it whenever I am just coming back from a timeout. And even then, the link has worked fine for me ever since the mods twicked it the first time.

Then again, that's just personal experience. You may be working with a different set of browser and settings.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:52:21 PM »

Eric, which browser/settings are you using?  I get broken navs every time I time out...and I'm talking every time >>;

The continue link never worked for me.  Each time I accidentally time out I basically have to wait for a mod to fix my account's navs.  Thankfully I never had to wait over two days though.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »

Internet Explorer *10, one of the two. Any further detailed browser settings would be kind of tricky to sift through without knowing what settings I'd be looking for.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:00:20 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »

SL is designed to work best with IE? >_________>;

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:38:01 PM »

I rarely if-ever get a bad nav. But whenever I do, I just refresh and I'm fine.

Try using Chrome instead.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »

Strange.  I am using chrome.  Maybe I'll try refreshing next time and see if that works for me.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 10:09:51 PM »

I use chrome, and someone uses internet explorer...Internet explorer is like apple to the world, pretty and neat but bad compatibility. I'll be damned if Sl works fine with I.E  :D but I use Chrome, thanks for the input guys.

Whenever I timeout, I ALWAYS get the black screen and that dredded bad nav, and have to wait sometimes hours on end for an admin to sort me out.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »

I use Chrome but only get broken navs prolly 1/4 of the time.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 04:45:38 AM »

I've been using IE with Sl since I first started SL sometime in '08. IE works fine with SL.

I don't fully understand people's hatred of IE, unless you're talking youtube. Version 9 was much less troublesome when it came to youtube videos of extraordinary length.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 05:32:58 AM »

The *choice* of browser shouldn't necessary be an issue at all really.
Does the bad navigation "page" occur more frequently when you have AJAX on or off?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 06:47:46 AM »

After about 30 minutes of AJAX, everything starts slowing down for my browser. AJAX very well may have something to do with it, as I normally do not have it on.

*Turning it off returned things back to normal. If it isn't AJAX itself or the others, then it might very well be something else in their preferences.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:52:13 AM by Eric »

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 07:02:46 PM »

Happens to me either way every time I timeout >>
And just tried refreshing a few minutes ago when my navs broke again.  Didn't help.

Why do navs break so often anyways?  I have never seen this on any other site besides this one.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 10:19:29 PM »

Forgot to mention that I don't use AJAX ever. In my entirety of being on SL, I've only gotten a bad nav twice. But even then, I was able to return to whatever I was doing by clicking on the "continue" link.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 02:12:21 AM »

Zojin, do you have AJAX on? From kage and I's experiences, it would seem as if AJAX might be the cause of the frequent nature of your bad navs.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.