Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP  (Read 34322 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »

What is the problem then if we all belong to our own club anyway?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 08:29:37 PM »

To be quite frank our 'club' does tend to drive people away from SL.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »

To be quite frank our 'club' does tend to drive people away from SL.

Because we fight among ourselves? So why not just do what I suggested and add rules about proper behavior?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 08:37:39 PM »

What's the problem? Because it is rubbing our 'club' into a heated frenzy is what. Or maybe it's just Leaf nin that get so passionate about tailed beast matches...

Oh wait, no, it's not just Leaf nin. I was gonna make a quote, but that house thing is kind of worn out, as it is just waiting to come crashing down the way we're going. We remove the biju, or at least the challenges, then I think the second most frequent argument topic will finally be killed. For good.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 08:45:13 PM »

What's the problem? Because it is rubbing our 'club' into a heated frenzy is what. Or maybe it's just Leaf nin that get so passionate about tailed beast matches...

Oh wait, no, it's not just Leaf nin. I was gonna make a quote, but that house thing is kind of worn out, as it is just waiting to come crashing down the way we're going. We remove the biju, or at least the challenges, then I think the second most frequent argument topic will finally be killed. For good.

And like I said I am ok with removing challenges.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 08:47:16 PM »

It sounds like a potential compromise, seeing as removing the biju has hardly the tire traction to take off in the wind. But what about the challengers that have already waited? (I'm not eager to fight most of them, but, to be fair, we do have to consider that aspect of it).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »

It sounds like a potential compromise, seeing as removing the biju has hardly the tire traction to take off in the wind. But what about the challengers that have already waited? (I'm not eager to fight most of them, but, to be fair, we do have to consider that aspect of it).

I'd say all Jinchuriki stop taking challengers and just finish up the ones they currently have, then be done with it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »

It's not like the lists are published, so how would you know whether or not anyone even had a list to fulfill? The only thing the challengers could do is protest on the forum, and other than the ones who already show up here, I doubt any others would.

Even then, it is almost A word vs B word.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »

Void everything that is Shippuden >.>

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 09:01:49 PM »

It's not like the lists are published, so how would you know whether or not anyone even had a list to fulfill? The only thing the challengers could do is protest on the forum, and other than the ones who already show up here, I doubt any others would.

Even then, it is almost A word vs B word.

I don't think there are that many at this point anyway.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 09:35:01 PM »

Just remove the challenges. They put way too much of an official fight setting that really doesn't fit in with the whole "taking a Bijuu". If you want one, just look up what village has which in your daily shinobi newspaper, and go forth to said village. Or even seek out the person themselves.

And before people bring up the argument about not knowing who is a jinchuuriki, just look at the series for a bit. Everyone in Konoha seemed to know that Naruto and Kushina was one, and the same goes for Killer B and Nii for Kumo, Gaara for Suna. It's not hard AT ALL to find the tailed beasts really. It just takes a good reading in the newspaper and some conversation with the locals. Knowing what a Bijuu chakra signature feels like also really helps too if you can sense them/are a sensor.

So yeah, just change up HOW you can get them. You might have to fight an entire village and be seen as a criminal/bring strange looks to your own village, but that's exactly what happened in the series.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 09:53:51 PM »

The series had so much cannon fodder though. best bet would be to try to get the jincks while they're migrating from village to village.

If a jinck goes inactive, then does that give someone the ability to just, you know, claim it? Cause undoutably hording the biju within village is not and will not be unheard of.

We'd likely have to revisit the Rules of War again before the end of the year.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »

I would also have to suggest that if this passes that we make it were the villages can not seal/store the beast. I know it may have been done cannon to an extent but I think it best to make the village have a host even if it has to be a lower class Shinobi after all the whole village can protect them now and no need for all host to be the best of the best.

I actually like this cause it allows for those often over looked to play a role as well. Instead of just watching the host fight and hoping they can get strong enough one day to challenge.

Still think that it may have some bad side effects but hey its a move I'm the right direction I suppose.

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »

If I were to make an overall suggestion about Bijuu and RP relations,

1. Remove challenges - This is something many a people have said, and it makes sense. If the bijuu are there to stimulate RP, then challenges which are outside of RP don't help at all. The only point I could see to them in the first place is that it gives someone without sealing techniques the ability to obtain a bijuu. To solve this particular point people could get over it. If more seal-type characters need to get involved, then that's good, it's just more stimulation for RP. Whether or not people just randomly add sealing to their characters... well, that's not something we can deal with with any more than a slap on the wrist.

2. Responsibility- I believe if you take on a bijuu, you are assuming the responsibility to the site and others to roleplay. In that sense, any large leave of absence for any reason should result in a bijuu being removed, as otherwise it isn't fair or fun for the other players. I would say that 2 week inactivity would be the limit here, without really good reason. Real life was busy is not a  good reason, as I guarantee you that anyone could find at least a minute or two to log on within 2 weeks.
   So what do you do if you got your bijuu taken away and you want it back? RP it back, go take it from the person who got it. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

3. Ownership in case of absence -
      If the participant was in a battle when he went absent, the challenger receives the bijuu.
      If the owner was not in a battle, then the leader in his CLAN, which may or may not be the village, receives the bijuu. A clan will be the assumed as the clan they are listed as in game, which will usually be the village -- this is to keep any retroactive decisions from arising if they were part of a separate "internal clan" or something. If that were the case, then they  should have just made their own clan and gave it affiliation with the village.
     If the absentee was not part of any clan, then the beast is in a free for all position, the specifications of which (tournament, mission, war, etc.) is to be decided on by majority rules within a one week time period after confirmed removal of the bijuu, and to be acted out within a week after the decision.

Do these make sense?
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 12:43:49 AM »

If I were to make an overall suggestion about Bijuu and RP relations,

1. Remove challenges - This is something many a people have said, and it makes sense. If the bijuu are there to stimulate RP, then challenges which are outside of RP don't help at all. The only point I could see to them in the first place is that it gives someone without sealing techniques the ability to obtain a bijuu. To solve this particular point people could get over it. If more seal-type characters need to get involved, then that's good, it's just more stimulation for RP. Whether or not people just randomly add sealing to their characters... well, that's not something we can deal with with any more than a slap on the wrist.

2. Responsibility- I believe if you take on a bijuu, you are assuming the responsibility to the site and others to roleplay. In that sense, any large leave of absence for any reason should result in a bijuu being removed, as otherwise it isn't fair or fun for the other players. I would say that 2 week inactivity would be the limit here, without really good reason. Real life was busy is not a  good reason, as I guarantee you that anyone could find at least a minute or two to log on within 2 weeks.
   So what do you do if you got your bijuu taken away and you want it back? RP it back, go take it from the person who got it. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

3. Ownership in case of absence -
      If the participant was in a battle when he went absent, the challenger receives the bijuu.
      If the owner was not in a battle, then the leader in his CLAN, which may or may not be the village, receives the bijuu. A clan will be the assumed as the clan they are listed as in game, which will usually be the village -- this is to keep any retroactive decisions from arising if they were part of a separate "internal clan" or something. If that were the case, then they  should have just made their own clan and gave it affiliation with the village.
     If the absentee was not part of any clan, then the beast is in a free for all position, the specifications of which (tournament, mission, war, etc.) is to be decided on by majority rules within a one week time period after confirmed removal of the bijuu, and to be acted out within a week after the decision.

Do these make sense?

Where have you been for SL's last year and some change?  :D That sounds like a great battle plan!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.