Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP  (Read 34325 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2013, 09:11:02 PM »

If we're going to go real RP time, by the time you would arrive the fight would probably be over, since it would take some hours to travel and the timeframe for most RP fights is at most thirty minutes to an hour.

So just having a little time before you can just waltz from here to there isn't that much of an issue.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2013, 09:17:20 PM »

If we're going to go real RP time, by the time you would arrive the fight would probably be over, since it would take some hours to travel and the timeframe for most RP fights is at most thirty minutes to an hour.

That's pretty much the point. Unless the battle is supposed to be outstanding, then there was probably no reason for Kiri to assist Konoha at all (besides, the moment a key defender logs off the 'invasion' or whatever you choose to call it would be put essentially on halt if their presence is required, hence giving valuable time to any defenders not in the village to travel back). Though, travelling time between different villages would differ seeing as some are closer than others, with Kiri getting the worst of the lot having a sea to cross.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2013, 09:47:08 PM »

That's pretty much the point. Unless the battle is supposed to be outstanding, then there was probably no reason for Kiri to assist Konoha at all (besides, the moment a key defender logs off the 'invasion' or whatever you choose to call it would be put essentially on halt if their presence is required, hence giving valuable time to any defenders not in the village to travel back). Though, travelling time between different villages would differ seeing as some are closer than others, with Kiri getting the worst of the lot having a sea to cross.

Well, Suna has a desert to cross, Kumo has a bunch of mountains with dizzying heights, Ame has a giant rain filled lake, Iwa has, like, canyons and deep ravines, and then you have that darn rebel Konoha that only has a forest to go through.

In retrospect, which would take longer would depend on mode of transportation. If everyone is flying, then I think you would get to Konoha faster from Kiri than from Kumo (just by scoping out the SL map).

If you have to walk or use a purely earth bound mount, then Kumo would definitely be faster, unless your mount is both a strong, fast, and well directioned swimmer.

*Plus, if the RP were to be stalled in the location, then arguably one still couldn't enter the fight till the appropriate time has happened in the fight, for things to catch up. By that's just over-complicating things, and it would be easier just to have limits on travel time.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:48:13 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »

Well, Suna has a desert to cross, Kumo has a bunch of mountains with dizzying heights, Ame has a giant rain filled lake, Iwa has, like, canyons and deep ravines, and then you have that darn rebel Konoha that only has a forest to go through.

In retrospect, which would take longer would depend on mode of transportation. If everyone is flying, then I think you would get to Konoha faster from Kiri than from Kumo (just by scoping out the SL map).

If you have to walk or use a purely earth bound mount, then Kumo would definitely be faster, unless your mount is both a strong, fast, and well directioned swimmer.

*Plus, if the RP were to be stalled in the location, then arguably one still couldn't enter the fight till the appropriate time has happened in the fight, for things to catch up. By that's just over-complicating things, and it would be easier just to have limits on travel time.

If you're flying at a high enough altitude, I don't think Kumo's mountains would be much of a bother to pass, though that's only if the summon can handle it and you know the exact location where the village is (or you know, through a powerful sensing technique).

And I don't quite see why any potential defenders would need to wait even after reaching the village to join the fray, though they'd be shoved into the queue if they attempt to interact with anything associated with the inactive poster.

Still though, with all these factors to consider it'd be best to have a table or something established for helping to sort out travel time depending on the type of transportation used.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2013, 10:49:56 PM »

I think compensate on all of it just place a one day rl time waiting on travels. It still be be far fetched to rp related time as some 10 minute rp time battles can take 10 days rl, but it just give a time of wait regardless.

If you ate traveling by mount then just make it a wait of five posting rounds.

And space/time require no waiting time. Most allied village I think got around the waiting issue by creating a means to get there via space/time... Or atleast I did with a few of Konoha's allies: Suna, Kumo, Kiri, Iwa.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2013, 11:38:11 PM »

If you're flying at a high enough altitude, I don't think Kumo's mountains would be much of a bother to pass, though that's only if the summon can handle it and you know the exact location where the village is (or you know, through a powerful sensing technique).

And I don't quite see why any potential defenders would need to wait even after reaching the village to join the fray, though they'd be shoved into the queue if they attempt to interact with anything associated with the inactive poster.

Still though, with all these factors to consider it'd be best to have a table or something established for helping to sort out travel time depending on the type of transportation used.

It's the distance on the map is why I said that, not the mountains themselves. Granted, it would be easier flying at lower altitudes but I think you get the point. It's like, a longer line to be drawn from Konoha to Kumo than Konoha to Kiri.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2013, 04:37:59 PM »

I heard "Kumo" mentioned and came on to mention this:

Everyone in Kumo knows my Water Collapse jutsu and can teleport everywhere in the world within split seconds.

Because reasons.

Something something reasons...

In all honesty, though, if you're that important to a village when you're on leave you'd figure they'd have some means of getting your butt there in a jiffy (I.E. summoning).

P.S. Not sure if the above was mentioned, but I don't want to read 12 pages.

P.S.S. Hi guys.

Edit/P.S.S.S. I was joking about everyone knowing it.

P.S.S.S.S. Duh.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:38:43 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2013, 08:41:52 AM »

Edit/P.S.S.S. I was joking about everyone knowing it.

Phew!

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 16 queries.