Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP  (Read 34575 times)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2013, 09:58:49 PM »

I guess plan B could be to outright get rid of the biju from competitive play.  :twisted:

Pretty much.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2013, 11:40:17 PM »

We can continue to ignore my idea of making rules to stop people from being horrible human beings for their own benefit, too.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2013, 12:39:11 AM »

We can continue to ignore my idea of making rules to stop people from being horrible human beings for their own benefit, too.

That's basically plan B if you think about it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2013, 02:11:12 AM »

I guess plan B could be to outright get rid of the biju from competitive play.  :twisted:

I can't believe you used that word unironically. Competitive roleplay? In the sense of SL, that doesn't exist. Some people roleplay, others don't, those are the only groups. If you want to sub divide it more than that then all you are doing is dividing the currently already small base that supports anything.

That was never our job in the first place. Rules are for making guidelines on how the game works, not for how people should act. We aren't a social structure -- at least, not those of us here making rules on the role of bijuu in the game. We have no authority to dictate how people act with regards to these things.
They follow the guidelines and do their "job" properly, or someone better will take it from them. That's how it naturally works, no matter where you look. While we can write the guidelines, we are overstepping our bounds to decide what is proper.
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2013, 03:00:01 AM »

Well, zoning, period, is competitive RPing; same goes with the eventual fights over these biju. As far as I'm concerned, that is not sub-dividing; I'm aware there are those who never zone and never will.

I guess I should have specified competitive RPing rather than competitive play, since that includes PvP and all that sorts of stuff.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2013, 04:19:56 PM »

Can we agree this is to take effect? No one has come to turn it down in a mass majority.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2013, 05:18:09 AM »

Can we agree this is to take effect? No one has come to turn it down in a mass majority.

Honestly? I don't know...I figured it's a slippery slope from here since it wasn't turned down in a mass majority, however it still wasn't debated and agreed upon as the "SL Mass Majority" per se. ( It's just a few people agreeing with each other)

My question is before I even start to contemplate on agreeing with everything here is...have every village and/or it's Kage have their say in this topic yet?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2013, 05:35:30 AM »

Honestly? I don't know...I figured it's a slippery slope from here since it wasn't turned down in a mass majority, however it still wasn't debated and agreed upon as the "SL Mass Majority" per se. ( It's just a few people agreeing with each other)

My question is before I even start to contemplate on agreeing with everything here is...have every village and/or it's Kage have their say in this topic yet?

No, not every village, not even every Kage/Village/Clan head. The slope is not all that slippery, just not enough people trying to walk it is all.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2013, 05:39:30 AM »

I tossed a message in almost every village, the MoTD and the Mission HQ. If none of the (active) Kages have seen it, then something's definitely up. Otherwise I believe they have seen it, have briefly read through this topic (seeing as it would apply to them), though have chosen not to comment because either 1) they agree yet do not feel the need to say so or 2) they just don't care what happens.

If you feel like asking each and every Kage for this opinion, feel free too though. Though seeing as this is an open forum, there's no reason for them not to elaborate on any distinct distastes they have with the proposition in question.

I say just leave it undecided until the end of the week, and if nobody comes in by then to express something we haven't already expressed (generally something not entirely opposing this), then let it become official.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2013, 06:02:46 AM »

I think we should summarize what exactly we're all agreeing on here. Here's what I've gathered from this thread.

- Zoning for a Bijuu is eliminated as an absolute requirement*
- The identities of Jinchuriki are common knowledge IC (Ex. Gaara of Sunagakure is the Jinchuriki of Shukaku, the One-Tailed Tanuki) (You would think that this would already be common knowledge.)
- In accordance with the rule mentioned above, knowledge of their EXACT location is not known by everyone. (Gaara may be of Sunagakure, but he may or may not be out of the village.)
- One must seek out a Jinchuriki, incapacitate/capture/bind/seal them and then extract the Bijuu from them. Even if this means having to take on multiple defenders from the village or party that is with the Jinchuriki.
- Every Bijuu requires a host. Maximum time limit to find one is a week. (Penalty for not finding a host within the time limit has not been specified.)

And whatever was said in here.
If I were to make an overall suggestion about Bijuu and RP relations,

1. Remove challenges - This is something many a people have said, and it makes sense. If the bijuu are there to stimulate RP, then challenges which are outside of RP don't help at all. The only point I could see to them in the first place is that it gives someone without sealing techniques the ability to obtain a bijuu. To solve this particular point people could get over it. If more seal-type characters need to get involved, then that's good, it's just more stimulation for RP. Whether or not people just randomly add sealing to their characters... well, that's not something we can deal with with any more than a slap on the wrist.

2. Responsibility- I believe if you take on a bijuu, you are assuming the responsibility to the site and others to roleplay. In that sense, any large leave of absence for any reason should result in a bijuu being removed, as otherwise it isn't fair or fun for the other players. I would say that 2 week inactivity would be the limit here, without really good reason. Real life was busy is not a  good reason, as I guarantee you that anyone could find at least a minute or two to log on within 2 weeks.
   So what do you do if you got your bijuu taken away and you want it back? RP it back, go take it from the person who got it. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

3. Ownership in case of absence -
      If the participant was in a battle when he went absent, the challenger receives the bijuu.
      If the owner was not in a battle, then the leader in his CLAN, which may or may not be the village, receives the bijuu. A clan will be the assumed as the clan they are listed as in game, which will usually be the village -- this is to keep any retroactive decisions from arising if they were part of a separate "internal clan" or something. If that were the case, then they  should have just made their own clan and gave it affiliation with the village.
     If the absentee was not part of any clan, then the beast is in a free for all position, the specifications of which (tournament, mission, war, etc.) is to be decided on by majority rules within a one week time period after confirmed removal of the bijuu, and to be acted out within a week after the decision.

Do these make sense?

Flesh out and build upon these new rules, since I can already see a few loopholes here and there.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2013, 06:06:53 AM »

Flesh out and build upon these new rules, since I can already see a few loopholes here and there.

Mind sharing?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2013, 06:20:33 AM »

I think it was agree as well you got to step outside some. I don't really agree with the every week ordeal but at least once a month I would say.

Also if a Biju goes up without a host let it run free and whoever grabs it first gets it... I just love this idea is all. I know it will cause crazyness but hey it would be fun no doubt.

I think the time travel between villages should also be monitored here, incase someone was to call in help no getting there in a split second of posting but you need to actually wait and rp it as takign time.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2013, 06:27:14 AM »

I think it was agree as well you got to step outside some. I don't really agree with the every week ordeal but at least once a month I would say.

Also if a Biju goes up without a host let it run free and whoever grabs it first gets it... I just love this idea is all. I know it will cause crazyness but hey it would be fun no doubt.

I think the time travel between villages should also be monitored here, incase someone was to call in help no getting there in a split second of posting but you need to actually wait and rp it as takign time.

Gonna be having fun with Hiraishin marked Jinchuriki in Konoha no doubt then.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2013, 06:32:36 AM »

Once a month sounds alright, as long as they're still accessible (and active) within their village.

Letting the bijuu run rampant sounds fun. Multiple parties clashing together while constantly having to avoid TBB's could leave a pretty big dent.

Travel between villages really should depend on the speed of the transportation means one uses. On foot it should take a day or so if done non-stop and without interruption, and with a mount excelling in speed probably only half to a few hours.

I think though that bijuu should be able to be stored in objects, such as massive pots and the sort though only for a few days to a week max, just in case somebody defeats a bijuu though doesn't want it. Apply a cooldown to this as well, say a fortnight or so, so that it can't be abused (i.e. keep bijuu in jar, seal in someone, unseal it from them the next second and seal it back in the jar for another week, then rinse and repeat).

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2013, 06:36:42 AM »

Mind sharing?
If a Jinchuriki is ambiguously in the wilderness. There seems to be no real rule about that. I would like to suggest that they become open game for anyone that is, or has with them, a proficient sensor. This could also apply to those who are Missing-nin or are just not affiliated with a village and like to keep their whereabouts unknown.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.