Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I was wondering if it would be possible to make a Village Hidden in the Shades?  (Read 4721 times)

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile

I just wanted to know your thoughts on the matter. In an attempt to make death, less boring and to keep players on longer after they die.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile

I agree.
A village where you can rp would be awesome.

JayJay

• View Profile

There could also be a PvP feature to take favor from others and a favor bank to store favor even after you get a new oro kill.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile

I personally say no, and here is the main reason.

There is no need for there to be a village in the shades. It has several commentary areas, it has a 'forest' equivalent, access to undead zones that cannot be accessed from the living world.

Just use the already there shades, there is no need to make a dead city name for what's already there.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Pyro

• View Profile

Well having a village type of area would still be, in a sense fun. The idea of having PVP kills to gain favor would be good as well. Although if the PVP comes into play, then maybe there could be like an inn to stay the night in exchange for favor; safe night stay vs keeping favor.

The only reason why this would be a good idea is so that others can stay online after dying.

JayJay

• View Profile

Afterall, our favor is much like our experience while dead. People would stay on to protect that.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile

I'm with Jayjay.

Eric

• View Profile

They don't stay online to protect their XP while alive. Being in the shades wouldn't change that.

The only thing to make the shades more attractive again, is to RP or zone while dead. However, I like the idea that you're want to make the shades more attractive.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile

Let's make losing a game more attractive.

There's already a talking grounds.

There's already a zoning ground.

Just how well will RP float when you have to die to RP in a place? I guess you can talk to the dead, but that, in the end, is just so unneeded.

If you die, get off the computer or do something else online.

Kage

• View Profile

When people die, they go to the Pure World (浄土, jōdo). This is official Naruto canon and is a better idea than having a silly dead people village.

Eric

• View Profile

When people die, they go to the Pure World (浄土, jōdo). This is official Naruto canon and is a better idea than having a silly dead people village.

Well clearly death is not nearly as permanent in the SL realm, so a 'dead people' village is not entirely silly. Besides, Raifudo, if you die IG and can't RP in the village areas, a use could be found for it. Or, ya know, if you die IC, your game could still go on till you get reivved or something...

UettoSenju

• View Profile

I don't see any point in this truly. I just don't think changing the name from The Shades to The Village Hidden in the Shades is gonna make people rp more when they die.

There use to be a time at SL were people actively rped in the shades and fought in their zones. I recall times when I would suicide just to go to the shades and rp something or hang out there. Like fighting demons in one of the zones and what not.

It has just become that in this day in ago rp has declined in areas like this. Even the gardens aren't as active as they use to be I believe. You can change the name and all but I don't think it will have much impact.

People just don't find all that kind of rp to be appealing these days I suppose.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile

Well clearly death is not nearly as permanent in the SL realm, so a 'dead people' village is not entirely silly. Besides, Raifudo, if you die IG and can't RP in the village areas, a use could be found for it. Or, ya know, if you die IC, your game could still go on till you get reivved or something...

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile

Let's make losing a game more attractive.

There's already a talking grounds.

There's already a zoning ground.

Just how well will RP float when you have to die to RP in a place? I guess you can talk to the dead, but that, in the end, is just so unneeded.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile

You can rp where ever you want...that's up to you...but an actual village hidden in the shades? You do realize you can't rp anywhere else if you join that village....because you're dead. That means the living is off limits...

My advice...just wait for the next day and avoid dying.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.