Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules  (Read 21255 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 04:01:30 AM »

Seems fair.

Maybe the past host (assuming their character's dead) could control it if a GM is unable to do so if they've managed to master more than half of its tails when they were alive?
I'd think that if 50%> tails are mastered, then there'd be a somewhat friendly relationship between beast and host, enough for the beast to hold a grudge against those who partook in their death and favor towards those allied with the ex-host (meaning there'd be contextual bias depending on the deceased host's relationships).

Challenged and host are all the same. Anyways, the point of it is, a GM would only be required to control it if either the host abused their privilege or if the host and the challenger could not decide on someone to control the beast.

Controlling and mastering the tails is different than bonding with the beast. The latter is very subjective, but the former can be done without ever really bonding personally with the beast.

Yeah there is no way to measure how much your bijuu loves you though. So we should just leave it to tails.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 04:06:30 AM »

Seems fair.

Maybe the past host (assuming their character's dead) could control it if a GM is unable to do so if they've managed to master more than half of its tails when they were alive?
I'd think that if 50%> tails are mastered, then there'd be a somewhat friendly relationship between beast and host, enough for the beast to hold a grudge against those who partook in their death and favor towards those allied with the ex-host (meaning there'd be contextual bias depending on the deceased host's relationships).

Challenged and host are all the same. Anyways, the point of it is, a GM would only be required to control it if either the host abused their privilege or if the host and the challenger could not decide on someone to control the beast.

Controlling and mastering the tails is different than bonding with the beast. The latter is very subjective, but the former can be done without ever really bonding personally with the beast.

Yeah there is no way to measure how much your bijuu loves you though. So we should just leave it to tails.

Or, we should leave that out altogether, since, especially in recent times, not everyone is totally honest about when and how they master their tails. I'm not saying post every minute of it, but I know some people who have mastered their tails, all of them, day one.

I feel it would give too much leverage to the challenger. We are bound to have more than a single challenger with these RP rules in place, so if the host could always, no matter what, control the beast after their respective deaths, then in a tight spot, they would just allow themselves to be killed (rather than fight for just serious injury or complete dodge) in order to get the chance to control a wild tailed beast.

After all, if they were to kill all the challengers while as the tailed beast, they would remain the beast's controller/player for the remainder of that beast's free time. That's a power that I think shouldn't be tossed so easily into the host's hands.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 04:20:24 AM »

So what are you saying exactly? Just keep it where a GM does it unless otherwise stated?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 04:42:05 AM »

What I'm saying is keep the suggestion that I had written. First, the challenged and challengers can make a neutral call on who (anyone) to do it. Second, the challenged controls it. Abuse goes on, and then are GM's brought in from their caves to control it.

But, I understand your point, and since it's unlikely that the two will agree on anything, unless the former host is found abusing stuff, then they'll control the beast.

Abuse I know it relatively broad, but knowing us, I think keeping it broad is a good thing.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 04:45:37 AM »

What I'm saying is keep the suggestion that I had written. First, the challenged and challengers can make a neutral call on who (anyone) to do it. Second, the challenged controls it. Abuse goes on, and then are GM's brought in from their caves to control it.

But, I understand your point, and since it's unlikely that the two will agree on anything, unless the former host is found abusing stuff, then they'll control the beast.

Abuse I know it relatively broad, but knowing us, I think keeping it broad is a good thing.

Alright, that sounds good to me then.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 10:56:41 PM »

Or, we should leave that out altogether, since, especially in recent times, not everyone is totally honest about when and how they master their tails. I'm not saying post every minute of it, but I know some people who have mastered their tails, all of them, day one.

I'm pretty sure that it was one month per tail, or at least a certain specified period of time for one to grow as opposed to dishing in pages of posts to get them by the bulk.

But anyway, sounds good.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 01:15:23 AM »

Trev reminded me that there was going to be a rule that the bijuu have to be placed in a host, that you cannot seal them away for any long period of time, are we going to be doing that?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 02:08:06 AM »

Trev reminded me that there was going to be a rule that the bijuu have to be placed in a host, that you cannot seal them away for any long period of time, are we going to be doing that?

By the bolded text, was he referring to them being sealed in an object?

I do believe though that bijuu did have to be sealed in a host, and not in objects for indefinite periods of time.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 02:42:45 AM »

By the bolded text, was he referring to them being sealed in an object?

I do believe though that bijuu did have to be sealed in a host, and not in objects for indefinite periods of time.

That is what I meant, yes. There has to be some time they can be sealed away though. Just so a Jinchuriki can be picked. We just need to determine if you can keep them sealed for a week or something. Maybe a fortnight, to use the old grace period rule in a new way.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 03:20:03 AM »

That is what I meant, yes. There has to be some time they can be sealed away though. Just so a Jinchuriki can be picked. We just need to determine if you can keep them sealed for a week or something. Maybe a fortnight, to use the old grace period rule in a new way.

A fortnight's a bit too long, I'd think. A week's tops should suffice.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 03:44:33 AM »

Editted.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 05:54:32 AM »

Kamui brought up a point in our thankfully OOC fight that would have been a large pain had it been IC. He sealed the Nibi in his Kamui pocket dimension and I killed him, he was an Edo Tensei so his body just crumbled. The heck would happen then? Just say the Bijuu arbitrarily appears somewhere?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2013, 09:08:30 AM »

Kamui brought up a point in our thankfully OOC fight that would have been a large pain had it been IC. He sealed the Nibi in his Kamui pocket dimension and I killed him, he was an Edo Tensei so his body just crumbled. The heck would happen then? Just say the Bijuu arbitrarily appears somewhere?

I don't think I grasp, are you saying that a tailed beast is in the pocket dimension?

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 07:03:21 PM »

I don't think I grasp, are you saying that a tailed beast is in the pocket dimension?
Yes >.>

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 01:49:18 AM »

Yes >.>

Just to elaborate...I don't have any usage to the "Kamui" technique.
I basically did what Kabutomaru was planning on doing and that was sealing the beast into the KoH. ( Naraka Path )
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:51:57 AM by Camel »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.