Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules  (Read 21809 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2013, 05:17:19 AM »

So what about folks that decide to fight the beast rather than the player? Or if the player summons the beast right in the middle of places? If the beast were to be called into battle, say, middle of a village, that would practically be insta-hit on much of the village's infrastructure, and at least some of the shinobi would be devoted to fighting the beast alone, not to mention their likely well powered master..

All that aside, if you can have the tailed beast there by your side while you fight, there would be no point in there being jinckurii anymore, as most interested parties are strong enough to manipulate/befriend a tailed beaset on their own.

I think my final begrudgement would have to be the fact that, well, it's a fricken tailed beast. I know there are summons rivaling their strength, but having to fight a tailed beast and its Madara companion? Might as well go screw Sakura, get punched in the throat, and call it a day. It's not impossible, but the amount of damage that one could do with a tailed beast, legitimately, is just too considerable in my opinion.

There is no measurement of affection/manipulation or even tails mastery. Capture beast, make it do your bidding, and flatten a zone with a single swipe of blood and some handsigns.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2013, 05:48:06 AM »

Quote from: Eric
Nathan, the whole point of that was to avoid having the fight in the village itself. Even know, some RP (not a whole lot) is kinked because of what is going on right now in Konoha. Had Rakudo brought a force of Mist ninja, then we'd be talking a full scale war in the village board.

Which technically shouldn't be happening anyways per Neji's rules, but irregardless, a location outside the village would facilitate a zone transfer. Yeah, you can still attack the village if you want to (or even need to) but if people want to hoard the beast at the center of the village at every waking moment, they will have to have them go off on a stroll, even if it is still within sight of the village walls (relatively, abuse will be noted).

The highlighted commentary caught my eye here and I have to ask, when was it against the rules to RP a fight within the village's squares?
It's fine as long as it doesn't interfere with rule one and two.
The fighting there must've gotten pretty bad that it caused Neji to enforce this "rule" without any of the staff knowing.

Another thing I would like to bring up is the sudden change of the rules without much of a majority vote from the rest of the community.
That's very suspicious, if you ask me.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2013, 06:08:48 AM »

Nathan, the whole point of that was to avoid having the fight in the village itself. Even know, some RP (not a whole lot) is kinked because of what is going on right now in Konoha. Had Rakudo brought a force of Mist ninja, then we'd be talking a full scale war in the village board.

Which technically shouldn't be happening anyways per Neji's rules, but irregardless, a location outside the village would facilitate a zone transfer. Yeah, you can still attack the village if you want to (or even need to) but if people want to hoard the beast at the center of the village at every waking moment, they will have to have them go off on a stroll, even if it is still within sight of the village walls (relatively, abuse will be noted).

The highlighted commentary caught my eye here and I have to ask, when was it against the rules to RP a fight within the village's squares?
The fighting there must've gotten pretty bad that it caused Neji to enforce this "rule" without any of the staff knowing.

Another thing I would like to bring up is the sudden change of the rules without much of a majority vote from the rest of the community.

Yumei flung links to the topic over every board while we were doing it and the first topic (this one was really just to finalize the rules) had like 1000+ views :P

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2013, 06:21:44 AM »

Yumei flung links to the topic over every board while we were doing it and the first topic (this one was really just to finalize the rules) had like 1000+ views :P

I don't think you noticed but maybe some of us weren't here when Yumei started to spam link to the forums thread on here. (I recently learned about it not too long ago)
You didn't take that into account and look at it from another point of view, the changes made on the thread seem like it was done by merely a suggestion rather then the community's. (Eric's)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:22:27 AM by Camel »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2013, 06:24:05 AM »

I don't think you noticed but maybe some of us weren't here when Yumei started to spam link to the forums thread on here. (I recently learned about it not too long ago)

Why those who did read it not spread the news or even bother discussing it with others is beyond me.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2013, 06:24:15 AM »

It's not my idea to deploy the new rules, I still consider them under construction.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2013, 06:26:46 AM »

Why those who did read it not spread the news or even bother discussing it with others is beyond me.

Why weren't individuals that were in possessions of the bijuu, notified by mail instead?
Herp Derp.
I posted in the villages squares the link, but forgot to account that commentary can get lost due to other players posting.
Not too mention, the commentary has a limit before it expires. (One week)

Quote from: Rakudo
It's not my idea to deploy the new rules, I still consider them under construction.

I consider them all too sudden without much of a majority input.
I don't even know what to think anymore, if you ask me... :oops:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:28:33 AM by Camel »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2013, 06:32:50 AM »

I saw a few hosts on the forum around the time (some of which didn't bother posting), so I figured word would eventually make itself around to the others. That does not seem to have been the case now, huh.

Fact is now, more are aware of the (proposed) rules, and possess the ability to criticize them. By all means do.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2013, 07:08:47 AM »

So what about folks that decide to fight the beast rather than the player? Or if the player summons the beast right in the middle of places? If the beast were to be called into battle, say, middle of a village, that would practically be insta-hit on much of the village's infrastructure, and at least some of the shinobi would be devoted to fighting the beast alone, not to mention their likely well powered master..

All that aside, if you can have the tailed beast there by your side while you fight, there would be no point in there being jinckurii anymore, as most interested parties are strong enough to manipulate/befriend a tailed beaset on their own.

I think my final begrudgement would have to be the fact that, well, it's a fricken tailed beast. I know there are summons rivaling their strength, but having to fight a tailed beast and its Madara companion? Might as well go screw Sakura, get punched in the throat, and call it a day. It's not impossible, but the amount of damage that one could do with a tailed beast, legitimately, is just too considerable in my opinion.

There is no measurement of affection/manipulation or even tails mastery. Capture beast, make it do your bidding, and flatten a zone with a single swipe of blood and some handsigns.

My only response to this is that there are far more OP techniques out there that can annihilate villages.(Grand shinra tensei, Chibaku Tensei, elemental techniques tuned to max strength, etc.) Not only this, but what about those jinchuuriki who simply uses the full transformation of a biju? Welp, there goes the entire argument there.

Also, there is a point to being a jinchuuriki; near limitless and constant supply of chakra and extra abilities to boot. That is far more incentive than simply controlling a biju. I'm just saying that if we're going to have Biju be a tool to be hunted down, let it be the entire tool set instead of a simple hammer. Such is the power of a biju after all, and in my opinion it should be fully unleashed, or one should have the option of doing such without having the title "jinchuuriki" shoved down their throat. It is rather unfair to those who want a biju, but does not want to be a jinchuuriki, is it not?

Not to mention, would this not open a window for all of the biju hunters who are solitary? Allowing them to use the biju they acquire aside from the one within them instead of having to relinquish it right after due to not having a "proper host"? (Unless we can seal multiple biju within ourselves...That would be boss.)
Lol I'm hungry.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »

My only response to this is that there are far more OP techniques out there that can annihilate villages.(Grand shinra tensei, Chibaku Tensei, elemental techniques tuned to max strength, etc.) Not only this, but what about those jinchuuriki who simply uses the full transformation of a biju? Welp, there goes the entire argument there.

Also, there is a point to being a jinchuuriki; near limitless and constant supply of chakra and extra abilities to boot. That is far more incentive than simply controlling a biju. I'm just saying that if we're going to have Biju be a tool to be hunted down, let it be the entire tool set instead of a simple hammer. Such is the power of a biju after all, and in my opinion it should be fully unleashed, or one should have the option of doing such without having the title "jinchuuriki" shoved down their throat. It is rather unfair to those who want a biju, but does not want to be a jinchuuriki, is it not?

Not to mention, would this not open a window for all of the biju hunters who are solitary? Allowing them to use the biju they acquire aside from the one within them instead of having to relinquish it right after due to not having a "proper host"? (Unless we can seal multiple biju within ourselves...That would be boss.)

I can't argue against that (except that multi-biju host idea, which is like a minefield with how things are now) so for the most part, I don't have much to say on that.

Regarding the rules and everything. The rules had been rather weakly enforced along with that lack of widespread knowledge (at least, I didn't really enforce them) so it never really dawned on me to start spamming the link into village board chats and PMs.

The original thread, in fact, had many of the ideas that are listed here. While you are still not gonna find a horde of people the size of a small town having posted comments, the original thread had been summarized and re-posted for the sake of convenience.

As such convenience, it failed to hit the mark that the hosts, new and old, were completely clueless that this had even happened a month or so ago.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7846.165.html

There is the original thread. People want summaries so a summary was given sometime later. Reposted, anyways, to clean everything up. The fact that there were so many hits on the original made it seem like the new list was already at least read. The proposed section obviously was not apart of the original discussion, which is why it is still labeled proposed.

There are shady things going on, but the community not having some input on this is not one of those things. :P

I see your point regarding the rule, as it is not stated anywhere that you cannot have a fight in the village square.

Between rule one and rule two, half the time when a village board is the site of a battle, toes are stepped on, people start getting somewhat hostile, and sometimes it all just breaks down to OOC bickering, either in PM's or in the square. All the while, this fight sometimes holds up the entire board since the entire village is supposedly engaged.

In Konoha atm, that isn't quite the case, but I'm sure if I dug some I could find a reasonable example. It's not against the rules to fight in the village boards outright, but when grief stems from them, common sense suggests that it's best to just reserve that for the zones. I mean, that is what the zones were made for.

They don't say "you are allowed to fight here" for kicks. I do admit that I made that mistake though, likely out of my negative experiences with village fights.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:29:21 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »

What if you and a few other shinobi go to a village/Zone to challenge a biju  host.
Would only one shinobi fight the host or could the group take him/her on.
I'm not sure if it was discussed above or somewhere else.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2013, 01:25:12 PM »

What if you and a few other shinobi go to a village/Zone to challenge a biju  host.

Multiple can fight the host, unless for some reason the invading party has some sense of chivalrous ring to it. The host can also have a group of defenders accompanying them as well.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2013, 01:56:16 PM »

Multiple can fight the host, unless for some reason the invading party has some sense of chivalrous ring to it. The host can also have a group of defenders accompanying them as well.

Neat.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »

Neat.

So example the argument Magic ears is sorted out Rakudo wins blabla (I'm not saying that will be so) if then attacks Yujo  can we as leaf shinobi team up with Yujo and beat the crap out of him?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2013, 02:41:11 PM »

So example the argument Magic ears is sorted out Rakudo wins blabla (I'm not saying that will be so) if then attacks Yujo  can we as leaf shinobi team up with Yujo and beat the crap out of him?

That'd be fine.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:41:48 PM by Angra Mainyu »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.