Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Infinite Private Zones  (Read 1850 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Infinite Private Zones
« on: August 10, 2013, 07:46:46 AM »

Alright, so I know that we have these private zones, which is pretty cool for using if all the public ones are taken. It's also pretty great that they stick around and stay documented on the server for future reference. But I was kind of wondering if it could be possible to use infinite private zones; private zones that would stay open forever.

Now I could understand some issues that could come up when implementing this. The first would be the amount of space that would be needed on the server to hold anything and everything that happens in them. This would lead into the second issue, which would be that it's available for everyone to do and would lead to even more clutters of data the server has to retain.

Here's my suggestion on how to remedy this. For the first, make the older commentaries disappear like in the main commentary areas after a certain limit of new commentaries or time has been reached. For the second, make these infinite zones harder to open. The current price for private zones is chump-change when someone has reached level 15. So make the gold cost a bit higher, and even include a gem cost. Something like the price of a city house (50,000 gold/100 gems) would seem fair. Bump it up to 100,000 gold/200 gems if that seems a bit better. Slap on a DP price too.

Why am I suggesting this? Well I thought it would be more of a convenience to have these, since certain fights or RPs can sometimes last for days or possibly even weeks. I also thought this would be cool for more areas of public RP. It can help sprout some activity here and there. There could even be certain perks that could be added onto it if one is willing to cough up the gold/gems/DP/all of the above forms of payment. Like custom-naming it, uploading a 240x135 or 240x240 picture and a description.

To anyone else reading this, throw in some ideas and opinions here and there. With enough attention and supporters, this could be an actual thing.

Note: This suggestion originally sprouted from another feature request topic. I merely decided to make it a separate suggestion thread and elaborate upon it.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7770.0.html

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Infinite Private Zones
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:51:05 AM »

I like the idea of the private zones lasting longer. Perhaps not infinite, but longer than they are now.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:52:09 AM »

I think you should just be able to purchase extensions for your private zone time.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 09:12:57 PM »

Aye not infinite but extensions so you can keep them open as long as you need them to be.  A lot of fights drag on for weeks and they get their panties in a twist when someone wants to actually use the zone sometime that month.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 12:50:40 AM »

I like the idea of your own private zone with the ability to modify the environmental descriptions whenever you want.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 06:10:21 AM »

Custom zones; Custon title, custom description, and a maximum time frame of 1 month?
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 05:29:51 PM »

I was thinking....

This can be an extension of the dwelling house.
Slap the 100,000 gold/200 gems/100 DP (whatever the cost) to unlock the feature within your dwelling house.

The problem is people who have keys can enter your dwelling so what happens when you ran out of keys?
Create another set of keys (unlimited amount or at least 10) to give away for exclusive entry to the private zone only.

Private zone comes with options such as including text to describe the "setting", different-sided dices that you can roll, and a timer.

Of course, the downside to this would be people have to go to the village where your dwelling lies to enter your private zone. Unless another feature can be added such as....

A shop where we can scry into people's dwelling to chat/RP, given that the person has a key to the dwelling s/he wishes to scry in.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.