Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cerberus sage mode.  (Read 4516 times)

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
Re: Cerberus sage mode.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »

You might as well just state that the weaknesses are the common sage mode traits, although I guess there is good reason for that notation. Interesting how smell is labeled there as well, perhaps there is hope for smell-triggered genjutsu users yet.  :D

You can absorb the chakra of fire jutsu, however, I just have to ask as to what fire jutsu you can't absorb. You say almost any fire jutsu, and I wonder if that consists of Katon, Ameratsu, etc. or if it also concerns fiery derivatives like scorch and explosive (if you consider that fiery).

If you can also absorb the chakra via inhalation, then that would suggest that either your insides are also fire proof (more or less) or that the fire is converted to more harmless forms of chakra upon entry. My guess is the latter, but since it will only work from the front, it doesn't seem as much like an undertoned Preta Path.

I presume that the water releases are due to your natural affinity for water, since the sage mode itself seems very fire oriented.

With terror bark, perhaps more description of what it could do to a person might would be helpful. Tearing through the rocks and the ground, is it concussive like most sound techs of that type, or does it have a cutting edge as well? Is it gonna knock someone out or just fling them halfway across the arena?

Creativity points for riding earthen pillars like... err... rides. And since they're coated in natural energy, it can be presumed that senjutsu would also be an effective way to take them out as well.

Regarding the Cerberus pack, I kind of like the tone, though I wonder what the definition of complex taijutsu is.

Finally, though this is more nitpicking than anything, a space between modo and the kanji for Cerberus.

So yeah, nice, I can only imagine how much this will grow as you become more familiar and comfortable with sage mode.  :D
I labelled smell as a weakness because when Naruto farted in Kiba's face was hilarious and it basically weakened him

D rank to B rank katon justus. Some A rank
The fire is converted to harmless chakra upon entry
I can't absorb any Amaterasu or scorch release.

Terror bark could be more descriptive, I'm just lazy to update it.
It doesn't have a cutting edge, it's sound pressure.

Senjutsu can take out the pillars.

Complex taijutsu, I'm not going to give info as I like to not display all the ways to counter my techniques.

I translated it that way.(the kanji)

Also thanks for the input Eric.

Complex taijutsu hm? I presume something that is named rather than a random fist and a kick right? xD

Anyways, if someone weakens you by farting in your face, then that is actually a fight I would have to archive for the lulz.

Okay, so the bark is concussive. Gotcha.

That's it for me. As they all said, sometimes you'll get a check mark, and sometimes you'll get a hot rod.

A Tsunade/Sakura punch would  do the trick or if you trained insanely like Lee.

If that ever happens I'll flee.

;-)

Okay.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:27:56 PM by Lazy Oogakari, Steel »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 07:30:17 AM »

You can absorb the chakra of fire jutsu.... via inhalation... insides are also fire proof (more or less)... blaa blaa blaa

If you go by that logic most Katon users would be dead due to their insides being burned... like Sasuke, Itachi, Madara, 3rd Hokage, Old Pervy Sage....

'Fire Release (火遁, Katon; English TV "Fire Style") is one of the basic elemental nature transformations. It is performed by molding superheated chakra inside the stomach before releasing it via the lungs and mouth.' ~ Narutopedia

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 11:49:33 AM »

You can absorb the chakra of fire jutsu.... via inhalation... insides are also fire proof (more or less)... blaa blaa blaa

If you go by that logic most Katon users would be dead due to their insides being burned... like Sasuke, Itachi, Madara, 3rd Hokage, Old Pervy Sage....

'Fire Release (火遁, Katon; English TV "Fire Style") is one of the basic elemental nature transformations. It is performed by molding superheated chakra inside the stomach before releasing it via the lungs and mouth.' ~ Narutopedia

The chakra, perhaps, is released via the lungs and mouth, but the actual fire would have to be sparked after leaving the sensitive areas of the body. If the insides truly were fire proof, then Katon users would be nothing short of immune to fire. It is principle that Katon users are not immune to fire simply due to being able to use it well (resistant is one thing, taking a fireball to the face and having minimal burns is another) or having it as their prime element.

I am not saying that superheated chakra is less dangerous than, you know, some fire that you breathe in, but if we go by the logic that katon cannot harm the lungs and mouth of a Katon user, then being able to inhale fire would be a trait that almost any specialized Katon user can use to spit fire back at their opponents. I have yet to see someone get away with it in the zones, or the series for that matter.

Sage mode hardiness making the insides even more resistant, if you look at it that way, might would be enough in moderated doses, but I still don't think inhaling gunpowder that is then detonated by a spark, or a stream of fire for that matter is good for your lung health. 
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »

No I think even the data book notes it to be the same as that and images from the manga and anime have shown the fire inside the belly as that's where it is mixed... If I recall correctly.

Perhaps you are just over thinking this and need to recall this is a unrealistic happening of things in the narutoverse. Not everything needs to be logical in reality nor even with itself, it's magic simply pit. It magically happens that way and that's just what it is no other thought needed.   

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 01:57:47 AM »

So if it magically happens, then are you saying that I can breathe in Katon and spit it back out without being specifically a Cerberus sage mode user?  :-?

Or better yet, use chakra to extract the physical and mental energies and absorb it in mah belly?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 05:31:24 AM »

So if it magically happens, then are you saying that I can breathe in Katon and spit it back out without being specifically a Cerberus sage mode user?  :-?

Or better yet, use chakra to extract the physical and mental energies and absorb it in mah belly?

If Kishi says so then yes.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.