Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Magic Ears  (Read 29999 times)

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Magic Ears
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 11:20:06 PM »

There hearing is the most ridiculous part of this whole joke. Serious it is completely unlegit. Let me try and explain why.

As Trev as shown us, yes there is a passive Ototon skill which increases the users hearing, and ability to hear, and filter the sounds possibly. However, he also stated it wasn't to the extent people had once abused.

Now lets look at the actual situation here. Rakudo walks into the village, Yujo is in the center of the village, easily a good few kilometers away. Now, how does Yujo being able to hear everything with in that radius of himself make an sense at all people? Really?
First of all, lets think for a moment, as Rakudo pointed out what would happen if he did listen to all of that all the time. How would he even have a normal conversation as he was at the time? 'Oh sorry, I can't hear you over the other thousand or so voices in my head guys.' So yeah, Rakudo would be spot on with the effects of what happens in that case. Also I like how Nathan tries to appeal to Superman here... really dude? Really? That's laughable.
'But wait! He can filter through, and just focus on Rakudo's voice!' Okay, makes sense... if he had a reason to focus on Rakudo, which he didn't. I'm pretty sure the barrier theory of why that might have alerted him to Rakudo has pretty much been shown to be stupid, even then in Yujo's post he acknowledged no reasoning as to why he heard, just he magically did. Perhaps Yujo filters through all the thousands of conversation at all points? Checks if there is anything worth hearing going on? That's complete rubbish too, the amount of processing power to do that would far exceed his tiny brain, and even if he could, what's the chances he would catch one little comment spoken far far away, with the crowds of the village all around him?
And lets not forget at the distances spoken hear, that sound which actually take a finite time to travel, so when Yujo heard this, Rakudo would have moved from the location at which he spoke it, doubtfully much, but still would have moved.

So there is a few reasons why the super hearing claims are complete and utter crap. I won't even start on the rest because once this is thrown out, there is no need to complete the others.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 12:08:11 AM »

Ummm... First off let me just point out that Rakudo would be picked up by the barrier and watched. The guy has attacked Konoha before after all. I fought him along with other SSM before while they were attacking. Therefor the data base would pick him up. Plus not to mention he is a Mist Shinobi which plays a key role in him being watched as well... I was the Head of Konoha's patrol guards the patrol guards play a major role in watching who enter via this barrier and visual means. My character dislikes and distrust Kiri, refer to your history books for that one. Therefor I had the patrol guards watch them closely even if I am not the chief anymore they follow the same ordeal I founded when I was. Plus Rakudo would have been noted the second he came to the gate via camera systems that monitor the gate, wall, and Mai street.

So I am sure that All the higher ups of Konoha could note his inten well just by the survanlance and the data base reason his facial expretions and lips which would be instantly wired to the minds of the high ups and the data systems of ANBU, pg, and root.

The moment you step foot at those gates you are being watched heavily. No matter who you are... And I you a SSM you can bet your sweet bottom you are being watched triple time.

Even without this hearing we all could note Rakudo being there and all. Even me as I may have went rogue but I still hold all the rights cause I was not stripped of them by Nathan yet plus I have direct contact to the data bases via the SGT.

Also I don't even think we have ever rped the Holage Mamsion to be kilometers away from the gate. And in all fairness I don't think Rakudo stated a certain distance from the building for use to say he is this far away.

Anyways. I still question the instant activation of ration no yoroi and shunshin simultaneously without a single hand seal being made.

If Yujo's Kamui is to void so should this combo of jutsu stacking in thin air I would have to believe. So both party should just compromise and void those two actions until they can be reworked for future events.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 12:12:38 AM »

There hearing is the most ridiculous part of this whole joke. Serious it is completely unlegit. Let me try and explain why.

As Trev as shown us, yes there is a passive Ototon skill which increases the users hearing, and ability to hear, and filter the sounds possibly. However, he also stated it wasn't to the extent people had once abused.

Now lets look at the actual situation here. Rakudo walks into the village, Yujo is in the center of the village, easily a good few kilometers away. Now, how does Yujo being able to hear everything with in that radius of himself make an sense at all people? Really?
First of all, lets think for a moment, as Rakudo pointed out what would happen if he did listen to all of that all the time. How would he even have a normal conversation as he was at the time? 'Oh sorry, I can't hear you over the other thousand or so voices in my head guys.' So yeah, Rakudo would be spot on with the effects of what happens in that case. Also I like how Nathan tries to appeal to Superman here... really dude? Really? That's laughable.
'But wait! He can filter through, and just focus on Rakudo's voice!' Okay, makes sense... if he had a reason to focus on Rakudo, which he didn't. I'm pretty sure the barrier theory of why that might have alerted him to Rakudo has pretty much been shown to be stupid, even then in Yujo's post he acknowledged no reasoning as to why he heard, just he magically did. Perhaps Yujo filters through all the thousands of conversation at all points? Checks if there is anything worth hearing going on? That's complete rubbish too, the amount of processing power to do that would far exceed his tiny brain, and even if he could, what's the chances he would catch one little comment spoken far far away, with the crowds of the village all around him?
And lets not forget at the distances spoken hear, that sound which actually take a finite time to travel, so when Yujo heard this, Rakudo would have moved from the location at which he spoke it, doubtfully much, but still would have moved.

So there is a few reasons why the super hearing claims are complete and utter crap. I won't even start on the rest because once this is thrown out, there is no need to complete the others.

Everything Kaito said.

Hearing everything around you super clear is all well and good, but being able to suddenly pick someone out because they are headed for you?  Meta-gaming pure and simple.  Maybe if Rakudo had yelled above the crowd to stand out it would make sense to focus on his voice, but all he did was talk to himself at a normal volume.

Hell, even if you could sense the Hachibi's chakra and go "oh shit, what's that chakra?  I better focus my attention in that direction."  It would take longer than what Yujo posted to find Rakudo, and then he would have missed what he had said entirely.

Honestly, I'm not even looking at what Kirk or Rakudo did in the posts because I can't get over how we're just letting this auditory thing slide.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »

Like sai drop it this time and rework it to be a point that you have to focus to hear to that extent.

Like Yujo senses Rakudo, Yujo then focuses his Ototon skills to listen in on him. That would seem better to me.

But like I also said the two just need to compromise as activating two jutsu like that isn't really any better I think.

All I did was poke my hand out of the ground >.>

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 12:44:05 AM »

Now keep in mind that i'm impartial here. If i'm in error, then so be it. Not here to flame or any other BS like that.

First off, this barrier. From what Nathan tells me, as well as the profile wiki entry, it will differentiate friend and foe alike(how it does or not is not in question. It simply does...). Simple as that. The whole business about it singling out Rakudo would be quite logical considering at the time of his post, he did not post anyone entering with him, and therefore would be on watch/detected by himself, which Yujo could take advantage of, giving him a reason to spot Rakudo and focus on him.

Second: The epic hearing. With the above point being stated, Yujo would focus on him due to being linked to the konoha barrier. Now according to Yujo, he was trained in the Ototon hearing which lets him hear over a village apparently. Trained for 6 RL months to get a correct duration of time. With that training duration, I'm assuming that one would be used to the overwhelming amount of voices, noises, etc and therefore would have lived past the disadvantage of having superman hearing, eliminating the fact that he would oh so suddenly be assaulted by every noise in the world. While, yes, it's rather outlandish to have such a range on anything, one cannot dispute training, else Rakudo would lose his "fastest man alive" title, Kirk would lose his character(or most of it anyway) etc...

Third: The kamui. From what I've picked up on the jutsu from the years on SL, kamui has always been considered instantaneous. The creation of the barrier is, at least. I might also mention that the escaping of the barrier, once concocted is impossible through most means. The closing of the space time barrier would be the part that takes time to use depending on the level of ability that the user boasts with the technique. Yujo would have that in the bag, considering he's GM of the Uchiha and his character has always had the ability, covering both the RP and in game aspects of the situation. Simply running out of the barrier would not suffice in escaping it.

If there's anything I missed, please inbox me and i'll edit the post, otherwise this is simply my input. If Yujo's post isn't legit, then a simple repost would be able to fix everything in my eyes.
Lol I'm hungry.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 02:42:59 AM »

You know after I really think about it.

If that dog clan can smell up to a few miles and the Hyuuga can see for a few miles why can't the Ototon masters hear to a similar degree? It really isn't that far fetched.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2013, 02:50:14 AM »

The issue isn't seeing/smelling mile-wide, but hearing village wide. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's a little hard to grasp. Unless a village is like 5 miles all around. It wouldn't be farfetched as everyone walks everywhere.
Lol I'm hungry.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2013, 03:01:48 AM »

The issue isn't seeing/smelling mile-wide, but hearing village wide. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's a little hard to grasp. Unless a village is like 5 miles all around. It wouldn't be farfetched as everyone walks everywhere.

The main argument is hearing all the sounds at once makes it void I think. But that doesn't stand if the dog people can smell up to a long distance. I mean wouldn't they be smelling a bunch of stuff to that the seem to be able to just ignore and all to locate that one smell. Really Yujo hearing Rakudo would be no different then a member of said clan smelling him from there.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2013, 03:03:06 AM »

I'm honestly surprised you guys say that about Ototon, half the reason Ototon got revamped from the old way Yujo is using, is because of complaints.

I mean its still possible to hear hundreds of meters now, its just an advanced technique with a little prep work and not on auto-pilot like the minor supplementary technique.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2013, 04:27:16 AM »

I peeked at this on my phone at work to try and keep up and from what I have been reading my whole post is hinging on when Kirk's actions take place. According to Nathan this,

"Unknowingly to Kirk Rakudo would seem to be in a bind himself."

somehow infers Kirk's actions take place after Yujo's. I don't see how though. That seems to be inferring Kirk is acting at the same time as Yujo. Because he doesn't know that I am being attacked.

Some additional stuff too, Yujo cannot benefit from info from the barrier at this time as far as I see. He did not mention the barrier or information gleaned from it in his post when he attempted to Kamui me, so he has to work with sound alone.

I activated my Byakugan probably as Yujo was walking to the window, I said I shunshined right as he looked out, so Byakugan had to be before that, I think Kage or someone said I activated them right as I got Kamui'd, which is not the case.

(Continuing into a second post)

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 04:42:37 AM »

SO HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS IN MY POST

I activate my Byakugan, Yujo is walking toward the window, Kirk is under the ground beneath me.

My intent is to zoom in on the Hokage mansion (I have two Byakugan eyes and my Rinnegan in my Third Eye Technique FYI Kirk) but since I get my 360 vision when I activate them I see Kirk coming up toward Samehada, so I Raiton Shunshin to grab Samehada and get out of the way before he can touch it, which causes me to be moving as Yujo looks out the window to Kamui me.

Here is where it gets fun, as I found out we are literally on opposite ends of the village from one another. So lets hypothetically say Konoha is a mere mile wide.

That my friends is several man sharpshooting at targets that are 5/8th of a mile away. The targets are those teeny white things all the way in the background. Still not as far as me and Yujo in our hypothetical scenario. Now we all know Konoha is larger than one mile wide. So, who here can honestly say (other than Yujo) that Yujo can hit one of the fastest possible moving targets with a Kamui the size of a BASEBALL at, lets modestly say, double that distance. He's really gonna no scope head shot me there? Really?

I am moving BEFORE, the Kamui hits me, that is why I am saying I avoid it. Yujo has to move his eyes to my head, and at the point I am already moving. Increase the distance in that pic by two or three times and then for good measure shoot the targets out of a cannon perpendicularly away from the shooter.

Is there REALLY anyone here heavily lobotomized enough to say that "Oh yeah he's got you dead to rights man." Nathan? Yujo? Kirk? Anyone? REALLY?!?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 05:10:28 AM »

I activate my Byakugan, Yujo is walking toward the window, Kirk is under the ground beneath me.

My intent is to zoom in on the Hokage mansion (I have two Byakugan eyes and my Rinnegan in my Third Eye Technique FYI Kirk) but since I get my 360 vision when I activate them I see Kirk coming up toward Samehada, so I Raiton Shunshin to grab Samehada and get out of the way before he can touch it, which causes me to be moving as Yujo looks out the window to Kamui me.

Here is where it gets fun, as I found out we are literally on opposite ends of the village from one another. So lets hypothetically say Konoha is a mere mile wide.

That my friends is several man sharpshooting at targets that are 5/8th of a mile away. The targets are those teeny white things all the way in the background. Still not as far as me and Yujo in our hypothetical scenario. Now we all know Konoha is larger than one mile wide. So, who here can honestly say (other than Yujo) that Yujo can hit one of the fastest possible moving targets with a Kamui the size of a BASEBALL at, lets modestly say, double that distance. He's really gonna no scope head shot me there? Really?

I am moving BEFORE, the Kamui hits me, that is why I am saying I avoid it. Yujo has to move his eyes to my head, and at the point I am already moving. Increase the distance in that pic by two or three times and then for good measure shoot the targets out of a cannon perpendicularly away from the shooter.

Is there REALLY anyone here heavily lobotomized enough to say that "Oh yeah he's got you dead to rights man." Nathan? Yujo? Kirk? Anyone? REALLY?!?

The fact that you managed to do that from your phone is commendable by my flip phone standards. Oh, and it makes some sense too, that's a plus.  :P
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2013, 05:39:10 AM »

I think the Byakugan is pinpointed to where you are focusing not shifted. I have noted Neji looking I'm other locations then the 360 degrees upon activation. So if you focus was to the Hokage Mansion I would have to think the would be a slight delay in you noticing my arm and doing your instant combo jutsu activation. Perhaps enough time to give Yujo for the Kamui. Really if you are focused else where you aren't gonna react as fast to my arm.

Also my arm should be starting to spring about the time Yujo is looking out the window. He did so right after I left the office and you would be entering through the gates while I was starting to leave I do believe.

Now as for the location that you were at when this happened well I don't get you being at the gate out of this. It is hard to argue location when you didn't state in your post exactly, but rather you are moving along the Main Street. Really if you and the sword are dashing towards the building then you have probably covered a good bit of area between the gate and the building seeing as you two are fast no doubt.

So you entered the village whiles I'm talking to them in the office, your sword being with you was a repost remember that. You had already started dashing down the road while I'm still in the office. Then I leave while Yujo is making his way to the window. By this time I would think your dashing has place you closer to the building. I didn't intercept your dash near the gate nor did Yujo note to spot you there but rather in the street. It would be meta-gaming if I wasn't rising from the ground after you had already been running to the building. Them I rose from the ground unknowningly to the fact you yourself were in a bind, meaning you were already being targeted by an instant Kamui. So as you activate your Buskugan that would originally be focused towards the Hokage building you would be Kamuied. I think that places the Kamui before the raiton shunshin.

I went and re-read it all to draw that conclusion. To argue location is not valid without your post having said that you were at such and such location. That's just something I believe in though.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2013, 05:45:05 AM »

The fact that you managed to do that from your phone is commendable by my flip phone standards. Oh, and it makes some sense too, that's a plus.  :P

Does everything from his phone  8)

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2013, 05:53:41 AM »

Except Yujo posted hearing me, and I spoke to Samehada just as we began walking into the village. He said it took him two seconds to walk over and Kamui me. So we wouldn't even have begun to really move. Yujo retro posted me and I am using that to my advantage.

I know you are saying you used Mayfly or whatever, but here is thing, you didn't say what effect it would have. All you said was "your transportation technique", and that means nothing to me. I see you with my Byakugan under the ground before Yujo casts his Kamui. I have to activate the Byakugan before I can focus on the mansion, so I would see you as soon as I do. If you had said something like "Uetto moves up through the ground toward Samehada, and would not be detectable by Rakudo until he breached the surface", you would have me, but you didn't do that.

Like I said too there is no clear indication of the chronology here, you seem to be acting in sync with Yujo as it seems to me. My post is preempting both of you essentially.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.