Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cerberus sage mode.  (Read 4528 times)

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
Cerberus sage mode.
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:06:36 PM »

Hey, I just want to know if I can use my summon's sage mode without someone going and saying I'm God modding or something, so could someone please take a look at it.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus_Sage_mode

If you could please look at the derived jutsu as well.

That will be great.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:07:57 PM by Lazy Oogakari, Steel »

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
Re: Cerberus sage mode.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:23:18 PM »

I don't see what's the problem of you having Sage Node. I mean, your In-Game abilities does not apply to RP abilities.

You might start out training first. That would make the Sage Mode training more "realistic."

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 12:27:06 PM »

I don't see what's the problem of you having Sage Node. I mean, your In-Game abilities does not apply to RP abilities.

You might start out training first. That would make the Sage Mode training more "realistic."

Thanks.

I'm planning to do the training I'm just making sure no one has a problem with it.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 03:34:03 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of non-canon but what fun is there if you can't add your own twist in different aspects. I hope I'm not contradicting myself you can make an entirely new jutsu in my opinion if the element already exhists and the effects coincides with the factual properties of a jutsu.

E.g a fire jutsu, fire burns, fire spreads, it's viable E.g we all know fire doesn't explode on it's own, that's blast or whatever the heck that kekkai genkai is called. So forming a fire jutsu with blast properties without having the Kekkai Genkai is just insane.

Also when some create their own they often exaggerate the power, leaving the jutsu with little to no weakness, everything has a loophole. I guess it all boils down to god-modding for real. I just like the idea of rolling with canon to avoid such arguments anyway. In nearly every fight there's at least one move/turn that gets challenged by the opposition.

Canon techniques/ canon-possible scenarios are easier in my opinion to debate. You can say anything about something you made up entirely. I've came across that and seen that in action which is why I'm saying I don't reallyyyy mind it. I just like to avoid it if that makes any sense.

Mind you some non-canon techniques are good and fine you know. It's just some ninja don't properly think out their techniques or simply god-mod it all depends on the user and how they go about their business.

Good luck sage mode training. :)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »

Most nowadays will say that you have to have the reborns. I was one of the few who had Sage Mode and trained it before the reborns, but I still had to reborn to use it against most people. It all depends on who you RP with.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:03:52 PM by Nathan »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 07:00:17 PM »

Personally don't like the ability to absorb fire jutsu. Immunity to fire or whatever makes sense but that seems like something you just kinda tagged on to see if you could get away with it. Other than that it looks fine to me.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »

You might as well just state that the weaknesses are the common sage mode traits, although I guess there is good reason for that notation. Interesting how smell is labeled there as well, perhaps there is hope for smell-triggered genjutsu users yet.  :D

You can absorb the chakra of fire jutsu, however, I just have to ask as to what fire jutsu you can't absorb. You say almost any fire jutsu, and I wonder if that consists of Katon, Ameratsu, etc. or if it also concerns fiery derivatives like scorch and explosive (if you consider that fiery).

If you can also absorb the chakra via inhalation, then that would suggest that either your insides are also fire proof (more or less) or that the fire is converted to more harmless forms of chakra upon entry. My guess is the latter, but since it will only work from the front, it doesn't seem as much like an undertoned Preta Path.

I presume that the water releases are due to your natural affinity for water, since the sage mode itself seems very fire oriented.

With terror bark, perhaps more description of what it could do to a person might would be helpful. Tearing through the rocks and the ground, is it concussive like most sound techs of that type, or does it have a cutting edge as well? Is it gonna knock someone out or just fling them halfway across the arena?

Creativity points for riding earthen pillars like... err... rides. And since they're coated in natural energy, it can be presumed that senjutsu would also be an effective way to take them out as well.

Regarding the Cerberus pack, I kind of like the tone, though I wonder what the definition of complex taijutsu is.

Finally, though this is more nitpicking than anything, a space between modo and the kanji for Cerberus.

So yeah, nice, I can only imagine how much this will grow as you become more familiar and comfortable with sage mode.  :D
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 08:00:37 PM »

You might as well just state that the weaknesses are the common sage mode traits, although I guess there is good reason for that notation. Interesting how smell is labeled there as well, perhaps there is hope for smell-triggered genjutsu users yet.  :D

You can absorb the chakra of fire jutsu, however, I just have to ask as to what fire jutsu you can't absorb. You say almost any fire jutsu, and I wonder if that consists of Katon, Ameratsu, etc. or if it also concerns fiery derivatives like scorch and explosive (if you consider that fiery).

If you can also absorb the chakra via inhalation, then that would suggest that either your insides are also fire proof (more or less) or that the fire is converted to more harmless forms of chakra upon entry. My guess is the latter, but since it will only work from the front, it doesn't seem as much like an undertoned Preta Path.

I presume that the water releases are due to your natural affinity for water, since the sage mode itself seems very fire oriented.

With terror bark, perhaps more description of what it could do to a person might would be helpful. Tearing through the rocks and the ground, is it concussive like most sound techs of that type, or does it have a cutting edge as well? Is it gonna knock someone out or just fling them halfway across the arena?

Creativity points for riding earthen pillars like... err... rides. And since they're coated in natural energy, it can be presumed that senjutsu would also be an effective way to take them out as well.

Regarding the Cerberus pack, I kind of like the tone, though I wonder what the definition of complex taijutsu is.

Finally, though this is more nitpicking than anything, a space between modo and the kanji for Cerberus.

So yeah, nice, I can only imagine how much this will grow as you become more familiar and comfortable with sage mode.  :D
I labelled smell as a weakness because when Naruto farted in Kiba's face was hilarious and it basically weakened him

D rank to B rank katon justus. Some A rank
The fire is converted to harmless chakra upon entry
I can't absorb any Amaterasu or scorch release.

Terror bark could be more descriptive, I'm just lazy to update it.
It doesn't have a cutting edge, it's sound pressure.

Senjutsu can take out the pillars.

Complex taijutsu, I'm not going to give info as I like to not display all the ways to counter my techniques.

I translated it that way.(the kanji)

Also thanks for the input Eric.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »

Like Nathan said, some people won't accept it. So depends who you rp with.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »

Like Trev, that jerk.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »

Like Trev, that jerk.

I'm working on getting the resets.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 10:19:44 PM »

Like Trev, that jerk.

And me.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 10:32:06 PM »

To be more on topic, and disregard all the reset nonsense. The sage mode and techniques seems fine to me. Nothing too op and you didn't got overboard on anything.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 10:53:08 PM »

To be more on topic, and disregard all the reset nonsense. The sage mode and techniques seems fine to me. Nothing too op and you didn't got overboard on anything.
Thanks for your input.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 07:09:15 AM »

I labelled smell as a weakness because when Naruto farted in Kiba's face was hilarious and it basically weakened him

D rank to B rank katon justus. Some A rank
The fire is converted to harmless chakra upon entry
I can't absorb any Amaterasu or scorch release.

Terror bark could be more descriptive, I'm just lazy to update it.
It doesn't have a cutting edge, it's sound pressure.

Senjutsu can take out the pillars.

Complex taijutsu, I'm not going to give info as I like to not display all the ways to counter my techniques.

I translated it that way.(the kanji)

Also thanks for the input Eric.

Complex taijutsu hm? I presume something that is named rather than a random fist and a kick right? xD

Anyways, if someone weakens you by farting in your face, then that is actually a fight I would have to archive for the lulz.

Okay, so the bark is concussive. Gotcha.

That's it for me. As they all said, sometimes you'll get a check mark, and sometimes you'll get a hot rod.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.