Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just a body count  (Read 4147 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Just a body count
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »

I was wondering if there were still any out there that were thinking of nerfing characters rp wise.

If so I was just wanting to speak with you guys about perhaps starting our own community at SL. Creating a character template and such to follow and reworking our character to fit it.

I'm not sure if there are still people wishing to do this or not.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
Re: Just a body count
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:06:06 PM »

I will agree to this as long as some techniques are 'lost' like the Edo-Tensei and Harashin (although very unlikely to be agreed upon) or fit so the user can't have like 3 KG along with a technique like Harashin or Edo-Tensei.

In short my vote goes for making a template for people to follow and I just may be more willing to RP in this community.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:36:34 PM »

The whole point is to nerf so yeah there will not be anyone with a special skill and a KG. I also think we shoul not involve the tailed beast. And we should use a chakra system to decrease spamming.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »

Uetto, I applaud you for having such bravery to nerf your character. As I said before, the reason why rpers currently are overpowered is because most of them can't rp, so they must become OP in hopes of prolonging their short-lived lives. It's humorous how they always choose to become OP instead of sharpening their rp prowess and writing skills. Writing is so underestimated these days, don't you think?

Now... I hope your cause won't have pseudo-Madaras, like the ones we have running around lately, in this community you speak of. I can strongly say that I'm not OP. It would be an honor and a privilege to help your cause. 

In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 11:45:46 PM »

This is just a rough draft of things. I'm not trying to void any thing that is cannon but merely create a system that people who wish to can follow in order to perhaps not have such OP characters. There will always be those with skills that are stronger cannon wise (doesn't mean you know how to use them) however it helps if they are limited.

I'm not trying to force this upon anyone not in the least. However I would much enjoy seeing it take root and spread throughout the site. It can also be noted that in game resets shouldn't reflects this build in the least.

Code: [Select]
Attribute System:
One is awarded x amount of points upon character creation~
ACSD: 5
Genin:  10
Chuunin: 15
Jounin: 20
Kage: 40
These points are then spent towards the attribute system that helps determine your character’s stats~
Strength: x/10
Speed: x/10
Durability: x/10
Chakra Capacity: x/10
Intelligence: x/10
[b]Chakra System:[/b]
Basically each character is granted the amount of points placed in there ‘Chakra Capacity’ times 6.
Example- 3/10 means 18 chakra points. This reflects the amount of just that can be performed. (One should also note once this number runs low they become exhausted)
[b]Jutsu Coast System:[/b]
E-Rank: 1 point
D-Rank: 2 points
C-Rank: 4 points
B-Rank: 6 points
A-Ranks: 8 points
S-Rank: 10 points
Therefor a Genin with 12 chakra points could theoretically perform= 1 c-rank jutsu, 3 d-rank jutsu, & 2 e-rank jutsu.
[b]Jutsu Setup[/b]
To prevent character from having to wide of a arsenal and keep fairness in hand to a degree ranks will be issued a jutsu count. Meanind you may only know up to this many jutsu. (“*“ means infinite)
ACSD:  *e-rank, & 2 d-rank
Genin: *e-rank, 8d-rank, & 2c-rank
Chuunin: *e-rank, 15d-rank, 5c-rank, & 3b-rank
Jounin: *e-rank, 20d-rank, 8c-rank, 5b-rank, & 3a-rank
Kage:*e-rank, 25d-rank, 10c-rank, 7b-rank, 5a-rank, & 2s-rank
*Character Set Up*
So in order to limit the characters we are going to limit the things one can use to a very high degree. Basically make it so that there are no Madara or Kabuto’s running around but more Shikamaru or TenTen whom hold true to one type of fighting style.
It would be wise to think about this when setting up your attribution points as you don’t want them two to go against one another.
From this list you may choose two that your character can use, one as your main and the other as your primary:
Ninjutsu
Genjutsu
Taijutsu
Bukijutsu
Fuinjutsu
Meidc-jutsu
(more to be added in)
No next is where the big stink comes is, finding equilibrium with those stronger skills. Therefor we shall lay out an outline for KKG and things of the sort.
-a character may choose to have no KKG, special skill, or anything of the sort and those characters are awarded extra points to spend in their attribute system
-a character may choose to have a KKG but may not have any type of special skill or jutsu along with it such as Edo, FTG, Clan Techs, Sage Mode, 8gates; the amount of elements they can have shall be limited as well respectively to the KKG for example Mokuton: Doton & Suiton, Kaguya: none, Dojutsu: one, Rinnegan: none ^^Note: There will be no KG stacking so no EMS & Rinnegan
-a character may choose to have a clan skill that is not a KKG however this skill will be treated as such
-a character may choose to have a special skill such as Curse Seal, Sage Mode, or 8gates this will prevent them from being able to use any special jutsu, place a limit on the elements, and prevent them from being able to use a kkg. ^^Note these simple add extra attributes once activated.
-a character may choose to host a special jutsu such as Edo, FTG, Rasangan, ect. This will simply prevent them from having a KKG or special skill and limit their element count.
-a character may also choose to have no special thing of the sort and sub out their extra attribute system points for a third element

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 12:03:23 AM »

Of course there will have to be more systems place in to cover some stuff lie edo an sage mode. But really I not see why not give this a try? We have done the OP thing and all we have done is argue and make things less fun.

Why not go bak to the basics? Limit ourselves and start truly rping agian. In my eyes this is how we get bac to that golden age. Thi is what will mar SL enjoyable for everyone new players included. A fresh start.

Now I am also aware this is blasphemy at SL and I'm not saying anyone's rping method are wrong cause we are granted to rp whatever with whoever however we wish. Therefor to create this seperate community of rp we may have to create some peusedo villages via clan halls. A world apart from the OP one.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 12:10:02 AM »

Of course there will have to be more systems place in to cover some stuff lie edo an sage mode. But really I not see why not give this a try? We have done the OP thing and all we have done is argue and make things less fun.

Why not go bak to the basics? Limit ourselves and start truly rping agian. In my eyes this is how we get bac to that golden age. Thi is what will mar SL enjoyable for everyone new players included. A fresh start.

Now I am also aware this is blasphemy at SL and I'm not saying anyone's rping method are wrong cause we are granted to rp whatever with whoever however we wish. Therefor to create this seperate community of rp we may have to create some peusedo villages via clan halls. A world apart from the OP one.

How will implants be ruled for Dojutsu as I am sure there will be people who will try to have a KG or some other powerful technique and try to achieve more power.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 12:48:09 AM »

How will implants be ruled for Dojutsu as I am sure there will be people who will try to have a KG or some other powerful technique and try to achieve more power.

Simple there is no KG stacking. Simple as that those who do not have a kg or special skill may get one. However it will be chakra taxing and in a system where you actually lose chakra it makes it not OP.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 01:59:16 AM »

Weren't you going to make your own forum site Kirk? Hell if you want I can make you a simple free forum. I like that better simply because there is no peer pressure than. No one has to pick one way or another on SL. The site is already pretty bare, I don't think it would be a good idea to create almost literal factions of rp'ers that you have to choose between, that seems exclusive rather than inclusive.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »

Weren't you going to make your own forum site Kirk? Hell if you want I can make you a simple free forum. I like that better simply because there is no peer pressure than. No one has to pick one way or another on SL. The site is already pretty bare, I don't think it would be a good idea to create almost literal factions of rp'ers that you have to choose between, that seems exclusive rather than inclusive.

I don't have the time.

No one said you had to choose one or the other. I'm pretty certain Yu can have multiple accounts and characters at SL.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 08:00:53 PM »

I don't have the time.

No one said you had to choose one or the other. I'm pretty certain Yu can have multiple accounts and characters at SL.

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/ That site comes to mind with the template that you pasted.

The reason I bring it up is that I agree with Bocc on the matter. RPing in both communities, considering the schedules and all, is unpractical. True competition between the two would eventually lead to the more favored method of RPing becoming dominant and scrunching out the loser.

Now, I have a valid reason to believe that a less OP faction has a chance at actually accomplishing that, in no short amount of time in the grand scale of things.

Plenty of current folks are not going to want thier RP limited, but newcomers will likely flock to a system where they have a better chance of actually competing in the SL world.

In short, if you are intending on overturning and flipping the currently set up table-top game, then go ahead and state it as such. Otherwise, you might as well just take this to an off-site forum.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 08:25:16 PM »

That too ^ it would really only be a matter of time. I don't know about you but I would probably just stop rping all together. If I have to start all over and have their be actual stats and stuff I might as well go to a whole new site that is much more active, there's just no point in doing it here.

We don't need to make SL like other rp forums, hell, I'm here BECAUSE it isn't like other rp forums.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 09:09:18 PM »

We don't need to make SL like other rp forums, hell, I'm here BECAUSE it isn't like other rp forums.

That.
I'm not here to get nerfed, I'm here to have a Hōzuki-Uzumaki hybrid who can use five chakra natures, two of which are specialized, who has stupid weaponry and armor and have other people to fight who can stand up to that.
I hate stats and whatnot. If I wanted to play that way, I'd go on a ton of other active sites that offer that.
SL lets us have OP characters. It's the fun of it.
Excuse my French, but you guys have to stop bitching about the way this site works. Yes, we are all OP (except you lord god Pete you are not OP and can still smash around the OP players and so I will always worship you and kiss your feet) and I LIKE IT GODDAMNIT. Don't force me to change my character because some people can't screw their balls on and figure out how to achieve power. I worked hard on my stuff, especially considering most of it is custom anyways.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »

Like I said I'm not pushing thi on anyone and I'm not trying to get anyone on board I simply wanted to see if there were any. Perhaps we could form a clan and rp how we wished there.

SL does grant freedom to rp how you wish and if I an a few others wish to rp this way them we are allowed to. I'm not knocking your method if you haven't noticed I still actively rp in today's community and  not gonna stop.

I simply wanted to know if anyone wanted in. Hate me if you wish but I will do a I lie and don't care what anyone thinks.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 09:48:41 PM »

You know, the high-reset/many-hidden-techniques crowd aren't the only people that are OP in what they claim. There's also the other faction/crowd that claims to be some sort of super-special-otherworldly powerful being from another world/dimension/etc. that happen to be the fastest person in the world, with their lightning-quick reflexes and movements with their reverse-blade katana hidden within their apparent Akatsuki cloak. Not to mention, that they have enormous amounts of ominisouly-evil chakra that would even make a Tailed Beast tremble before them. Their mastery of all chakra natures in existence and creation of anything you can imagine from their mastery of Yin, Yang and Yin-Yang Releases. You won't be able to even do anything but blink in the time that they can easily destroy you.

All the while being an acad.

EDIT: And also being apparently gay, bi, lesbian, everything, nothing, uncategorized, etc. since apparently it matters now to all these new kids that think this is a dating site.

But overall, really. We've had this topic already and pointed out that it would be too much of a debuff for everyone. Isn't part of the point of having fun in SL mean that you have the possibility of getting four different KG? Or even subbing out some resets for custom KG and other stuff?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:53:31 PM by Kage »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 19 queries.